Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 40 of 252 Posts
They do a little bit of everything. Lots of running/sprinting the first couple of weeks. Lots of circuit courses, weight training and crossfit. Be in the best shape you can get yourself in before you arrive. Make sure the PT you do is challenging without injuring yourself. You pt everyday and if your body is not used hard PT, you will still be recovering from the previous days PT and it will wear you down and you will probably drop out. That's where alot of the drops came from. I thought the DT was well put together, they do plenty of boxing and ground fighting. It's a good baseline to get you well equipped to handle yourself, but just like anything else it's a perishable skill that needs to be maintained and worked on.
I'd like to see the ground fighting curriculum. Just out of my own curiosity.

Maybe someone can get me a special hall pass to observe the DT during SPMA...

New State Police Class line item didn't make the Governor's budget, was vetoed as an amendment to the House budget and didn't make the Senate budget. Not looking good for at least another year.

If you're a glass half full person, it looks like the Senate is trying to push through an insurance surcharge in Amendment 1036 that would eventually help to fund annual classes as needed. Similar program was shot down several times in the past, soooooo I'm guessing this proposal will too.

If you want an 83rd to happen and you scored a 98 on the 2013 exam, you should write your state politicians a lot of letters quickly. Next exam is likely to come in less than a year from now. Don't want that new eligibility list to become active before the hiring process for the 83rd begins.

Carry on...

Oh boy..... It begins :D

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAAAIIINNN!!!!

Edit: Sudden rush of excitement gone when I read they're pulling from the '13 list...

Yep, if you read the release about it they say they're taking anyone with a 97.90 from the 2013 list
I feel like they are going to have to dip into the lower scores once things get going. Four years is a long time for people to waiting by their mailboxes for MSP to come calling. While some will still take the offer I imagine a lot of people have taken other jobs, moved or just lost interest in going though that process. Plus if the turnout for the 82nd's hiring steps is any indicator, interest in MSP (and policing in general) might be waning these days

I feel like they are going to have to dip into the lower scores once things get going. Four years is a long time for people to waiting by their mailboxes for MSP to come calling. While some will still take the offer I imagine a lot of people have taken other jobs, moved or just lost interest in going though that process. Plus if the turnout for the 82nd's hiring steps is any indicator, interest in MSP (and policing in general) might be waning these days
You're a smart dude.

I post the math on this stuff when it comes around... maybe I'm just a weirdo. BUT, there could be some members here who have put a lot of credence into my calculations when I told them, "you're gonna get a letter" and sure as shit, they did.

82nd, I think was about 40%. That's the number of people that will show up with all their paperwork completed to the PT. Realistically now, factoring removals from the process from before, people who got on elsewhere since then... and the general lack of interest in policing right now due to the political climate and the media... ehhhh 31%. Just a guess though. And those are just the ones that show up. Doesn't include PT failures, background fails etc.

Good luck to those in the process.

You're a smart dude.

I post the math on this stuff when it comes around... maybe I'm just a weirdo. BUT, there could be some members here who have put a lot of credence into my calculations when I told them, "you're gonna get a letter" and sure as shit, they did.
Not on the 2013 list, how's it looking for my letter? :D

edit: I'll take your 96.69 no problem

21 - 40 of 252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.