Civil Service Marks and Testing (Old thread)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by fscpd910, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

Re: 2011 civil service discussion

No my comprehension is superb. That came out exactly the way I wanted it to.

2. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

You go first.

3. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

I scored a 97. Towns are Ashland, Natick, Milford, Medway. You?

4. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

[​IMG]:smug:

5. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I don't give out that info online. I try to keep a low profile on the internet.

6. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Why not ? There's no possible way that anyone on a search committee would be able to match up actual candidates to posters on this site. :shades_smile:

7. Mwiggz36

Mwiggz36 Very Special....

I scored a 98, places are Boston, Methuen, Lawrence, and Lowell.

8. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

nice man! good luck!!

9. Mwiggz36

Thanks man! you too.

10. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Officer9788,
    You aren't on the hook for two counts of assault and battery, domestic assault and battery and felony breaking and entering into a building at night, are you?

11. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Unless you're a resident of Boston, that pick is a waste. Change it to Transit, and you might want to consider changing your other non-resident picks to towns which are affluent and hire permanent-intermittents.

As a matter of fact, anyone within reasonable commuting distance of Boston should choose Transit as one of their picks. While it's technically a statewide position, many from out West aren't going to pick it due to distance, leaving less competition, and they're a big department that hires frequently.

12. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

I scored a 69 with Beverly, Chelsea, lynn, and Shirley......... :smug:

13. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

They tore up my test right in front of me because after I was done I threw out the plastic bag they gave me. I've regretted my actions ever since.

14. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Sucker....I got a 70 and chose the Metropolitan Police, Capitol Police, RMV Police, and CMPSA.

I'm thinking of changing a couple of my picks to Dana and Enfield, since I heard from the friend of a friend of mine who works in the office next to civil service that they might hire permanent-intermittants soon. He told me I should be scuba-certified....not sure what that's about.

15. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

Wait, we're talking about CS scores? I was talking about scoring with Bev, Chels, Lynn, and Shirl.... :unsure:

16. Mwiggz36

I'm Constantly back and forth, I lived there for 15 years then moved to Methuen. I moved back to Roxbury, but then moved back to Methuen because i got a job here. I still got my room in Boston though so it's really no big deal to move back. Should I still change it And does anyone know how too?

17. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Wiggz what Delta is saying is if your not a resident of Boston at exam time your probably not gonna be hired by them. Although they do hire lat-transfers now.

18. Bhaggs

Bhaggs MassCops Member

How is The CMPSA? I hear they hire often, offer great pay, have a wonderful Chief that is very well connected across the State and even have an marine patrol? Anyone have any insight on them?

19. SullyMass

SullyMass MassCops Member

99 - Billerica, the others I forget.

20. ecto1

ecto1 New Member

Got a 96. How do I choose specific cities or towns? I don't remember doing that.

21. Natewsc

Natewsc New Member

First time taking the Civil Service exam..got a 97 live in Chelmsford, not sure what other towns I picked. Is there anyway to find out?

22. SullyMass

SullyMass MassCops Member

WHEN the lists are established, I believe you'll be able to see/edit your town selections within SOARIS. Unless things have changed, which very well may of happened.

23. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

You should have picked up to your 4 towns when registering online to take the exam... Otherwise you'll be able to once the lists are out

24. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

CMPSA is the premier public safety agency in Massachusetts! However, I just remembered that their chief gave me a no-trespass order to their HQ, so I'm going to have to change that pick.

25. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I got a 78 and I'm on a list in SE Mass but I don't want to jinks myself by saying which city. I'm SURE I'm #1 for that city right now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.