2015 civil service test ALL POSTS

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by Rob720, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Perhaps. After 30+ years, I know a lot of weirdo's.

2. SouthShoreBrother

SouthShoreBrother MassCops Member

You can claim veteran status at any time during the life of the list, check mass.gov, they give you a step by step guide on how to update it. Unfortunately, you have a very small chance at getting an interview for a local pd. Some small towns like Bourne, ma sent out cards to d-vets but it's very rare. You will get a chance with the mbta once you update your vet status. I know d-vets that get a card from the mbta every 6 months like clockwork. You might as well take it for the academy and then transfer to a municipality. Mbta won't let you use your military time towards retirement and the group 4 pension is a little bit better.

pahapoika likes this.
  3. Bursturnbrurns

Bursturnbrurns New Member

Thank you so much for the help and info!

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Negative buddy. After 11 years, I got tired of getting FU letters. Last one I got was the day before Christmas in 2013, and it stung a lot more than others. At that time I decided that it wasn't meant to be for me, and pursued another career path.

I would highly recommend taking tests in NH. There's FAR less bs.

Goose likes this.
  5. SouthShoreBrother

I took the Manchester test a while back. I took the written, they grade it right in front of you, if you pass you do the physical right there. Then the oral boards were later the next week. I liked how streamlined the process was. I would definetly recommend taking it.

pahapoika likes this.
  6. VEWarrior

VEWarrior New Member

Anyone know when the Civil Service site will be updated? It says it was on Oct 6th, but I can't see any of my results on them...

7. SouthShoreBrother

8. SouthShoreBrother

Did you even take the 2013 test?

You strike me as the kind of guy that keeps hoping to win the lottery, but always forgets to buy the ticket.

FutureBosnianOfficer likes this.
  9. Tomj1501

Tomj1501 New Member

So from what I've read.. it sounds like everyone has had a tough time on the 2015 CS. I received a 93 and have Vet status.

I'm not putting my eggs all in one basket (I'm taking every test from the non-CS towns/ Hopkinton PD, Walpole, and soon North Attleboro)

Any advice on what else I can do to get my "foot in the door"? Should I self sponsor in the police academy?

10. tallwill88

tallwill88 MassCops Member

I know most of you guys want Massachusetts because that's where you all live, but have you guys considered Connecticut?
    You can go to www.policeapp.com and POSTC: Employment Opportunities in Connecticut Law Enforcement Agencies for the listings. There are currently 13 departments hiring in Connecticut.

Connecticut does not have a statewide civil service process. When I was hired, I took a test in March and I was in the academy six months later. However, state law requires police officer candidates to take a polygraph test. Connecticut has the highest salaries for police officers in the region, with starting salaries for entry-level officers up to $61,000. Unlike New Hampshire, Connecticut certifications transfer to Massachusetts after two years.

It may not as LA, but its close to home. And its definitely better than waiting around for Mass Civil Service.

11. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

You haven't read much here, have you?

mtc, Goose and MiamiVice like this.
  12. SouthShoreBrother

To be fair, his situation is completely different than anyone else's here. Didn't you know he was special?

Goose, Pvt. Cowboy and MiamiVice like this.
  13. VEWarrior

VEWarrior New Member

What?

14. SouthShoreBrother

I assumed you were talking about your test results from 2013. Because on this site, and on mass.gov, it has been mentioned numerous times that the list for this test will be released on November 1st. So your question was either referring to the 2013 test, or the hundredth time someone has asked when the list will come out. IT'S ON MASS.GOV! I'm starting to think people are doing this on purpose.

15. Rob720

Rob720 MassCops Member

when is the list actually established ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose and SouthShoreBrother like this.
  16. Rob720

Rob720 MassCops Member

hahah joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. SouthShoreBrother

Don't waste your time with a non cs town if you don't have an academy.

18. VEWarrior

VEWarrior New Member

Hey man, I got the results, and it said to temporarily check. When I checked, the last update said some day in October after I got my results. Was curious if that meant anything.
    No need to get upset. If you didn't want to answer, then don't.

19. SouthShoreBrother

Temporarily check? What does that even mean? And the update comes from civil service decisions/vet status updates. I expect you to get your head on a swivel, son. This is not a weakend retreat. I expect you to pay attention to detail. I will not tolerate anything less than perfection.

20. SouthShoreBrother

Now line up for a brown eye inspection.

21. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

This thread is starting to get a little out of control. More than usual anyways. Lock it in or be prepared to be launched.

Tomj1501, mtc, Goose and 2 others like this.
  22. DFG212

DFG212 MassCops Member

So I haven't got any e-mails about my score yet...am I supposed to call them and ask for my score? Also, does anyone know of/work with the Methuen, MA/Lawrence, MA police department in particular to know how their hiring processes differ from others? Thanks

23. SouthShoreBrother

Definitely call, you should've recieved a score by now. I know methuen hires a lot of reserve officers and then hire from that group for full time positions. Good way to get your foot in the door. You'll need a reserve academy tho.

24. SouthShoreBrother

But just so you know, methuen and Lawrence have different lists, so you can only be on one of them.

25. felony

felony MassCops Member

New Hampshire although a seemingly more fair of a process, is still full of nepotism. Before I got on, I took the Conway PD test and got passed over, for a in town applicant. I was actually told this by the LT at my final oral board. He gave me the number to a neighboring department to give them a call, as they had a posted vacancy, but I was so pissed off that I threw it away.

Londonderry, I took the test crushed the PT and written and got passed over. Never got a letter, never got a call never heard shit.

Manchester I took the test but got a job offer before I did the Poly.

Just remember NH REQUIRES a Polygraph for law enforcement positions. Its pseudo science at best and I would not like to rest my career on that machine or examiner.