Chinese Terrorists (Uighurs)

Discussion in 'War on Terror' started by SgtAndySipowicz, May 7, 2009.

1. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

Chinese Terrorists Release in U.S. Imminent, No Answers From Holder

by Rep. Frank Wolf
    05/05/2009

Should foreigners picked up conducting terrorist training with Al Qaeda and subsequently held at Guantanamo Bay just be released into our communities, no questions asked? Believe it or not, it could happen. And soon.

The Obama administration is ready to release a number of Chinese Muslims, known as Uighurs, held at Guantanamo Bay since 2002 into the United States, according to several recent press reports.

Information I have received, however, indicates that the 17 Uighurs being held at Guantanamo may be more dangerous than the public has been led to believe. Both the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security have reportedly raised serious concerns about the release of the 17 detainees, who are said to be members of the Eastern Turkistan Islamic Movement, a terrorist organization affiliated with Al Qaeda.

To be clear, we are not talking about transferring these folks to prisons in the United States. They would released, free and clear. They would be walking our streets, shopping in our malls, eating in our restaurants.

Last Friday, I wrote President Obama asking that all the information about the capture and detention of the 17 Uighurs -- including a threat assessment for each detainee who would be released into the United States -- be declassified and released to the public. Any intelligence assessment of the Uighurs also must take into account not only their previous training at terrorist camps but their potential subsequent exposure to the likes of Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the mastermind of 9/11 who also took pleasure in beheading Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.

The American people have a right to know all the facts. Following the precedent the Obama administration set in declassifying the Office of Legal Counsel interrogation memos, it has a moral obligation to declassify all relevant information related to the Uyghur detainees. This administration has already shown that it has no qualms about releasing selected classified documents. It can’t just pick and choose what classified information it deems worthy of releasing.

It is worth noting that after learning that the decision could come any day now, I requested briefings from a number of relevant agencies -- but all have told me that the Department of Justice is preventing them from speaking to me directly on this issue. Is the Attorney General preventing agencies from answering Members’ questions?

This is not the transparency and accountability the president promised, nor is it the open and constructive relationship he claims to want with Congress. This is not change. This is an administration intent on keeping Congress and the American people in the dark about critically-important national security issues.

I have written Attorney General Holder two letters asking a series of questions about the transfer of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. The first was dated March 13; and the second was dated April 23. I have yet to receive a response to either. My office has been told by the White House that some of the questions that I have asked can’t even be answered.

When Attorney General Holder appeared before the Commerce-Justice-Science Appropriations subcommittee last month, he pointedly said he would not play “hide and seek” with information. What is he hiding? The Attorney General, in my opinion, is ‘slow rolling’ information as terrorist detainees are released into the United States.

On Sunday, “60 Minutes” had a disturbing segment which touched on the radicalization of Guantanamo Bay detainees. The story indicated that in Saudi Arabia alone, of the 117 men returned from Guantanamo, 11 have shown up again on Saudi Arabia’s most wanted terrorist list.

I fear political expediency may be clouding judgment. That is inexcusable in a post-9/11 world. The American people have a right to know everything there is to know about these people who could potentially be released into our neighborhoods. The stakes are simply too high for the administration to reasonably think that the American people should simply take their word for it that these men pose no security threat.

Mr. Wolf, a Republican, represents the 10th District of Virginia in the U. S. House of Representatives.
  2. SgtAndySipowicz

Re: Uighurs

www.foxnews.com

America is twice as bad as the Nazis -- that was the harsh accusation by the Chinese Muslims, also known as the Uyghurs, held at Guantanamo Bay.
    The 17 men were picked up in the training camps in Afghanistan where they were preparing for Jihad against China. They were cleared for release, in part, because their supporters claim the United States is not their direct enemy.
    Late Monday afternoon, during a tour for a small group of journalists -- FOX News was the only American television network there -- the Uyghurs set into motion a plan to communicate to the outside world. And the message to the U.S., where the Obama administration hopes to bring some of the Uyghurs, was not only harsh but accusatory.
    At their home, a separate camp from the others called "Camp Iguana," a small group approached the metal fence with an art pad. The men slowly turned the pages so that we could film each one.
    Their statements were in English. They accuse the U.S. of the same oppression they experienced at the hands of the Chinese. The U.S. is even compared to the Nazis -- "America is Double Hetler (Hitler) in unjustice," one read. Another read "now we are being oppressed in America for the second time."
    The other statements from their art pad, paid for by the U.S. government, are below:
    "we need to freedom"
    "where is the justice"
    "we need to freedom. Do not oppress us"
    "what is the difference between Democracy and Communist"
    "America with Chinese Government are oppressing us"
    "America is Double Hetler (sic Hitler) in unjustice (sic injustice)"
    "What is the difference of the Democracy and Communist"
    "America destroys human rights by oppressing innocent people in the jail"
    "we need to freedom"
    "we are being held in prison though we had been announced innocent according to the verdict (verdict) of the Court"
    Then, unsolicited, the two Uyghurs began speaking English. One asked, "Obama is a communist or a democrat? We have same operation in China."
    There appears little doubt the Uyghurs statements will complicate the administration's efforts to find them a home.
    LGriffin likes this.
  3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky Will Work for Beer

Well. for the grammatical errors alone they should all be shot.

