Cops are tracking new leads in the “Puppy Doe” case -

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Sep 22, 2013.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 91K+Poster

Cops are tracking new leads in the “Puppy Doe” case after the pit bull’s heartbroken original owner has come forward in a dramatic bid to help capture the barbaric brute who tortured the dog and left it for dead in a Quincy park.“The guilt and responsibility I felt — my heart broke. It was my responsibility to find her a good home,” a tearful Laura Hankins told the Herald yesterday. “The list of things done to her are just so inhuman and so disgusting. She was the sweetest dog.”Hankins said she gave the puppy pit bull mix she named Kiya to a Grafton woman in May after she said she was forced to get rid of the dog because her landlord was afraid she would lose her homeowners insurance.Hankins said she contacted police and tried to call the Grafton woman when she heard the news that Kiya, known to authorities as Puppy Doe, was euthanized Aug. 31 after she was found in a Quincy park beaten, stabbed, burned and tortured, including having her limbs pulled apart and her tongue crudely cut into a split. -

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/09/justice_sought_for_kiya

[​IMG]
    Support pours in as Quincy police search for dog abuser

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 05:23 AM
    Quincy and the Animal Rescue League of Boston have received an outpouring of support – both through information sharing and donations – from people eager to catch the person behind the brutal abuse of a pit bull found in the city.

Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/news/c...urs-in-as-Quincy-police-search-for-dog-abuser

[​IMG]
    OUR OPINION: Law enforcement’s social media savvy pays off

Posted 23 hour(s) ago
    The joint press release by the Animal Rescue League of Boston, the Norfolk County District Attorney’s office and the Quincy police appealing to the public for help fin finding those responsible for the “sadistic” torture of Puppy Doe is an effective new strategy in law enforcement.

Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/news/c...Law-enforcement-s-social-media-savvy-pays-off
  2. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

Whoever did it cannot be called human and should be euthanized!
    corsair, LGriffin and Kilvinsky like this.
  3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky Will Work for Beer

Very sad and enraging story.
  4. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

I have issues with her original owner - sure she was spoiled and loved, but who get's a dog - a THIRD dog - without permission? Conveniently with a Weymouth connection?

Then gives it to someone she doesn't know, didn't look into, anything? Never microchipped her either?

While I'm sure she meant no harm to this puppy - but my dither's are up here... the dots don't connect.

I hope I'm wrong.
  5. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

Original owner got this poor dog without thinking it through and re-housed it carelessly. Even if this person was not involved in the horror that happened still ... he/she is responsible!

I hope OW will help finding monster that did it!
  6. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

If it was a person, nobody (to include the courts) would give a rats ass.
    LawMan3 and Mr Scribbles like this.
  7. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

That's a scary thought ... Please tell me it's not true! (feel free to lie) ...
  8. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Not going to lie - but that's true.
    Hank Moody likes this.
  9. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

nobody would care if a person was found tortured to death ... but puppy has everybody's sympathy ... :(
    can't ...
  10. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Well it depends on the person. You can all read into that what you want.

As for whoever did this, the only fitting fate I can think of is that they be mauled by a pack of rabid dogs, rescued at the brink of death and then slowly, painfully meet their just end.
    LGriffin and Kilvinsky like this.
  11. Kilvinsky

Now THIS is exactly along MY lines of thinking. A quick death for anyone offers no real justice(sorry wood chipper proponents) . As I see it, justice in many of these cases takes many long painful days, weeks, months, years maybe even decades!
    HistoryHound likes this.
  12. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I can't wrap my head around the cruelty. My guess is the "person" who did this then went home and wet the bed just before dismembering their family.
  13. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

I can relate to what you are saying! No punishment seems like it is severe enough ...
    Unfortunately there is NO justice for crimes like that ... we can't go down to the level of the sick psychopath that did it ... even though we think we want to!
  14. LGriffin

LGriffin Mother Führer

Exactly. I hope QPD or another PD in the area gets this Dahmer POS before he/she starts boiling people.
    FTH likes this.
  15. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Screw You All-I got an alibi!
    vick.jpg
    7costanza likes this.
  16. Kilvinsky

You're probably right. I'm basically a very tolerant soul and truthfully, if I were to write a death penalty law there would be loopholes, not so many that the law would be a joke, but loopholes none the less. But DAMN, when you have someone so depraved that they would do something like this to ANYONE, animal OR human for fun, there really should be some retribution that isn't swift and essentially painless. A quick execution sort of lets them off the hook in the long run.
    FTH likes this.
  17. LGriffin

LGriffin Mother Führer

That's not true but I see where you're going with this.

