Active Shooter on the loose in Upstate NY

Discussion in 'National' started by Voodoo50, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Voodoo50

Voodoo50 MassCops Member

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 92K+Poster

Police converge on Herkimer, New York jewelry store after deadly shooting spree

Published March 13, 2013
    FoxNews.com
    Police SWAT teams converged on a jewelry store in one of two upstate New York villages where four people were killed and at least two others wounded in separate shootings.
    Authorities have identified the suspect as Kurt Meyers, 64, of Mohawk. He is considered armed and dangerous and still on the loose in Herkimer, police say.
    Officials say guns and ammunition were found inside his apartment after emergency crews were sent to a fire there Wednesday morning.
    The Utica Observer-Dispatch reports that police are focusing on Freddy's Jewelers on Main Street in Herkimer, where two people were fatally shot at a car wash and oil change business.
    The newspaper reports that officials in the neighboring village of Mohawk, where two other people were killed in a barbershop, seem to think Meyers is still on foot somewhere.
    Other reports suggest he may have been picked up by a taxi.
    The two villages are about 65 miles east of Syracuse, on opposite sides of the Mohawk River in a region known as the Mohawk Valley.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/13/4-dead-2-injured-in-upstate-new-york-shooting-spree-manhunt-underway/?test=latestnews#ixzz2NRaZChFa

3. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

A few pics from the scene. Holy mother fuck. This is the reason the rest of you aren't allowed to have nice toys.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Killjoy likes this.
  4. Goose

Goose The list is long, but distinguished. Staff Member

Does that clown have his Eotech on backwards??? :confused:

5. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I'm no Eotech expert, but I think you're right!! They might be the XPS2 model, and it definitely appears backwards.

6. Hush

Yup, its backwards which is probably why he had his BUIS flipped up. Bet its not even zeroed. Numbnuts like this and the chick who had her mag in backwards are the reason there aren't more patrol rifles out. Imagine if this dickwad actually had to shoot it! How does he qualify with that, and how did nobody else point it out?!?

frank and corsair like this.
  7. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I do notice he has Magpul mags tho;). How the fuck do you insert a mag backwards? Its been awhile since I got to finger a rifle, but I thought there was guide milled into the receiver that prevented the mag from going in any way but the correct way.

ssk012 likes this.
  8. Hush

Great moments in police gun-handling

[​IMG]
    Seen at PDB’s who notes: at least she’s observing Rule 3.
    And my personal favorite, Mr. Big Arms with his Aimpoint weapon sight mounted backwards:
    [​IMG]

frank, ssk012 and Killjoy like this.
  9. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Just goes to show, toys are all well and good, but the key to real effectiveness is training. Just make sure to mention that to chiefs who call a couple mags out at the sand pit with the AR "patrol rifle certification".

10. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 92K+Poster

Suspect in Herkimer, New York shooting spree shot dead by police after standoff

Published March 14, 2013
    FoxNews.com
    • [​IMG]
      HERKIMER, N.Y. – Authorities in upstate New York say the suspected gunman in a rampage at a car wash and a barbershop that left four people dead and two wounded has been killed by police Thursday morning in a shootout.
    Kurt Myers, 64, was killed by police who had surrounded a block of small businesses in the village of Herkimer since Wednesday afternoon.
    Elite police teams went into the building around 8 a.m. local time, trooper Jack Keller said. The shootout occurred in the basement.
    Keller said police sent in the dog first and Myers shot and killed it.

"He was waiting for us," Keller said. "He kills the dog. They hear shots fired. Our teams returned fire and the suspect gets shot."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/14/4-dead-2-injured-in-upstate-new-york-shooting-spree-manhunt-underway/?test=latestnews#ixzz2NWl3HbTS

11. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

AR type weapons are so EVIL....even cops aren't comfortable with them:eek:

frank, 263FPD and Killjoy like this.
  12. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Its good they put this guy down, but a shame about the K-9. Note; he probably was not shot by the guys with backwards Eotechs.

BTW, how is this possible after the extensive anti-gun laws New York just passed?

Also, the news reports said he used a shotgun....I guess he listened to Biden...

frank, Johnny Law, mpd61 and 2 others like this.
  13. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

1. He was obviously a despondent "Gun Nut", secret-militia, NRA member, republican, upset with having had to sell his AR-15's.
    2. Next on the list will be the awful "shotguns". Because the libtards will say "who needs a weapon that can kill so many people just waiting innocently for a haircut, or an oil change"
    :eek:

14. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

RIP to the K9... terrible loss.

pahapoika, Marks72 and RZero like this.
  15. RZero

RZero That tickles

The only loss from that house.

16. GMass

GMass Guest

Dog was. on the job only 3 weeks. Sad.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

17. Voodoo50

Voodoo50 MassCops Member

That SUCKS about the Dog.

frank and pahapoika like this.
  18. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

which one ?

top or bottom picture ?

sorry they both look the same

+3 about the K9

19. Goose

Goose The list is long, but distinguished. Staff Member

Both pictures...its the same guy. The battery compartment on the Eotech is in the front of the sight - not the back.

Sent from my POS using Tapatalk 2

20. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Poor K9 :(

21. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

OK, looks like some kind of recess or hood on the sight as well. good to know which end to look through :D