Civil Service Marks and Testing (Old thread)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by fscpd910, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

You're a genius. :teeth_smile:

2. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Considering the 80% fail rate for that exam state wide last year I'm gonna FORCE MYSELF to agree with you!! HAHAHAHAHA

3. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

80% fail rate for the Police CS exam??? Must have been Deval supporters.

4. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

no that shit was dismissed.

5. tms1989

tms1989 MassCops Member

For all those posting theirs scores/towns you may want to post if your vet, dvet, 402A/B, etc as thats what really seems to determine your ranking

6. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Be sure to be upfront and honest if you ever do get called about that.

7. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

oh of course. i've had dispatcher interviews about it. i had an internship with a local department and i told them about it and they said its ok as long as when the time comes to get hired you disclose it in full and be up front about it.

8. WaterPistola

did i miss something? what are you talking about?

9. ecto1

ecto1 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I have a couple more questions since everyone here seems extremely knowledgeable on the topic. Is a 96 a good score for the exam? I am not considered a resident because I lived out of state the year prior for school. Does anyone know the total amount of people who took the test? What if I really don't care what department I work for, I really have nothing tying me to the area I'm in now so i would be willing to travel to / move to whatever area I'm needed. Thanks for all the help everyone!

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

It's impossible to say if a 96 is a good score until the range of scores is known, since every test is different. For the test I was hired from, you pretty much had to get a 98 or higher to be considered, but in other years, a 95 would make the cut.

As far as residency, there is an exemption for military where your home of record is considered your residency, and there may be something similar for full-time students. Call civil service and explain that while you were at school, you considered your Massachusetts address to be your permanent residence, and see if they'll grant an exemption.

11. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

I'd suggest looking down south. If you don't get the residency thing figured out and you're not a veteran, you aren't going to be at the top of any lists...even though a 96 is a good score.

12. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

how long do you guys think it will take (approx) for the state to make the up the lists?

13. SullyMass

SullyMass MassCops Member

Whenever someone within CS figures out how to click "In descending order" within Excel; I'm assuming another 5 months.

14. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

can we be a little more optimistic??

15. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

He's actually being serious. I've never seen a certified list come out prior to Nov.

16. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

put me up in that office and i will have your lists ready tomorrow....i guess i'm going to have to be patient. i would think they would come out quicker because of how fast the test results came out. i feel like they were on their game this year...tho this was my first time taking it.

17. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

You can be optimistic, the rest of us will continue to be realistic.

18. WaterPistola

i say before the 80th RTT assembles on Oct 3...

19. theGUNshow

I heard today from a Captain of a department that the new lists arent going to be "active" until around March...

20. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

21. WaterPistola

hey anyone else NOT get their results via mail yet? Are they even sending out the results that way? You know this state, take the $100 and run.

22. bmwzr3

bmwzr3 New Member

I’ve seen my score on the website but nothing by mail yet.I’ve seen my score on the website but nothing by mail yet.:stomp:

23. WaterPistola

Hey Jimmy two times, you get the papers yet?

24. theGUNshow

Score in the mail today, in the letter it says lists should be out around Nov 1st

25. bmwzr3

bmwzr3 New Member

Haha something went wrong during the moderator post approval. Today i finally got my test score in the mail also it stated the eligibility list would be posted around November 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.