What we have here is a sadistic monster who tortured a defenseless, likely bound animal over a period of time and left her for dead. Necropsy revealed that she endured months of torture that included having her limbs pulled apart in a medieval-style drawing, blows to the head, burning, starvation, having her tongue split apart and she was stabbed in the eyeball.

As I alluded to earlier, animal abuse is a key indicator shared by serial killers.

Albert Disalvo (better known as the Boston Strangler) used to trap dogs and cats as a child and then shoot them with arrows.

Edward Emil Kemper lll would kill neighborhood cats and put their heads on poles. Kemper killed his own cat, decapitated it and then cut it into small pieces. This is the same thing he did to his own mother.

David Berkowitz used to abuse the neighborhood dogs. He shot one neighbors dog because according to him, the dog was an "evil force" that compelled him to kill.

Ted Bundy used to watch as his own father tortured animals. Eventually, Bundy did the same.

Andrew Cunanan used to gather crabs and then burn their eyes out with a lighted match. He would watch their eyes sizzle then turn them loose.

David Berkowitz, the “Son of Sam,” poisoned his mother’s parakeet.

Jeffrey Dahmer impaled the heads of cats and dogs on sticks.

"Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives."
    - Albert Schweitzer
    7costanza, frank, corsair and 5 others like this.
  18. kwflatbed

19. kwflatbed

20. Kilvinsky

Whatever sentence he gets will not be enough, but I'm glad he's being identified and can see just how many supporters he has. Screw him. May he be raped by Dobermans while Pit Bulls chew his genitals off.
  21. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Im a dog owner, but the amount of attention this has received is insane. There are more resources and outrage directed at this case, than the filthy illegal who killed Matthew Denise in Milford. But THIS case is different, this illegal hurt a doggy so he gets the full weight and cooperation of police and federal agencies. Vehicular manslaughter, meh not so much. I hope Quincy isn't a sanctuary city...
  22. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Someone better take this turds DNA and run it through ...cant think of the name ( codis?) for a match to any unsolved murders,rapes. Also he was a "caregiver" to the elderly, people who expected to pass soon (witout suspicion)I wonder how many "unexpected" deaths there were around this guy. Yeah yeah I watch crime shows, so what.
  23. Kilvinsky

To a great degree I do have to agree with you on this. I'm as pissed off as anyone and I'm VERY Glad they did catch this pukestain, I'm glad they hunted him down for two big reasons, 1) anyone that cruel to a dog deserves to be hunted down because if not, it sends a message that, if you hurt a dog, hell, it's just a dog, don't worry TOO much about it. A-Holes will run with this, and have. 2) If this sick bastard would do this to a dog, what might he do, or have done to a human? 7 and Griff make EXCELLENT points.

But yeah, when so many people are being killed, raped and robbed does all this attention send the message that a dog is more important? And look at the young lady in NH. I'm VERY GLAD they're going all out to find this girl, I have a daughter and would be devastated if this were my daughter, but what about all the other young girls who are missing out there? Are the same amount of resources being used for them? Two very heart breaking cases that do make you go, "Hmmm?"

It's a tough call, but I'm still glad they went to the limit.
  24. LGriffin

LGriffin Mother Führer

I don't know what other history he has but he had warrants for larceny when they grabbed him. Sounds like he helped himself to the elderly woman's checkbook, as many of these "caretakers" do.
    With regard to CODIS, it used to be that we could only swab detainees for certain uploadable offenses, mostly crimes against persons, so he won't be in the system based on his financial crimes. It sounds like they've got some solid evidence so if all goes as it should in court, he'll be uploaded now. At his age, i'll be surprised if they don't get a hit.
    7costanza likes this.
  25. kwflatbed

From what I hear Interpol is interested in him also.