2013 Civil Service Exam thread (all discussions belong here; no need for new threads)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by johnjohn, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USAtoPD

USAtoPD New Member

Just got my score via email. Do vet points for MSP get added on to what was emailed or are they already calculated in what I received?

2. Q2B

Q2B MassCops Member

Got mine at 11pm; 96.....I'm feeling pretty good with that. 10 years from now when MSP is selecting recruits for the 83rd or 84th, maybe just maybe I'll have a shot. Until then I'll stand by to stand by.

3. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

This is going to be rough when the MSP, MBTA, and Enviromental Police merge next April.

pahapoika, mtc, FourInchFury and 4 others like this.
  4. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

Nice! I'm not a vet either. Great score. Good luck.

5. nikc12

nikc12 MassCops Member

Finally got my score last night at 10:30pm. Reading the email, though, it only makes mention of scores going to the municipal and MBTA list. No mention of state. Does anyone else have the same?

Also, under "Employment/Experience Claim" it states "No Claim received" while I did in fact submit all the forms. Anyone else have this issue?

6. MA12Local

MA12Local MassCops Member

Thank you very much, best of luck to you as well!!

My e-mail did not mention state police either, but I double checked my application on MACS and saw that I selected to have my scores appear on both lists. The handful of people I know who took the exam did not have state police mentioned in their e-mails either.

7. Auvie

Auvie New Member

Anyone else not get their score yet? I haven't.

8. Shosh328

Shosh328 MassCops Member

my email had no mention of state police and also did not acknowledge that i had submitted paperwork for my emt certification

9. Soap

Soap MassCops Member

I just got a second email from the state. It said my score for the state police is 96.99. In the first email it said my score for municipal police was 97. What's up with two different scores?

10. ? Anyone else, get this? the email I received was titled "police and trooper exam"

11. Auvie

Auvie New Member

I've only received 1. Same title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

12. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Ahhh geez, here we go. Different scores for the same test. This is about to get interesting.

frank likes this.
  13. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

The amount of new accounts today and yesterday so you noobs can brag and compare scores is painful.

mtc, niteowl1970, Hush and 4 others like this.
  14. Question: Can departments view the scores or just the ranking on the eligible list?

Any information from anyone with experience on what I could possibly be doing other than just waiting? (other than working on fitness, etc. ) Is it a mistake to try and get in touch with some of the departments that I am interested in? My score was 100, no vet status or any pref.

15. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

You fucks needing instant gratification are pathetic.. "Hey where's my score?" "Hey what'd you get, this is what I got" "Hey look at me".... Hey, how about sit the fuck down, and shut the fuck up... Christ, no patience.... I weep for this profession's future because you assholes are going to make shitty cops.. Thank God I'm on the downward slope....

grn3charlie, mtc, frank and 4 others like this.
  16. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

Great job testing, from my experience I would say be patient, PT and stay out of trouble. Best of luck ( unless you're in the same muni I tested in ;) )

1911shooter123 likes this.
  17. "downward slope" sounds about right

MA12Local likes this.
  18. vinniesleeves

vinniesleeves New Member

My Disabled Veteran status was not recorded. Its said non-vet! and my experience said none-submitted!..my score was 95.
    Not only did I submit it electronically but I also brought the paperwork to the test sight and gave it to the proctor by hand.
    Someone at HRD is not on the ball!

19. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

An engineer, an accountant, a chemist and an HRD civil servant are comparing their pet dogs. To see which is the most intelligent, each dog shows off its cleverest trick. The engineer’s dog draws a square and a circle on a sheet of paper. The accountant’s dog divides a heap of biscuits into three equal parts. And the chemist’s dog pours exactly a third of carton of milk into a bowl. Then it’s the turn of the civil servant’s dog. The dog strolls over, pees over the drawing paper, eats the biscuits, drinks the milk, has sex with the three other dogs, claims a back injury as a result and applies for compensation before going on sick leave.

pahapoika, mtc, USAF88 and 2 others like this.
  20. Takis31GK

Takis31GK MassCops Member

Got a 98....now let's wait and see

21. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

I'd bring your paper copy of your DD-214 to One Ashburton Place and see someone in person.

22. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

This is why I won't talk to a rookie until after they've proven themselves. Deuce doesn't need me to clarify his statement, but I'm pretty sure he means he's past the 2/3 mark til retirement, not that he's a broken down hair bag. Enjoy working 34 years in this job kid, I'll be out before 32 if I can stand the cuntification of this job til then.

pahapoika and grn3charlie like this.
  23. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

You candidates my want to tone it down and stop the posting. If and when someone does a background on you they will find internet posting and IT WILL be brought to your attention. Trust me I do BG's.

mtc, william and LGriffin like this.
  24. I know what he meant, just being an ass. His commentary has no place in a thread where people are trying to share information and possibly learn something...IMO
    This reminds me why I have not signed into masscops in 2 years.

25. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

If you don't like it here sign back out, sounds like you don't have skin thick enough to make it.

1911shooter123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.