Civil Service Marks and Testing (Old thread)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by fscpd910, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canhockjmg

canhockjmg MassCops Member

You will need to e-mail Human Resources and they will change it for you.

2. Mwiggz36

Mwiggz36 Very Special....

Thank You sir! I appreciate it.

3. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

For that municipality, 4th is a pretty good spot to be in.

4. rugga

rugga New Member

A couple of questions...anyone hear anything about cities that will be hiring more than others. I got a 98 and residency is Holbrook so i am #7 there, but looking at surrounding areas. Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

5. realdealholyfield

realdealholyfield New Member

Does anyone know if any towns or cities are looking for any language preferences? Specifically Cantonese-Chinese?

6. tms1989

tms1989 MassCops Member

Good to hear, why specifically for that town?

7. mayhem988

mayhem988 MassCops Member

same here 4th for my town only topped by vets.

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Most towns in MA have very small populations, so by default they have small police departments that don't hire often. Yours is on the larger side when compared to most other municipalities.

9. Seethe

Seethe MassCops Member

Not having residency really messed up my hopes for every town I applied to.

Oh well... Looks like I'll be hoping for another non-civil service agency and looking outside of this state for something.

10. mayhem988

mayhem988 MassCops Member

Don't get down you would be surprised how many people turn it down or just can't hack it. Ive heard of towns out in western ma calling as far as E bridgewater. You'll have your shot.

11. SullyMass

SullyMass MassCops Member

Has anyone else tried making a town selection change? I made a change on Wednesday, however, as of today the change was reverted back to the original selection.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

That and the fact that the folks in front of you Vet or not, still need pass through PT, Medical, and BI... which can/will eliminate a few.

12. rugga

rugga New Member

Yes I did and the same thing happened to me. I did it a second time and it worked

13. Guard Hard

Guard Hard MassCops Member

I scored a 94 and didn't even crack the top 200 in any of my towns. Not a resident in a CS community. The lottery ticket analogy is a good one. It's a cool surprise if you win something; just don't budget for it.

14. F23

F23 MassCops Member

How do you guys know that they are veterans in front of you, it just shows Im #5

15. F23

F23 MassCops Member

How do you guys know they are veterans in front of you I'm #5 in my community and am kind of interested to know

16. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I was in the top 15 in one, top 50 two others, and in the top 1100 for MBTA. It does not matter though. :smug:

17. Seethe

Seethe MassCops Member

Thank you for the advice.

For now I'm just going to keep my head up and my fingers crossed.

18. MC83

MC83 MassCops Member

On the initial page where it shows your rank for the 4 towns you picked... look underneath the town... it will say Total Police Standings for YOURTOWN, click the link...

19. MC83

MC83 MassCops Member

I have a question... on SOARIS, when you view your town's specific list with all the names (the spreadsheet type chart), is there a way to know the total number of people on the list without literally counting them allllllllllllllllllllll one by one? I know my rank but I'm curious out of how many in total. Thanks for any help!

20. Agent Stan Smith

Agent Stan Smith MassCops Member

Highlight the whole list from SOARIS, then copy and paste in Excel or another spreadsheet program. Each row will be numbered so then you won't have to count.

21. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

Just count them...you will have more than enough time while you wait for that coveted card.

22. MC83

MC83 MassCops Member

I'll get right on that....... didn't really need a smart aleck answer though a few days after someone already answered the question....

23. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

And you want to get on this job? Better get yourself some thinker skin there junior.

Now go grab your fuckin shine box!

24. Mwiggz36

Mwiggz36 Very Special....

Had to straighten out a few things, but all in all I did alright. I'm 19 on the list for my residency town, which is Methuen :unsure:. I got top 50 for 2 of the non-resident towns and the other I'm 284 :stomp:.

Good luck though fellas!!!!!!!!

25. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

View attachment 3265

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.