81st RTT thread

Discussion in 'State Police' started by LawMan3, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorthshoreWannabe

NorthshoreWannabe "Special" Speller Good Me

What are the odds that this thread is going to be 5+ years and over 4772 posts long?

Congrats on everyone that graduated. Very Jealous.
  2. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

I doubt any thread will every rival the original 80th thread....This is Massachusetts however, so there is a possibility!
  3. KSM82

KSM82 MassCops Member

When the time comes, if he's still interested in drill, he should talk to a recruiter about getting orders to The Old Guard (if he goes active). The U.S. Army Drill Team is located in Ft. Myer, VA and apart of The Old Guard. If you like, I have the direct numbers to recruiting and retention and would be happy to shoot them your way.
  4. corsair

corsair Supporting Member

5. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

The Patrick administration apparently can not get enough of a good thing. Secretary Heffernan said the governor's proposed budget requests $600,000 for another training troop.
    She said that would have 150 recruits begin training in April 2013.
  6. TheSpecial

TheSpecial MassCops Member

Hopefully off the same list. It would pretty much have to be unless they plan a test very soon. Seeing as it takes 3-12 months for a list to be established.
  7. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

You are wise, beyond your years.......
  8. nepats12

nepats12 MassCops Member

does anyone know how far down on the list they made it for the last academy? assuming a 95 still may not cut it...
  9. TheSpecial

All of the 98's got a card. Down to the 97's
  10. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

The 81st, should it happen off of the current test, would be 97s and above. There were only a handful of 98s who made the final cut to get into the 80th.
  11. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

All info deemed erroneous if not spoken by "The Oracle." ;)
    USMCMP5811, fra444, LECSniper and 2 others like this.
  12. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

On all counts!!
  13. corsair

corsair Supporting Member

And the FTO Olympics have officially begun.
    BLUE BLOOD and mtc like this.
  14. MSPField

MSPField MassCops Member

Who's that? Not me I hope, I'm just a janitor.
    However, the article from the T&G is fairly accurate. It leaves out the all important "subject to funding". Still class looks probable, though keep those calls and letters going if you want it confirmed. Looks like the SPA might be busy this year and next.
    Good luck to the new Commandant and staff.
    81st likely to be filled by the existing list, few left over 97's and up, at least some 96's are sure to get the call if the timeline holds.
    Tune in here hopefuls to be informed as things progress. In other words don't pm me, I have floors to mop.
    LECSniper, NorthshoreWannabe and mtc like this.
  15. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

That contradicts what I heard from my friend's uncle's mechanic's parole officer's aunt who said the 81st RTT will also be accepting laterals.
    mtc likes this.
  16. TheSpecial

Did some 97's get into the 80th? I got a 97 and just wanted to confirm that I am unlucky as hell. Thanks for the info as always MSPField. My nipples get hard everytime I see that you post.

Excited for April 2013 ...what's another year when you have been wating your whole life.
  17. NorthshoreWannabe

NorthshoreWannabe "Special" Speller Good Me

Thank you to the Oracle, I mean Janitor. Haven't seen this one answered, do the people that missed out on the 80th start back at square one or will they pick up where they left off?

They didn't make it to any 79's for the 80th. If you can find it, you can seen everyone from their candidate numbers that were posted for psych, fitting, physical etc
  18. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

Only 97.5 and above made the 80th. Sorry.
    Johnny Law likes this.
  19. MSPField

MSPField MassCops Member

No I screwed up when I typed that, damn Molsons. :confused:
    IT SHOULD READ:
    81st likely to be filled by the existing list, few left over 98's and up, at least some 97's are sure to get the call if the timeline holds. And now that I'm rereading it stone cold sober and awake, they will call all the 97's and as with the 98's the oral boards will decide the rank.

And unless your one of the babes justanotherparatrooper posts, I'm not interested in your nipple status. o_O
    BRION24, fra444, USMCMP5811 and 2 others like this.
  20. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Somehow I'm doubting any "79's" are going to make it to the show...
  21. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Still only looking for another 150? Or is that tentative too?
  22. Cyrix142

Cyrix142 MassCops Member

Will they be posting any more of the academy training pictures on the mass.gov website?
  23. Wolfman

Wolfman "Ultima Ratio Civis" Staff Member

Just deleted a bunch of very off-topic posts that really had nothing to do with the 81st RTT and some of which were really questionable about placing on a public forum to start with. The whole world - including the media - is watching.

Keep it in your pants, fellas.
  24. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

If things didn't get off topic, then it wouldn't be masscops.
    fra444, USMCMP5811 and BLUE BLOOD like this.
  25. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

I couldn't post on the 80th RTT thread, so I will mention it here (may have already been mentioned and if so I apologize). I was listening to JEFF KATZ on AM1200 recently. He mentioned that Governor Patrick alloted enough money for the academy training, but didn't budget money to retain the new Troopers. He seemed to be hinting at layoffs down the road. Anyone know more on this? I hope it's not true, but with a Governor that hates Cops, anything is possible.......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.