2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by 43225, Feb 15, 2017.

1. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

As in if you only selected trooper, you can take the muni test? Now the exam is in June does that mean your residency has to be a year to that date?

2. HuskyH-2

Update: HRD gave me the opposite answer through email. Only available for certain age group.

3. Elks@Summer

Elks@Summer MassCops Member

That's odd because I called their 1800 number and I stated that I was not 19 or 20 and did not sign up for the previous exam. I then asked if it would be possible for me to take the exam in June and she said yes most defiantly. I will try and email them tonight and see if I get the same answer.

4. HuskyH-2

I called and they stated if you didn't take any version of the exam your good to go, regardless of age.

5. MP503

MP503 MassCops Member

I Love the Commonwealth of Massachusetts!!!!!!! LOL

6. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

7. Crefton

Crefton New Member

I heard this as well

8. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

I've also heard this from multiple police officers

9. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

Stupid question but if you're 19/20 then what's the purpose of taking the test if you can't be appointed as an officer until you're 21?

Or is it one of those thoughts that it takes so long for people to get on they'll be 21

10. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

With the time frame from taking the test to when they actually pull names there's a good possibility that someone who is 19 or 20 will be 21 by the time they actually need to be

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

visible25 likes this.
  11. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

You make a good point. Eligibility should go by your age at the time you took the test. If I took it when I was 34, then went through a 2 year hiring process with MSP, I shouldn't be disqualified
    If that's the case with the lower age limit, is it also the case with the upper age limit?

For example, say I'm 34 when I take the test, and I'm going for MSP. By the time the whole process is complete, I would be over the age limit of 35. Does that then make me ineligible? It shouldn't, and I don't think it does.

They should keep the same standard for both age limits.

12. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

I like the way they're doing it. If your turning 21 a day after the test, you shouldn't have too wait 2 years to be eligible. The same standard for both age limit makes no sense. Imagine department's having to speculate how long the hiring process will be in order to determine a candidates eligibility.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  13. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

My understanding is as long as your age is 32 or under when you take the test you should be good to go.

I could also be wrong. which I usually am. :)

I took the MBTA for the last time because they have no upper age limit.
    I will most likely be a CO till I die.

Peace