2013 Civil Service Exam thread (all discussions belong here; no need for new threads)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by johnjohn, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

DISASTER is not just their plates. It's a way of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frank and Hank Moody like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Sigh.... Yes, you are; what's ironic is you and all the other kids like you that have proliferated this site are the reason why I rarely log on...

Jeez, I don't know how PDs have been hiring cops off CS all these years w/o the internet. How in the hell did guys/gals ever get on the job before? Hmm, I, like more than a few before me, waited; we didn't go around telling others what our score was, because no one cared; or panicking about not getting it when Joe Blow did. We waited.. Patiently and quietly.. I realize it's a new concept with you younger guys; it's readily apparent with every class that graduates an academy.. You guys aren't trying to glean info or learn something; you're whining like children. If you have a legitimate question, not the inane drivel here but legit stuff, call Ashburton Place, otherwise standby for further instructions...

zm88, Dre51085, mtc and 5 others like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Long time no see broseph..

Hank Moody likes this.
  4. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

Looks like they just approved the budget for 180 new State Troopers for a recruiting class starting in December. They sent out letters already, too bad it wasn't for this exam.

5. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

Looks like you just came out of a cave and subscribed to da interwebs today.

Boot, LawMan3, frank and 2 others like this.
  6. Hank Moody

Been spending the weekends in the Caymans with Heff bro. We'll catch up soon.

frank and 7costanza like this.
  7. grn3charlie

grn3charlie No! My teeth are real. See?

This lately has been as good as the 80th RTT thread. Anyone wanna put together a youtube vid like the 80th? That would be funny. I would but I'm a putz with that stuff

8. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

FIFY

Hank Moody and frank like this.
  9. Hank Moody

Udders are udders ked !!!!!!!!!!

zm88, frank, 7costanza and 1 other person like this.
  10. GoArmy14

GoArmy14 MassCops Member

I was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance in regards to the military make-up exams. My timing with this is clearly terrible as I see scores were recently released and contacting HRD is seemingly impossible at the moment. I figured I would try here to see if anyone could offer clarification as I am trying to figure the situation out in a timely manner and it seems HRD will be backed up for some time.

The civil service site has a "NOTE:" under the military make-up exam link that says you must have applied by the original deadline. However, on the HRD site, it also has a document that states:

"Military applicants who have not filed an exam application as a result of being in active service, must request to file for the military make-up exam in writing, not later than six months after their discharge/release from active duty.
    Military Make-up requests must be accompanied by:
    • documentation of dates of service (a DD214 Member-4 Form, military orders, or a Commanding Officer’s Verification Letter),
    • contact information: mailing address, daytime telephone, and email address. (Please note that for ongoing monthly military make-up exams, HRD sends Notices to Appear to applicants only by email)..."

That comes after the wording that states military applicants that registered for the exam by the deadline need to just call and schedule a makeup via a phone call. I am just trying to figure out if that is an old document that contradicts the current policy or not. Anyone who has gone through this process and/or has any insight they could provide - it would be greatly appreciated.

11. Shosh328

Shosh328 MassCops Member

yes, my trooper score was hgiher than my town/mbta score

12. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

My eyes and head hurt from reading all of this.

13. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

When they send out cards are they clearly marked? What color are they?

Pvt. Cowboy and frank like this.
  14. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

samadam78, Johnny Law and LGriffin like this.
  15. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Yuuupppp

16. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

don't forget, Deuce has a job you may never get.

one shouldn't comment on a job they have no experience with.

LGriffin likes this.
  17. buford t justice

buford t justice New Member

alot of wmass is hiring

18. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Well said

19. USMC0311

USMC0311 New Member

Looking for advice. Scored a 98 of town/city and MBTA and 100.16 with veteran points for MSP. I did not get any residence preference so I know that will hurt me. Is there any shot with a local department or should I start hoping they get down to the 100's for next MSP class?

20. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Get down to the 100's? The most anyone can score is 102, I believe. You should be GTG to get a letter.

21. USMC0311

USMC0311 New Member

Ya I also believe 102 is highest you can get, but still don't know how many people got 102-101's. I just was wondering if the no residency anywhere will give me a slim chance anywhere but MBTA or MSP. I do live in a civil service town, but not for a year prior to test.

22. MPACOP

MPACOP New Member

Shooter, register and message me. I have a friend going thru the same crap.

23. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I doubt he will be back. He requested to have his account deleted and we honored his request.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 jigawatts

24. buford t justice

buford t justice New Member

i have a quick question if anyone could help i would appreciate it, my father was killed on duty..due to state legislature the state of MA declared he wasnt "killed in the line of duty" but his department lists him as dying on duty, i took the test and score in the low 90's i was wondering if anyone knows or has a idea of my chances getting on his department? thanks

25. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Without the 402a or 402b preference and without any veterans preference, you are going to need to have at least residency preference to have a hope of getting on...even then, the department will probably need to have lots of open positions for that to happen.

I used my detective-fu to figure out who you and your Dad are, and your best bet is going to be to get on the legislature to have some sort of death benefit paid to the family to hopefully increase your chances. Good luck and sorry for your loss.

buford t justice likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.