Civil Service Marks and Testing (Old thread)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by fscpd910, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

99, but it's my 3rd test, highest I've received.

2. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

took a year last time

3. 9onThebreak

9onThebreak New Member

first time taking it and got a 93. im not sure how i feel about that. any thoughts?

4. EMTFORHIRE

EMTFORHIRE MassCops Member

Great job, good luck to you. I scored a 93, its my first time taking the test I hope that's not to low.
    Is anyone an EMT that gave their certifications at the exam? It still says I don't have any certifications and I was just wondering if anyone else has theirs posted on soaris yet?

5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Re: The Police Exam

The actual score for a veteran doesn't change, but veterans go ahead of non-vets. IOW, if you score a 100 as a non-veteran, the veteran with a 70 goes ahead of you.

6. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I hope you have residency.

7. tms1989

tms1989 MassCops Member

Would a non-resident vet be ranked higher on a town/cities list than a non-vet resident? Assuming both selected said town/city for the test

8. Serge3

Serge3 New Member

Got a 98...would putting down MBTA be a good idea?

9. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

If you are a vet, yes. Otherwise don't even bother.

10. NoSoupForYou

NoSoupForYou Adios, muchacho!

If the polce test is done the same as the fire test a non vet resident will be higher than a non resident vet in their hometown

11. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

Yes.

12. NoSoupForYou

So it's different for the police list? The fire list puts all residents above non residents regardless of vet status. Also I don't see my results on SOARIS, do I need to make a separate account for the police CS test from the account I made for the fire list? I'd think not...

13. tms1989

tms1989 MassCops Member

Guess it's time for me to call Civil Service on this one

14. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

WTF, went down a point! The questions themselves aren't exactly rocket science...Im guessing I took a hit in the BS "work experience/Psych" sections. Someone told me AFTER I took the test, to make sure to never fill out anything in the middle, stick to the extremes of "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" and to never mark anything "unsure". Not sure how accurate that advice is, but its gonna cost me another $100 and 7 months to find out. This state is a joke, too bad its at the expense of all of us.

15. NoSoupForYou

You and I both.

16. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

No need to call....you need to click on the "2. Scores & Public Safety Promotional & Non-Public Safety Applicant Exam Information" too see your score. They haven't established a new list yet.

17. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Pretty sure that's where I lost points the last time too... The first section is a JOKE, basic math and reading comprehension. Asking me if I've ever been late to work... Or had a verbal confrontation with a co-worker? Whaaaa...?? Pretty sure that's why cowboy is on the outside looking in.

That's alright... About 2 years before I'm financially able to self sponsor full time without putting myself in the poor house. Eff CS.

18. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

How it was done last time, the order was:

Disabled Vet Resident
    Vet Resident
    Resident
    Disabled Vet Out of Town
    Vet Out of Town
    Out of Town

I dont think it has changed.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

How big is your town? The first time i took the test I was tied for number 1 with 1 other person in my town and that was with a 95... and in the 2 years they didnt hire anyone haha.

19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Add in son/daughter of officer killed in the line of duty at the top and that's the correct order

20. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I was in the top 10 of my own town and in the top 25 in another...they both hired laterally.

21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Children of police officers AND firefighters who died in the line of duty get absolute preference for both tests, as they should. One of my co-worker's father was a firefighter who dropped dead of a heart attack at a fire scene, and he got absolute preference for the police exam, and the reverse would be true.....a child of a police officer who died LOD would get absolute preference on the fire exam.

22. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Leave Massachusetts

23. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

2011 civil service discussion

So I know there is one big post about Civil Service but its all over the place with posts. Let's start this new post talking about the 2011 Test. Your score, and the towns you applied to!

24. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

Re: 2011 civil service discussion

No, this one is fine. Threads merged.

25. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

Re: 2011 civil service discussion

I guess reading comprehension is not one of your best traits.

CS Marks and Testing (All Discussions Here No Need For New Threads)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.