Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
81 - 100 of 252 Posts
Things to remember on this thread:
- Don't take anything personal
- Read more and talk less
- Despite the jokes, great advice is given on here....just search for it and pay attention.
Good luck to those who received a letter. Smh @ the Youtube kid....why? Hahahaha

I really, truly hope these numbers hold for just a few more years. Like long enough for me to get a crack at MSP from the 2017 test or Boston from the 2019 test (won't have residency in time for 2017). After trying in vain for the past five-six years, maybe I'll get my chance.
Amen to that man, in the same boat as you. Hope things work out!

so sad

All the kids that would have given their left nut to get that job 20 years ago !
Now these spots are being wasted on fat losers :rolleyes:
Two people I blame.

Myself, for not serving the country. I would have had a 97 on the '02 exam.

Deval. That POS didn't put a class on for 5.5 years while I sat at the top of the list.

Two people I blame.

Deval. That POS didn't put a class on for 5.5 years while I sat at the top of the list.
Let's not forget him taking away our full Quinn and giving 40 something million to healthcare for illegals that same year.

Two people I blame.

That sucks. I was in the same boat as you from the '02' test and took it again in '09' and was fortunate enough to get on. I remember going through the process and due to some clerical error...we were put on standby because some 97 or 96 scores were accidentally passed over. They ended putting them through the process and it bumped us off the list. I wasn't even pissed. It was the right thing to do, but man...that one hurt. Then we sat there for 5.5 years and nothing happened. All good, Pvt. Cowboy. How are you looking on this list?

That sucks. I was in the same boat as you from the '02' test and took it again in '09' and was fortunate enough to get on. I remember going through the process and due to some clerical error...we were put on standby because some 97 or 96 scores were accidentally passed over. They ended putting them through the process and it bumped us off the list. I wasn't even pissed. It was the right thing to do, but man...that one hurt. Then we sat there for 5.5 years and nothing happened. All good, Pvt. Cowboy. How are you looking on this list?
I remember that. Us 95's showed up for interviews and pictures, and then we were told to beat it because a stack of 96's were found in some retired LT's desk or something.

Ranked like... 3700 or something, got a 96.62, however if by the extreme unlikelihood they did get down to me, I've moved on from the "hope and pray" games and found a career that's not worth leaving.

It does seem like whenever they have a list that goes on for a while they seem to go way down the list for the final class. A lot of people get really old/out of shape in 3 or 4 years and/or can't afford to leave their job for a possible chance at getting on

It does seem like whenever they have a list that goes on for a while they seem to go way down the list for the final class. A lot of people get really old/out of shape in 3 or 4 years and/or can't afford to leave their job for a possible chance at getting on
Huh?

That list was active for 7 years. There was a total number of 2000 or so who had scored a 95 or better, so they didn't go "really far" down the list. I was 22 when I took it, and 30 when it expired. I don't consider 30 "really old." My track times at my heaviest were still in the 11:30's. I would have taken that pay cut because it didn't matter to me. The juice was absolutely worth the squeeze.

That's great that "you" were able to keep up with your fitness over all those years however the vast majority of people that take these tests aren't 22 and the older you get your financial situation changes where they can't risk leaving a job making say 75 grand and pay their bills with the academy pay of several hundred a week.

I remember that. Us 95's showed up for interviews and pictures, and then we were told to beat it because a stack of 96's were found in some retired LT's desk or something.

Ranked like... 3700 or something, got a 96.62, however if by the extreme unlikelihood they did get down to me, I've moved on from the "hope and pray" games and found a career that's not worth leaving.
Outstanding, Pvt. Cowboy!!! A lot of people give up and don't land on their feet. Good for you, brother. If you have a chance and gained all the experience, think about making the jump when it presents itself.

Hahaha....I hope you get in, so that an "old/out of shape" candidate shows you how it gets done...if you even make it past the first week. Do your homework, hard-charger.

81 - 100 of 252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.