Anyone recall the movie "Murder By Death"? If you do, you'll probably understand the reason I asked in connection with this story.
    Mr Scribbles likes this.
  4. SgtAndySipowicz

Re: Uighurs in Bermuda

www.foxnews.com

Four of the Chinese Muslims, or Uighurs, released to Bermuda from the Guantanamo Bay prison appear to be getting used to life in paradise.
    FOX News spotted the newly freed detainees at a guest cottage complex on the island without security or electronic monitoring, but their attorney said they will have to periodically check in with local police.
    The release of the Uighurs comes amid increasing political tensions in Washington over what to do with the more than 200 detainees being held at the Guantanamo facility following President Obama's pledge to close the facility within a year of taking office.
    But the Uighurs may be among the least threatening of the detainees whose fate must be decided, given that the Justice Department under the Bush administration already had decided that they should no longer be classified as "enemy combatants."
    A September 2008 federal court motion filed by the Justice Department confirmed their change of status and declared that all 17 Uighurs being held at Gunatanamo should be resettled in a foreign country.
    The Uighurs will be eligible for Bermudian passports in the future, but the U.S. has a mechanism in place to block their entry into the U.S. unless the federal government chooses to let them in.
    Their attorney says the Uighurs are determined to stay in Bermuda as part of a guest worker program. There is a provision in that program that in limited circumstances allows guest workers to get Bermudian citizenship.
    However, the transfer of the Uighurs has been criticized not only by U.S. Republican lawmakers but by the governments of the United Kingdom, which controls the territory of Bermuda, and China, which wants the Uighurs returned.
    On Friday, some members of the Bermudan government who said they'd not been informed of the transfer questioned the wisdom of moving the inmates to the island located 640 miles off the coast of North Carolina, saying it could hurt tourism, which is Bermuda's chief industry.
    But the Bermudan government defended its decision to take the Uighurs, whom the U.S. feared would face torture if sent back to China.
  5. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

what a joke
  6. Wolfman

Wolfman "Ultima Ratio Civis" Staff Member

Better not give the Mexicans any ideas...
  7. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

I don't understand why they weren't all just sent to their own homeland? If they are truly innocent they can apply for political asylum and come here the right way.
  8. Hawk19

Hawk19 MassCops Member

I wonder if this is some form of brinkmanship with China? From what I understand, the Chinese secret police usually "disappear" Muslim Chinese like the Uighurs, so maybe this is like a slap in their face...
  9. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

With some of the things happening in Bermuda these days I really believe it is no longer the paradise I once knew.
  10. LGriffin

LGriffin Mother Führer

[​IMG]

Yes, yes, death to Americans! Oh, and no salt on the glass for the next margarita! "There was salt on the glass, big grains of salt and I said no salt on the glass. I could write your board of tourism, put strychnine in the guacamole, or take my travelers checks to a competing resort!"

I may say "death to Americans" if it will get me a nice jihad in Hawaii. Seriously though, check out the ear to ear grins on these dirty bastards:
    http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m/22489776/the-terrorist-triangle.htm#q=detainees in paradise
  11. edward.lee8

edward.lee8 MassCops Member

Well, at least theres no way the chinese secret police can find them now.

How would you like to be on the extradition team? A few weeks in Bermuda, collect a few fugitives, then off to Palau, dont forget your bathing suit.
  12. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

There is a developing story here that The Inspector has uncovered. The Reverend Al Sharpton, who's known to rush into any street demonstration, especially those which tie up New York traffic, rushed to Bermuda over the past few days to defend the decision on one of his buddies, Bermuda Premier Ewart Brown.
    It seems Brown allowed the Chinese terrorists to come into Bermuda and law enforcement and political leaders were caught by surprise.
    Since then political firestorms have developed and people have taken to the streets in massive demonstrations showing their displeasure with Mr. Brown's decision.
    With Brown's popularity in a tailspin Sharpton, who has established ties with some black leaders in Bermuda, rushed into the island that's a two hour plane ride from New York attempting to help the poor Chinese victims of the United States and his friend, the Premier. For more details I'd suggest you keep an eye on articles in THE ROYAL GAZETTE.
  13. SgtAndySipowicz

Re: Al Sharpton

Are New Yorkers proud of this idiot? Leave it to Al Sharpton to go and support Islamic Radicals. Why does the black community support this guy? The only thing Al Shaprton does is incite division between the races.......
  14. Hawk19

