Burned body removed from scene in Hyannis, identified as a Barnstable High student

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Dec 17, 2008.

1. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Re: Burned body removed from scene in Hyannis, identified as a Barnstable High studen

C'mon, give the kid a break...this young athlete, the shutout goalie for the local dart team, just made a mistake...a wrong turn on the higway of life and here we are: laughing at the dead and walking dead...and rightly so. :cool:

How long do you think this whelp will last in prison?

Oh well, grist for the mill and food on our tables...
  2. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

Re: Burned body removed from scene in Hyannis, identified as a Barnstable High studen

I think matches should be banned and the company that made the gun which I am sure this gun is an approved gun! Should be sued out of business!
  3. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

As 94c said, there are very few truly innocent victims of crimes like this.
  4. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 91K+Poster

I don't know how true it is,but at the coffee shop this morning
    one of the LEO's said the 13 year old brother has a rap sheet as long
    as my arm.
  5. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

But he was turning his life around...
  6. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

Since you choose to bring up something I probably said over a year ago, Let's add Housing Cops to the list.:D
  7. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
  8. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

Good Google Search....

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/38229.html

Let me know when you can come up with your own original ideas.
  9. HousingCop

The quote is correctly attributed to Oscar Wilde. Truer words have never been spoken, especially when it comes to MC.com. Remember 94see, when you point a finger at someone, 3 more point back at you.

Don't you hate it when your old words come back to haunt you? I give you credit, you stood behind them, right or WRONG they may be.
  10. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

It wouldn't suprise me, since he's up to murder at 13.

Not that it matters a whole lot, but which half are these two boys brothers from? Anyone know?
  11. kwflatbed

Same last name so I would say it's the father

Last Cape News post gives the names
  12. mtc

Poisoned apples that fell not far from the tree.
  13. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

No I don't hate it so don't put words in my mouth. You're not that important.

Care to clarify this? You agree that if you live by sword you die by the sword and then go on to criticize me for pointing a finger at someone.

Help me out here...
  14. dark horse

dark horse MassCops Member

This same "Good Kid drug dealer"allegedly tried to pay someone to have a Barnstable Officer killed, because the officers k-9 hit on some money and it was taken as evidence. Your right live by the sword die by the gun,knife and bic lighter.
  15. mtc

I must have missed this... :confused:
  16. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

I have often pondered what is up with that dew on O'Keefe. Its like a cross between Gen. Urko from the Planet Of the Apes and a chea pet experiment gone wrong!
  17. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

ah, the infamous barrister Robert Jubinville. Uses the same defense no matter what case he is trying: Cops f**cked up the invest and/or the "victim" asked for it. Has worked really well for him in the past. Scumbag
  18. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

So I point a finger at a 16 year old drug dealer who gets killed for having $10,000 in his pocket, where his 13 year old brother is involved, and this is what you defend?

If you really are a housing cop in Boston then you must be one of those guys that get easily paid off to look the other way since that is what you would cowardly do to begin with.

Just like, God rest his soul, Moe the park cop that used to buy us booze for a couple of bucks (when we weren't old enough to drink...)
  19. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Come on boys, its the Christmas season... Lets bury the hatchet, at least for this week....
  20. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Bury it or shoot then stab it, throw it in a hole then burn it!!!!! :whistle:
  21. HousingCop

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? I only chose to let you know that when you point fingers at others on this board, 3 more point back at you. You've stated that you added me to the list of Deputy Sheriffs that you'd drive by while having a problem or fight with a prisoner. Well, I find myself in good company since I would not want, need, or accept the help of an ignorant window licking @$$hole such as yourself.

To state in an open forum that I would trade my badge for money is an insult, but coming from you I see it as one of your many assinine statements you've made over the past few years. Just add one to the growing list of buffoonery you chose to spew.

Moe the Park Cop had more scruples than you'll ever have.

Koz, I can't let this one slide. His drivel has reached new heights. Now 94see, go back & re-read the thread, take a Geritol & take your nap. Bingo is in the Rec Room at 7PM.
  22. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

HC....when Koz said the above he didnt mean this...

