BPD's Honorary Top Cop, Six-Year-Old Devin Suau, Leads South Boston's Saint Patrick's Day Parade

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:04 PM.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

Boston Police Department (Official)
    added
    5 new photos.

36 mins·
    #ICYMI: BPD's Honorary Top Cop, Six-Year-Old Devin Suau, Leads South Boston's Saint Patrick's Day Parade

Yesterday, Sunday, March 19, 2017, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, Police Commissioner William Evans, and the Boston Police Department named 6-year-old Devin Suau of Framingham as Boston's honorary Top Cop before little Devin led the Saint Patrick's Day Parade waving from the top of a BPD SWAT truck. Devin was recently diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor, a rare type of can...

See More
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    +2

pahapoika likes this.
  2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

On the one hand, I'm tickled pink at the attention this kid is getting. It's awesome and proves once more that cops will go out of their way for a kid (screw it-ANYONE) in real need. He deserves it, hands down.

But it also breaks my heart that there are plenty of parents out there with kids in similar situations and those kids aren't getting any attention.

The whole situation is truly sad in so many ways. God Bless this kid and I'm glad he's having a good time with this and I hope he can look back on it MANY YEARS from now and smile to know so many people cared.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 7:02 PM
    Goose and FTH like this.