Boston school police

Discussion in 'Academy Information' started by zm88, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

While talking to a guy from BPD tonight Boston school police came up. Is it true they attend Boston academy? I knowvyou need the rule 400 and you get the a upon hiring but this is the first I heard of this.I've read all the threads about BSP and couldn't find anything to support this.

2. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

They go to the Boston SPO academy that William Cloran puts on. Same for Boston Municipal Protective Services.

3. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Im aware of that, but after is there a second academy? I've been interested in this job for some time.

4. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Negative. Those guys do a tough job for shitty pay. Boston residency is a requirement and your unarmed.

5. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

I wonder if this dude was just screwing with me then. Im aware its a tough job yet I'm dead set on it, I worked with youth in a social setting for the past 6 years til recently, so I can in a way relate to some of what they do. Thanks for the quick and informative replies.

I'm gonna close this thread, if anyone else has anymore input please PM me, thanks.

6. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

In the early 80's they sent people to the BPD Academy. There may be some guys just about to retire who went to the BPD Academy.

7. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Gotcha, I'm definitely gonna get that rule 400 and go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.