2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by 43225, Feb 15, 2017.

1. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

They're released in order by score, starting with 100s and working down from there.
    I got a 78 and got my email about an hour ago. Given that 70 is the minimum passing score, I'd say that anyone who passes, will know by tomorrow morning. Failure notices usually go out the following day (Wednesday), but through process of elimination you usually know that you failed when there's no email by Tuesday evening.

Rogergoodwin and Clydon94 like this.
  2. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

I feel like this can't be how they're released. Where did you take the exam?

3. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

You can get your scores now if you sign onto your MACS account. I got my usual "too low to get called, but high enough to have hope, 96"
    There's always 2019...

woodyd likes this.
  4. JansenAshton

JansenAshton MassCops Member

I'm on my MACS account and can't find a thing.... ::face palm::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrCapias likes this.
  5. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

6. Rogergoodwin

You have to use your 9 digit ID number.

7. JansenAshton

Oh hell I don't remember it....

8. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

And the test location

9. jnik84

jnik84 New Member

It's not about forgetting about it. It's about putting time and distance between your indiscretions and applying. Showing maturity and growth goes a long way. Not to mention when you are questioned about said indiscretions, which will undoubtedly happen, honesty and ownership speak volumes about character and growth.

Kenny likes this.
  10. JansenAshton

Ok I got my ID number and test location, so do I have to make a new account now? How does that work?

11. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

Call the MSP headquarters and ask for the Sgt. on duty. They will give you your score ID #.

12. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

Just got mine. 72 ugh

woodyd likes this.
  13. Rogergoodwin

It's actually pretty easy. Just send them your ID # and request your score. Use the link I added below. I'm probably going to send my score out to a couple departments to get a jump on the other people that are still waiting for their score.

Contact EB Jacobs

woodyd likes this.
  14. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

Don't worry, the email that you'll get has your ID number in it. I assume you remember where you took the test.
    I've heard that most of the people that passed, have already received an email, maybe a few more to go tomorrow morning. I'd say if nothing by lunchtime tomorrow you're probably out of luck, as the failure notices go out on Wednesday:(

15. JansenAshton

Thanks a lot I just emailed them. Hopefully I'll hear back soon!

Rogergoodwin likes this.
  16. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

Don't worry too much, I know MSP is taking 71s from the last test, I got four cards with my 83, but declined because I'm holding out for my hometown.
    This is just a Rumor, but I've heard the FBI was considering taking laterals, so there may be some openings from people leaving MA jobs for the FBI.

pahapoika likes this.
  17. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

i thought scores are going to be released late summer lol

18. MP503

MP503 MassCops Member

So you scored a 83 and you got four (4) cards from the MSP and you turned them down?? when did you take the exam where you scored a 83???

19. MP503

MP503 MassCops Member

So is this your first time taking a Civil Service exam for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts?!?!

20. Rogergoodwin

Right over your head...

Shenanigans and Kenny like this.
  21. MP503

MP503 MassCops Member

After reading some of these post it made me and my friend LOL. It seems like a lot of you guys have no idea how this works and how they will contact you. FYI the MSP did NOT go all the way down to score 71 for their upcoming class for the 83RTT. The lowest score they went down to is 96. FBI will NEVER take a "laterals" from local or state police departments, hell they don't even take laterals from other federal agencies!!!!!!! If a state trooper leaves to go to the Feds they lose all their time in service because it does NOT transfer. State time to Fed time are two different things!!!!!!!!!! The list will be good from November 2017 to November 2019 for all local city/town police and Transit (MBTA) Police... You can send your test score to all 351 cities and towns, civil service or not and they will throw your test scores away in the trash. You do not contact them, Civil Service (NOT A POLICE DEPARTMENT) will contact you and tell you that ABC Police Department are looking for X amount of police officers and you are in the running.... Only time a police department will contact you is if they are NOT civil service and they put on their own test....

Joel98 likes this.
  22. Rogergoodwin

Something tells me that common sense is not one of your strong suits...

woodyd likes this.
  23. MP503

MP503 MassCops Member

Right over my head???? How is this over my head?

I just want to know where you people are getting your information from? Which departments are you going to send your test score out to rogergoodwin lol?

24. MP503

MP503 MassCops Member

Why do you say that?? Is it because I know how civil service works since I have worked for the Commonwealth for 14+ years?

25. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

OMG this is too funny. I'll tell you what, you should skip right over working as a Patrolman and go straight for Detective.