[​IMG]
  23. kwflatbed

Cape Cod boy, 13, accused of killing rival brother

[​IMG]
    STEPHAN SAVOIA/THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Paula Carberry holds a scrapbook remembrance to her son Jordan Mendes, 16, recently. Mendes' smoldering body was found by Carberry on Dec. 16 after he had been shot, stabbed and set on fire.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BARNSTABLE — Like most boys, 13-year-old Mykel Mendes looked up to his big brother, Jordan. The two rode bikes together, did yard work together and hung out together. But when it came to the family business — a major drug ring — Mykel did not want to share, police say.
    Mykel, a seventh grader, is now accused of masterminding the slaying of his 16-year-old half-brother so he could take over the drug operation — one police say they inherited from their father, who is in prison for running one of the biggest cocaine rings on Cape Cod.
    Jordan was found shot, stabbed 27 times and dumped into a pit, where his body was torched. Another 13-year-old friend and a 20-year-old cousin also are charged with murder.
    The killing has shaken the normal quiet of winter on Cape Cod, the summer tourist destination known for its beautiful beaches, salt water taffy and famous residents. Jordan Mendes lived just a few miles from the Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port.
    "It's very disturbing," said Debra Dagwan, a Hyannis resident and member of the local school board. "It indicates what drugs can do to people, whether they are involved with drugs or selling them. It's a dangerous life, no matter how you look at it."
    Mykel's lawyer, John Cunha, dismissed claims by authorities that Mykel planned his brother's death to take over his drug business.
    "He loved his brother," Cunha said. "He's not the 13-year-old Al Capone."
    The boys' father, Manuel Mendes, 33, ran a drug ring that brought large quantities of cocaine to the Cape from New York and Boston. Jordan was 8 and Mykel just 5 when he was arrested and sent to prison to serve eight to 10 years. Two years later, in 2002, authorities caught him running the drug business from behind bars. That time, he was sentenced to 35 years on federal drug trafficking charges.
    Authorities say Jordan took over where his father left off, selling OxyContin and cocaine. District Attorney Michael O'Keefe said Jordan was a "significant drug dealer."
    Mykel, according to authorities, was jealous of the money Jordan was making and wanted to take over.
    Over two days in December, police say Mykel, his 20-year-old cousin, Robert Vacher, and 13-year-old Kevin Ribeiro stole $10,000 in cash from Jordan, killed him, poured gasoline on his body and set him on fire.
    The three walked into a car dealership, pulled the $10,000 out of their pockets and bought a used silver BMW, O'Keefe said.
    Lawyers for all three youths deny they took part in the slaying.
    "To actually kill somebody to obtain money to buy a used car, which they have no license for and won't be able to get a license for almost four years — that's not the way 13-year-olds think," said William Gens, Ribeiro's lawyer.
    Mykel, who has a different mother, did not grow up in the same house as Jordan. But after Mykel moved to the Cape with his mother, the boys became inseparable, according to family members and friends.
    "Jordan was very close to Mykel. He took care of him, looked out for him. He loved him," said Jordan's mother, Paula Carberry.
    Barnstable police Det. Lt. Sean Balcom remembers Jordan showing a tough exterior when a dozen police officers stormed his grandmother's house to arrest his father in 2000.
    "I can remember him staring down some of the SWAT team members, saying we'd better not mess up his room," Balcom said. "He was standing right up to us."
    After his father was sent to prison, Jordan — named after basketball star Michael Jordan — became "the little man in the house," Carberry said.
    Two years later, his father's brother, Danuel Mendes — also an alleged drug dealer — was killed. Carberry said losing his father and uncle was tough on Jordan.
    "He was hurt," she said. "I think he would get angry because there wasn't anything he could do."
    Carberry denies Jordan was involved in drugs and says he had recently begun to turn his life around after some minor scrapes with the law, including arrests for marijuana possession and trespassing. His mother said his grades in school had recently improved and he had talked with an ex-girlfriend about moving to Florida after finishing high school to open a clothing store.
    When Jordan did not come home from school Dec. 15, Carberry and other family members went out to look for him. The next day, they found his body — still burning — in an 8-by-10-foot pit in woods less than a mile from Carberry's home.
    Ribeiro's chilling account of the slaying is outlined in a one-page police report.
    As Jordan walked down the basement stairs of Mykel's house, Vacher shot him, then stabbed him repeatedly in the neck, Ribeiro told police.
    Ribeiro said he and Vacher then rolled Mendes' body in a rug and took it to the pit. The next day, he said, they brought a container of gasoline and set Mendes' body on fire, according to the police report.
    The two boys are now in the custody of the state Department of Youth Services. Because of their age, they cannot be tried as adults for murder. If convicted, the teens would remain in state custody until they reach 18. Vacher was being held without bail on charges of robbery and first-degree murder.
    Carberry said she always thought Mykel was jealous of Jordan, but cannot understand how he could do what he is accused of doing.
    "What ever happened to my brother's keeper?" she said.
    "You were supposed to be my brother's keeper, and he was yours."

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090303/NEWS/903030314
  24. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

Vacher convicted of Mendes killing

BARNSTABLE - Barnstable Superior Court jury this afternoon convicted Robert Vacher of first-degree murder in the 2008 killing of Jordan Mendes - and he was sentenced to life in prison.
    The jury concluded that Vacher, 22, killed the 16-year-old Barnstable High School student. Mendes' body was discovered shot, stabbed 27 times and burning in a pit off Jennifer Lane in Hyannis in December 2008.
    Following the verdicts, Vacher was later sentenced to life without parole.

Video: Vacher convicted of Mendes killing | CapeCodOnline.com

[video=youtube;4tPHxjzpNGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tPHxjzpNGQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]
  25. mtc

Rot in hell punk.