2015 civil service test ALL POSTS

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by Rob720, Aug 1, 2014.

1. WirePro_Joe

WirePro_Joe MassCops Member

1. Anyone know if the cs list gets updated periodically over the two year period. For example, as people are hired off my town list will their names be removed from the list?

2. My town only hires reserve officers. While these guys are working as reserves will they still get offers from other departments and possibly leave the reserve gig for a full time one?

Thanks in advance

2. Roadhouse69

Roadhouse69 MassCops Member

A background investigator wouldn't necessarily uncover as much as a comprehensive personality assesment would. These tests are very specific and measure traits like cynicism, antisocial behavior, demoralization, Etc. I guess it makes the test a more rounded judge of a candidate as opposed to back when they were more like straight IQ tests. Plus this gives an edge to a candidate that has a great disposition for law enforcement, but might not test as well as others.

3. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Ooo oooo he's back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Maybe you should just apologize, without the smarmy "I did nothing wrong!" part and we may enlighten you.

Goose likes this.
  5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

I don't think this new "personality" segment of the test will change anything. People will find out how to answer it and the test scores will go back up. Sucks that civil circus sabotaged this last group of test takers, but if your young enough just keep taking it and things should improve.

I would like to see the test go back to the old "blue book" style. You studied a book on laws and department policy and tested off of that. At least then new hires had a running knowledge of the job.

Of course this was contested by a "certain" group and we got the multiple choice, 100 questions and 10 grade reading level that i took for years :rolleyes:

Goose likes this.
  6. Roadhouse69

Were people sabotaged? Maybe the scores, even though lower on average, are still in the order they would have been. My understanding of the new grading system was that it was intended to shrink the bands of applicants with the same score. It looks like it worked.

7. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Is this a preview of what your gonna do if you become a cop. Let shit bother you for almost two weeks and try and figure out why some guy called you a fuckface on the side of the road. If that's the case, then maybe police work is not for you.

Roadhouse69 and Goose like this.
  8. MiamiVice

I feel like the bus should be kept idling around the corner............

Hank Moody and Goose like this.
  9. Pvt. Cowboy

Keys are in it...

I won't tolerate people coming here and insulting our members, or being condescending know it all fucks. There's a STAGGERING wealth of information here, and I'll be damned if it's gonna get stomped on by ignorance and attitude.

Like people who take veiled shots at others. Don't think it didn't go unnoticed.

Mustang... All you had to do was say, "Sorry if I was outta line." But no. You had to say "I looked back to see when I was being a douche and I didn't see it!" You were. That's why you earned yourself a week off. My Lord, the entitlement generation never ceases to amaze me...

Roadhouse69 and Goose like this.
  10. MiamiVice

Yes! Your being a self entitled know it all douche!

Hank Moody and Pvt. Cowboy like this.
  11. Roadhouse69

I didn't realize it was everyone else's fault for beating around the bush. Thanks for correcting us.

MiamiVice likes this.
  12. Roadhouse69

There you go again blaming someone else. It doesn't bother me, but your gonna need to fix that before you consider getting into the field. This forum is tame compared to the ball busting that happens on the job.

13. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

I believe what set you up for the title of know it all douche was the "my dads a trooper" comment and also "I hear knowing someone is just as good as being a veteran". Me being a combat veteran find that hilarious. That's just my observation on that subject. Anyway screw SSPO!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    FAPD, Goose, pahapoika and 1 other person like this.
  14. MiamiVice

Que up the tears and a trophy for everyone, there's no losers here only winners!

15. Roadhouse69

Actually you did agree with someone else when they said it, so....

But tell me more about how officers should treat each other. I would love to know what a 21 year old that's never been on the job has for advice.

16. Roadhouse69

Something is seriously wrong with you.

17. Pvt. Cowboy

Nobody here cares kid. Don't come into our house and piss on the couch, get called out for being an entitled twat, then get defensive about your previous statements when called out on it. It's pretty clear.

Clearly put, you know so much of what IS NOT TRUE. Good luck with your, "Knowing somebody is just as good as veteran status."

felony, Goose, GARDA and 2 others like this.
  18. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

You want advise, here it is. There are tons on people on this site that have been trying to be a PO, taking test after test, bettering themselves and working hard to get where they want to be. There is a lot of people, like myself who joined the military, went away from there friends and family for long periods of time, deployed and risked their lives. I, like JD find it laughable that you would even ask that question. Why should you get special treatment and cut the line in front of people who have been working hard to get where they want to go? I can tell you that knowing a trooper is not going to put you above anyone. It will help if you get a card and they start doing your background, if your father has a good rep. But try working for something, better yourself, your young, join the military, lots of good skills that apply to police work. But stop trying to shortcut and sidestep. No one is going to be happy that you are trying to get an undeserved handout when others have been working hard.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    FTH, HistoryHound, Goose and 3 others like this.
  19. Pvt. Cowboy

Again, with the shitty attitude. That shit right there.

20. Roadhouse69

I feel bad for you.

21. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

OOPS. Hit the wrong button. You'll all get over it.

Goose likes this.
  22. MiamiVice

Did the bus leave the station

23. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

It's on a small loop. It normally only services posted stops. SOME people like to jump right in front of, and ultimately under it.

Goose and GARDA like this.
  24. Pvt. Cowboy

C'mon!! I was playing with my food!!

Turds like that need more flaming until they're well done...

Fuckin' killjoy.

25. Roadhouse69

How low you think they'll go for Sgt's?