Hawk19 MassCops Member

That's a really good question...
  15. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

16. SgtAndySipowicz

URUMQI, China — Police shot dead two Uighur men and wounded a third Monday on the streets of Urumqi, where tens of thousands of troops are stationed to restore calm a week after deadly ethnic riots raged in the western Chinese city.
    Police said the three men attacked them when they tried to pull them off a fourth Uighur, whom they had attacked with knives and rods. A government official in Urumqi who described the attack would give only his surname, Fan.
    Beijing has poured troops into Xinjiang over the past few days, imposing tight control on Urumqi and surrounding areas to impose order after ethnic violence that left more than 180 people dead and 1,680 wounded last week. Though many members of the Uighur minority have accused security forces of using heavy-handed tactics in the wake of the riots, Monday's shooting was the first time officials have said police opened fire.
    "The police fired into the air as a warning, but that did not stop the attack. The police then shot them according to law," Fan said. He said the wounded man was taken to a hospital. His condition was not known.
    Photos taken at the time show one policeman raising his rifle to strike a man. The man lay on the ground with blood on his right leg. Police formed a ring around him, pointing their guns up at surrounding buildings.

The shootings played out in front of frightened residents near one of the city's main Uighur neighborhoods.
    One witness, Zhang Ming, a construction worker at a nearby building site, said he saw three men with knives come out of a mosque and attack a group of paramilitary police standing in a cluster along the road. Riot police then chased them, beat them and fired shots, he said. It was not immediately clear why Zhang's account differed from the police description. There were no Uighurs in the area who were willing to talk to reporters about the shooting.
    A few hours later a large splotch of blood smudged the street. Squads of helmeted riot police took up positions on the road, which was closed to traffic.
    In a sign of the sensitivities surrounding the unrest, the Bureau for Legal Affairs of Beijing has warned lawyers away from cases involving the Xinjiang violence, saying it is important to protect the country's unity.
    While it did not expressly ban lawyers from taking on cases, the notice urged caution while answering inquiries about legal advice and representation.
    Earlier Monday, security vehicles previously deployed on People's Square were no longer there but helmeted riot police remained in the area. Small groups of paramilitary police with riot shields stood guard on street corners and helicopters flew over the city.
    The violence began when Uighurs (pronounced WEE-gers) who were protesting the deaths of Uighur factory workers in a brawl in southern China clashed with police in Urumqi (pronounced uh-ROOM-chi). Crowds scattered throughout the city, attacking ethnic Han Chinese and burning cars.
    Government officials have yet to make public key details about what happened next, including how much force police used to restore order. In the following days, vigilante mobs of majority Han Chinese ran through the city with bricks, clubs and cleavers seeking revenge.
    The government has said 137 Han Chinese and 46 Uighurs died, with one minority Hui Muslim also killed. Uighurs say they believe many more from their ethnic group died in the government crackdown. The death toll in China's worst ethnic violence in decades could rise as 74 of the more than 900 people still in hospitals have life-threatening wounds, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
    Xinhua said police manned checkpoints and searched buses for any suspects involved in the violence, and people were ordered to carry identification for police checks when traveling in Urumqi.
    It quoted the Urumqi Public Security Bureau as saying anyone without proper identification would be taken away to be interrogated.
    The Uighurs, who number 9 million in Xinjiang, have complained about an influx of Han Chinese and government restrictions on their Muslim religion. They accuse the Han of discrimination and the Communist Party of trying to erase their language and culture. Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
  17. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky Will Work for Beer

I hate to say this, but to see two groups that we don't like and don't like us going at each others throats is kind of fun!

And I LOVE this statement from a Government source. Kind of the antithesis to the way our system works:

"The police fired into the air as a warning, but that did not stop the attack. The police then shot them according to law," Fan said.
    LGriffin likes this.
  18. Hawk19

Hawk19 MassCops Member

I like the part where they execute drug dealers, drug manufacturers, and drug users.
  19. SgtAndySipowicz

10 of these Muslim Uighurs just killed at least 33 in China. Slashed people with knives....
  20. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

coming to a train station near you :(

and fearless leader let them go ?
  21. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

..."There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    frank, pahapoika and LGriffin like this.
  22. LGriffin

LGriffin Mother Führer

Well, they said that we weren't "their direct enemy" and that we're only "twice as bad as the Nazi's...a double Hitler."
    I think that they might have been held at thrice but apparently twice just gets a hurt feelings report and an all expense paid vacation to Bermuda.
  23. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

maybe in Texas :cool:
  24. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Not in Massachusetts. There will be a grass counseling team behind every blade of grass.
  25. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

lol "there was chlorophyll everywhere... the horror...the horror!" now pass the Xanax.