Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
61 - 80 of 252 Posts
Well, I see that fat body's video is making the rounds. Had that one sent to me the other day...

Love how he complains about the allotted times for the run. [emoji849]
Don't worry the academy staff is aware of it and will be waiting for him. Maybe instead of the run he could do a pick up game of B-ball.

Any chance I can PM someone who would have some insight into specific types of PT prep one should be doing to prepare for an RTT? Thanks!
Make sure you are in the best shape of your life. It's pretty simple. They run a lot at the beginning, so make sure your shins and ankles can stand the pounding. They transition to Crossfit (like it or not) very quickly, so be prepared for that. You don't have to do Crossfit before the academy to be able to handle Crossfit, but make sure you're in GREAT shape because the workouts are demanding. My suggestion would be to be able to run 3-4 miles, 4 days a week BEFORE you start the academy. Make sure you can do A LOT of body weight exercises, like push-ups and a lot of air aquats (hint, make sure your weight is down) as well. At a minimum, this class has 9 more months to get in shape (probably longer) before day 1, which is plenty of time even if you're currently out of shape, but don't wait until next year to start.

There is no secret method of graduating the SPA. Be in fantastic shape, make sure you are mentally ready to be uncomfortable at ALL TIMES, and never give up, no matter how bad it gets.

Make sure you are in the best shape of your life. It's pretty simple. They run a lot at the beginning, so make sure your shins and ankles can stand the pounding. They transition to Crossfit (like it or not) very quickly, so be prepared for that. You don't have to do Crossfit before the academy to be able to handle Crossfit, but make sure you're in GREAT shape because the workouts are demanding. My suggestion would be to be able to run 3-4 miles, 4 days a week BEFORE you start the academy. Make sure you can do A LOT of body weight exercises, like push-ups and a lot of air aquats (hint, make sure your weight is down) as well. At a minimum, this class has 9 more months to get in shape (probably longer) before day 1, which is plenty of time even if you're currently out of shape, but don't wait until next year to start.

There is no secret method of graduating the SPA. Be in fantastic shape, make sure you are mentally ready to be uncomfortable at ALL TIMES, and never give up, no matter how bad it gets.
If people, at this point, don't know what they need to do to be able to survive an RTT, with the PAGES of RTT info that's available here...

If they really need applicants, I'm more than willing to take a quick test... if they catch my drift... *cough* I'm ready to go *cough* someone from MSP HR see this post *cough*

Reactions: pahapoika
The Official Website of the Executive Office for Administration and Finance

Administration and Finance
Input Search QuerySelect an Area to Search
Main Menu
Breadcrumbs
  1. Home
  2. Employment, Equal Access, Disability
  3. Civil Service
  4. Examination Information
  5. 2017 Police Officer -Municipal, MBTA Police and Trooper
2017 Police Officer -Municipal, MBTA Transit Police Officer and State Trooper

Examination Information:
Written Examination Date: March 25, 2017
Application Deadline: February 21, 2017*
Written Examination Fee:
Municipal and MBTA TransitORState Trooper
$100*

Municipal, MBTA Transit PoliceANDState Trooper
$150*

Eligibility: Entry-level, open to public
Notices to Appear for Written Exam Sent TBD
Score Release Date: TBD
Employment & Experience(E/E) Last Day to Appeal: TBD
List Established Date: TBD
*There is an additional $50 late fee for applications received after February 21, 2017. Applications will NOT be accepted after March 1, 2017.

Study Guide:
2017 Municipal, MBTA Transit Police Officer and State Trooper Exam Preparation Guide

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Did you find the information you were looking for on this page?*
YesNo
Complementary Content
Have a Civil Service Question?
News & Updates

Subscribeto News & Updates RSS feed.Learn moreabout RSS
© 2016 Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Mass.Gov® is a registered service mark of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

61 - 80 of 252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.