Civil Service Marks and Testing (Old thread)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by fscpd910, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seethe

Seethe MassCops Member

Re: 2011 Cities and Towns,Transit Police Officer Examination

Agreed. I dressed business casual, and was surprised to see how many people showed up in jeans and t-shirts. While I appreciate people's need to stay comfortable, and that a lot of them feel like this exam is a joke, I suppose one still has to answer to themselves at the end of the day. It's unfortunate that HRD doesn't take photos of each applicant at the site ;)

That being said, I wish everyone the best of luck, regardless of your choice of attire.

2. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

People need to worry about them selves only. Never mind what the other guy/girl looks like. They might look like slobs but test way better then others. I will agree with the self respect issue. I am a firm believer in that. This being said, who gives a shit how everyone looked. At the end of the day, it will be your scores that count. As I have said before, that little weirdo in front of you in line with all his peircings and scrubby clothes, will probably make Chief someplace.

What you all should be hoping for, is jobs. Even a 100 on that test means nothing without Cities and Towns hiring. This isn't 1990's when Police Departments were hiring like mad. It's 2011, and in this state, we have become unimportant to the Governor and his cronies.

Good luck to all of you because you are all going to need it.

3. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I wore jeans and a t-shirt to the exam from which I was hired, and.........I was hired. There were no representatives from the PD there, other than the detail officer who couldn't have possibly cared any less what I was wearing.

Once I got my card and was called in to get my fingerprints done, etc., then I wore a suit and tie, but it doesn't matter a lick what you wear to the test. I took the test in the summer at the old Quincy High School, which had no air-conditioning, so I would have been dying if I wore a suit.

4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I took the test nude one year and with a multi colored wig. I Also screamed obscenities throughout the exam. I'm still at my campus job. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

5. 263FPD

You probably claimed having Tourettes and got hired because they feared a law suit.:redcarded:

6. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I'm more talking about the people that show up looking like extras from a DJ whacky Cream Puff video...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. kemosabe

kemosabe MassCops Member

I wore my "legalize now" shirt with a big marijuana leaf on the back. Hopefully nobody noticed...

8. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I get more of a kick out of the dudes who show up in suit, tie, shined shoes. One test I went to there was a kid in a Securitas suit.

9. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

Exactly. I don't dress like a slob to begin with but I definitely wasn't getting dressed up.

10. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

Definitely. I was tied for number 1 with one other person on my town's list for the last 2 years...

11. 263FPD

Being patient isn't easy. Took me a while, but here I am.

12. officerbob

officerbob MassCops Member

Unless it is a small test it does not really matter what your wearing as long as its respectable. What cracks me up are the people that can't follow simple directions that the proctor is giving. Never knew a plastic zip-lock bag could be so confusing for some people.

13. po-904

po-904 MassCops Member

Following simple directions?
    Sounds like the girl in my testing room that was complaining to the proctor that she "didn't know she had to bring a pencil" or any other sort of writing apparatus...

14. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

...because it only says it right on the notice, along with the no electronics line, and yet there were still half a dozen morons with their phones.

15. po-904

po-904 MassCops Member

And that is exactly why I am not so worried about who showed up to take the test or what they were wearing...

They (or their BOP's) will weed themselves out very early on in the process should they be even remotely so lucky enough as to ever get a card!

16. officerbob

officerbob MassCops Member

I am surprised no one argued with the proctor that they were on call 24/7 and at a moments notice they may be called out of the testing room to hop into their wholesale french and electric CVPI so they can whacker their way to a 3 car MVA with no PI.

17. Gizzard Burger

Gizzard Burger New Member

got in the eightys last time so this time i hope for better, i did some extra practice tests beforehand this time. if u go into it with a positive attitude wanting to change your life for the better anything can be possible. i know my goals: i want to become an officer and do K9 one day. noone can take my goals away and i can make them happen, whether or not cities and towns hire on this test i will just keep taking it, also keeping an eye on non-CS and campus stuff.

does anyone know if the T police ever hire off the non-vets? i see them at south station a lot, seems liek a great outfit to work for, good equipment and so on, i dont know if i should send one of my 4 scores to them this time

18. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Gizzard and Beantown when they finally get on the job...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86Rn4jETVk&NR=1"]YouTube - The Other Guys Jump, Aim for the Bushes[/nomedia]

19. wolf9848

wolf9848 MassCops Member

I would say getting hired for the Transit PD is tough, even for veterans. They seem to mostly recruit only disabled veterans, or non-vets who speak a foreign language.

20. rnv547

rnv547 New Member

Why the long delay to issue the test scores?

Why is there such a delay in issuing the scores??? The test was done on scantron sheets which takes no time in feeding through the machine.

21. Crvtte65

Crvtte65 Moderator

Re: Why the long delay to issue the test scores?

Depends on how many questions are contested, and, its the state.... come on

22. rnv547

rnv547 New Member

i dont think any questions should be contested it was a fair test a little different then the one i took in 2008...but still fair at least issue us the scores so we know how we did and then merge the lists whenever they can

23. sean37

sean37 MassCops Member

rnv547, did you remember to save the plastic bag from the test?

24. rnv547

rnv547 New Member

yes, i took the bag with me

25. canhockjmg

canhockjmg MassCops Member

You need to give the plastic bag back in order to receive your score in November.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.