Civil Service Marks and Testing (Old thread)

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by fscpd910, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

I wouldn't over analyze these lists unless you are near the top but anything is possible. Brett Favre said it best, there's still hope...

2. MC83

MC83 MassCops Member

Oh, I wasn't offended, I have "thick skin" and know that this field (and life in general) is tough... I was just trying to politely tell him STFU cuz somone else had already answered my question days earlier :shades_smile:

3. MC83

MC83 MassCops Member

Haha, somebody call the waaaaambulance.... but my comment you quoted was meant in a completely sarcastic tone :wink_smile:

4. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    contest

5. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Why does the Go get your fuckin shinebox fit in so well ...its my favorite saying by far.

6. Alan

Alan MassCops Member

I got a 97 rank 525. So does that mean there are 525 people who scored above me and what are the chances of me getting called for an interview.

7. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

525 people in front of you for a town with 20 officers is not good. If your on the list for Boston PD, you might stand a chance.

Common sense, junior. Give us some context--we're not mind readers here.

8. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

Ranked 19 for town like Methuen would be a good place to be during a good economy. Though right now, even being in the top 10 will be tough.

Mwiggz36 likes this.
  9. mayhem988

mayhem988 MassCops Member

Just got the holy card....Luckily I am already a non-civil service special and the hiring process won't be too much of a hassle.

10. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

When are the Sgt exam results coming out? A month late already. Any idea where I can find out who is appealing what from this exam?

11. afk146

afk146 New Member

90 day mark just past. So we should be seeing something soon.

12. cousteau

cousteau MassCops Member

Its all a waiting game, obviously. Everyone is anxious and needs a job. But if you get hired, the years will pass so fast it will make your head spin. Its a different but good lifestyle, but the time absolutely flies once you're on. Enjoy your time while you still have some.

13. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

Got my Sgt score on 1/14/2012.........the highest score I have heard so far is 80. Any one hear higher?

14. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

I can tell you I didnt get an 80.:mad:

SgtAndySipowicz likes this.
  15. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

16. MTA2010

MTA2010 MassCops Member

I was checking my score and where I stand on the Soaris website. What does "total ties within rank" mean? I scored a 99 on the exam. Next to my score it shows where I stand then beside that it says "total ties within rank." Not sure what that means. Can anyone clarify that for me?

17. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Amount of who also scored 99 (tied your score)

18. MTA2010

MTA2010 MassCops Member

Thanks HuskyH-2

19. Pats1616

Pats1616 MassCops Member

Got a 100 on the exam, non-vet residency in Boston. Ranked 287 with only 7 civilians tied with me. Any chance i get an opportunity at the application process?

20. mayhem988

mayhem988 MassCops Member

hypothetically if you're a resident and you got a 99, and your rank is 3 but there are 10 total ties within rank it means you and 9 other people that are residents scored and ranked the same.

MTA2010 likes this.
  21. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

I thought you had to be a resident to work for BPD? Or does that mean establish residency by the time you go in the academy?

I am also curious about Boston going through 287 people.

22. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Hes a nonvet resident. But yes you need residency to be a boston oolice officer by appointment. You can still choose boston without residency as one of your 4 munis.

I think his chances are pretty good if they hire and aren't looking for something specific.

23. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

Why is it that when a department calls for a CS list you will be on the list before someone because your name is alphabetically higher, even w same score?

IE. Ben Adams 99
    Zach Williams 99

Ben would show up on the list before Zach just because of his name...

24. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Both would be called.....if they based your position on the list by name, there would be thousands of MA residents changing their name to Aaron Aardvark.

dano448, mayhem988 and nikc12 like this.
  25. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

When you get on however, seniority within your score goes by name (at least at my job). I have been screwed by that way of doing things at my last two jobs. I think it should be based first by score, then by overall academy standing (isn't that how the MSP does it?)....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.