Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

83rd RTT Thread

142K views 251 replies 54 participants last post by  patrol22 
#1 ·
Have at it, kids!

#5 ·
Has anyone heard anything? Will this class be in the next budget? My friends brothers tattoo artist told me that his uncle works at the SPA and word on the streets is that the 83rd will be the biggest class ever run in New Braintree. Can anyone confirm or deny that information?

#11 ·
If I was a betting man...

I'd be getting fit and squirreling away money for an RTT to commence later this year. I don't have any confirmed statements however we know that staffing is down, the Governor is a supporter, and I think the academy staff has nothing to do after the summer...

I have no dog in the fight, but that's what I would be doing.

#20 ·
They do a little bit of everything. Lots of running/sprinting the first couple of weeks. Lots of circuit courses, weight training and crossfit. Be in the best shape you can get yourself in before you arrive. Make sure the PT you do is challenging without injuring yourself. You pt everyday and if your body is not used hard PT, you will still be recovering from the previous days PT and it will wear you down and you will probably drop out. That's where alot of the drops came from. I thought the DT was well put together, they do plenty of boxing and ground fighting. It's a good baseline to get you well equipped to handle yourself, but just like anything else it's a perishable skill that needs to be maintained and worked on.

#22 ·
New State Police Class line item didn't make the Governor's budget, was vetoed as an amendment to the House budget and didn't make the Senate budget. Not looking good for at least another year.

If you're a glass half full person, it looks like the Senate is trying to push through an insurance surcharge in Amendment 1036 that would eventually help to fund annual classes as needed. Similar program was shot down several times in the past, soooooo I'm guessing this proposal will too.

If you want an 83rd to happen and you scored a 98 on the 2013 exam, you should write your state politicians a lot of letters quickly. Next exam is likely to come in less than a year from now. Don't want that new eligibility list to become active before the hiring process for the 83rd begins.

Carry on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.