2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by 43225, Feb 15, 2017.

1. jgraham11

jgraham11 New Member

Wait, you took the test today and got the scores by 8pm? I'm sorry if I'm missing something that just seems insanely fast

2. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

So no extra 2 points for municipal or transit? Also I understand how you are given disabled Veterans prefers since I read just about every page on mass.gov. My question is if you're disabled more then 10% then how can you be "street ready". As someone said earlier they all get weeded out at the medical exam. Wonder if that's true.

Kinda ticked off if the 2 points don't go towards municipal or transit since I have no desire for the highway... I just don't think I would cut it.

3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

That's a tough hit :( when I was young and dumb asked the 11 to 7 shift Commander for some time off - negative !
    Rolled into the statie test, no sleep, five coffees and scored a 96 :(

Joel98, woodyd and Goose like this.
  4. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Jrod, Just because you have a disability rating through the va doesn't mean your actually disabled with a physical limitation. If you get any disability through the VA, 10% or over, you just send the paperwork to cs when your discharged. 10% gives you disabled vet preference through the cs. I'm considered a "disabled vet", but I assure you I perform the job just fine. If you get 30% through the military you are considered disabled and get health care for life through the va, for cs it's only 10.

5. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

That's what I'm trying to understand. No doubt in my mind that you can preform the job 100%. I guesss I screwed myself when I ETS'D. What did you claim for your disability?

6. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

Lmao! Moody would be a generous description. If I was one of the Seven Dwarves, this morning I would have been Dopey by the time I reached the test site.

pahapoika and visible25 like this.
  7. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

The fact that a 96 is a no go shows how screwed up the system really is. Anyplace else, 96 would be a great score. They should get rid of the bullshit personality questions and add reading and math questions at a higher than eighth grade level.

Joel98, Danusmc0321 and pahapoika like this.
  8. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Your a bad person

9. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

They have to post scores within 60 days by law

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans MassCops Member

60 Days? the 2015 test was in April.. Scores didn't come out till October

Crefton likes this.
  11. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

The preference for municipal and Transit is far more generous than two points- a Veteran with a 70 is just above a non-Veteran with 100. This has been discussed numerous times on MassCops, use the search feature. And no, there are disabled Veterans who pass the medical and get hired. Two different sets of standards used by the VA and HRD to determine VA disability and HRD medical clearance.

12. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

September 1st you will get your score

13. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

Well sounds good, glad I have the vets preference then. Guess we play the waiting game until then. Gl to everyone who took the exam. Seems like everyone I spoke too seems overly confident about their score, let's see if reality take them back to earth when the scores come back.

14. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Got two of those dreaded 96's.

It gives you a staggering false sense of hope only to be crushed to smithereens. ;)

It was definitely the personality portion that toasted me. I'm certain I picked "strong" as opposed to "very strong" a few too many times.

Joel98, pahapoika and woodyd like this.
  15. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

You can come out of that test feeling like a million bucks and still score low in CS case a 94 and below. No one knows how the test is scored, its one big mystery, my advice would be not to wait around for the CS and try non civil towns as well as reserve academies and college departments.

Joel98 and pahapoika like this.
  16. pahapoika

17. pahapoika

( might have told this story before so forgive me if I'm repeating myself )
    Took the "old test" back in the early nineties. It was held at the old Boston Latin just outside of Chinatown.
    The troopers were already yelling at us that morning just to give you a taste of what was to come if you're lucky enough to get picked.
    Apparently they ran everybody's name that applied for the test and actually arrested about 10 kids pulling them right out of the line for outstanding warrants.
    It was "interesting" :cool:

Joel98 and Goose like this.
  18. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

Haha, that's awesome. About the only entertainment I saw at the Worcester test site this year was some dumbass who jumped out of line, talking to himself, with a stupid grin on his face walking back towards his car. We all asked him what happened and he said "I forgot a pencil". Pretty pathetic, but somewhat entertaining.

19. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

How long was the line at the Worcester location? I was at the Lynn site and Jesus Christ the line circled the entire building (Lynn English high school). Which is twice the length of Boston city hall. I'm curious if the outpour was for the MSP exam since there hasn't been one in years.

20. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

Crazy long.... I was there a half hour early and we didn't get in the building to a room until 9:30 (test was supposed to start at 9). Just guessing, but I would say there were 600-700 people there.

21. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

I heard through the grapevine that this year, the total number of people taking the exam was actually a lower turnout than previous tests. But, that was just what someone said in line at the CS exam.

22. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

Sounds like the RISP test. And I've heard NJSP might do similar

Joel98 likes this.
  23. jgraham11

jgraham11 New Member

I've heard the amount of guys who get in trouble for various problems like drugs, citations, etc is way more than you'd think

I can't understand how someone can go into a police exam with some history of bad credit, some type of record or a ton of driving violations and think they will just forget about all that

24. JansenAshton

JansenAshton MassCops Member

Anyone know when these will be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Tailon630

Tailon630 New Member

Ya usually the scores come out mid July or August. The lists are usually established in September but aren't eligible till November. So try to forget about the scores until you get a random email about it in the summer.