Civil Service Marks and Testing (Old thread)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by fscpd910, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fscpd910

fscpd910 MassCops Member

What's 7, 8, 9?????????????????

2. johncop

johncop MassCops Member

civil service scores MA

Hey guys i was checking my score and i'm confused how the scores go. I know the test was different this year and there were suppose to put people in bands. Can somebody tell me how the bands (scores go)

Thanks.

3. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

Re: civil service scores MA

Wow, I was just about to say something like "The scores aren't even out yet". But then I checked and they are. Apparently I got a ???? No idea what that means. Hopefully 9 is the highest civilian score while 10+ are the vets etc.? Any ideas?

4. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

Re: Marks Sent

Hopefully not your score.:cool:

5. AdamJ1984

AdamJ1984 MassCops Member

Re: civil service scores MA

Doubt on the 10+ being vets etc. as one of my friends just checked, normal citizen with no added points, and he got a 10. Let the posts come.

6. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

I got a 9.

I am hoping that there are score bands from 1-10, with 10 being vets, dvets etc. and 9 being the first band of civilians???

7. AdamJ1984

LOL, let the pouring in of posts come.

8. COto50

COto50 MassCops Member

Re: CS Marks Posted

soxrock, sorry to burst your bubble but I am a regular civilian and I got a 10

9. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

No worries at all, it is what it is. If we could just figure out how the scores work, I think that would go a long way.....

10. NBPD

NBPD MassCops Member

df? what is a 9?

11. wolf9848

wolf9848 MassCops Member

Veteran here, got a 10. I was like "WTF!!!!!!?????" when I saw it. Relaxed alittle when I saw you guys post similar results.

12. Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk Subscribing Member

From what I hear from those that took the Fire exam the explanation of the bands comes in the mail with your score.

13. NFDNOTPD

NFDNOTPD New Member

guys,its pretty much the same as the firefighter test scoring system.for example,if you scored98-100 you would be in band 10, 95-98 you would be in band 9 and so on..not sure the exact numbers but hopefully that helped

14. AdamJ1984

Yeah I got a 10 as well, non-vet, good to know, I am sure the actual mailed score will include guidelines for the banding and whatnot.

15. Rocco39

Rocco39 MassCops Member

I got an 8 which per the CS email means a score from 90 to 93 which kind of bums me out a bit, thought I did better.

16. union1

union1 Subscribing Member

Mine doesnt seem to be updated, am I the only one?

17. Foxracingmtnridr

Foxracingmtnridr Subscribing Member

I got A 9 and I was like WTF how F'ing stupid am I. and then I looked here and had a lil' relief. Watch us all get f'd in the A$$ and all have crap scores :p

Scott

18. AdamJ1984

Quoted from the Email:
    "Your final score is a banded score. The scoring system for this exam consists of 10 score bands; they are listed in descending order on your exam score notification. For instance, if your notification indicates that you are at a score band of 8, it means you scored in the range of 90-93."

19. Nightstalker

Nightstalker MassCops Member

I got .3457. Should I find a new job?

20. union1

union1 Subscribing Member

n/m i got it... so would band 9 be 94-97? or 89-93???

21. auxiliary22

auxiliary22 MassCops Member

Anyone know if people with a score of an 8 (90-93) have any chance of getting considered? Are there alot of 9 and 10s or is the 8 about average or below?

22. Rocco39

Rocco39 MassCops Member

I'd say you always have a shot, it depends on the city/town, numbers hired from the list, etc.

I too am an 8 but I'm also a Vet so that will put me in the first group considered, so as I understand it I'd be competing with a smaller pool than you would if you're a non vet.

23. batedog

batedog MassCops Member

Depends on how many people above you are in 9 or 10. there could be a small group or a shit load.

24. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

I think that the 9's were 96-100 for the last firefighter test. Which begs the question: What are the 10's? Superscores?

25. Rocco39

Rocco39 MassCops Member

That would make sense, probably a 10 is a 100 (or close to it) plus extra points for employment experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.