Court Officer / Associate Court Officer (State wide vacancies )

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by Foxy85, Aug 23, 2013.

1. gobruins

gobruins MassCops Member

2. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

then it should carry over then

3. gobruins

gobruins MassCops Member

Thanks for your help

4. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

You said "rough" academically or physically ? Thank you

5. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

Both haha!

6. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

7. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

8. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

In you class,how many people did not pass ? Thanks

9. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

My class started with 64. graduated about 28. mostly cause of PT. that's why they are now incorporating the PAT now before you even get the chance to go to the academy

10. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

Wow about a 3rd failed on PT ? I'm guessing mostly overweight older people.Because we are not talking Marines PT here,I have no clue but if you train daily you should be able to pass,and you're living in a academy for Pet's sake.LOL.

11. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

Last question...;)

How much do they pay to attend the academy and do they provide health insurance for those 6 weeks.Asking because you will need to leave your job for it.

12. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

Starting is just north of $40K, max with a degree is 79K I understand at around 9-11 years. You reach the max pay at 5 years if you are a Vet. I'm pretty sure you get that flat right out of the gate on day 0 at the SPA. I think health insurance is provided starting day 0 as well but not 100% sure. You should ask the next time you speak to someone involved in your process.

The first 2 weeks are semi para military. Yelling, bag drops, brain games etc... I would say its about 50% that of an actual academy. Keep your head down, it will be a milk run for any Vet.

We had FUCKING EPIC fails with PT because we did not screen. Our bad, we are working on the problem. You PT everyday while at the SPA. Its not really demanding, a girls JV lacrosse team does more in a day. Also, while we had MANY fine folks who were over qualified we also were forced (as always) to take Tommy Teamster whose only running in the past 15+ years has been to the packy and back. This led to many people being forced out (and MANY angry phone calls from Beacon Hill to the SPA). Again, the issue is being fixed. The one class I was involved in I think had about 30-40 guys fail over PT plus one kicked out for being stupid. Also lost one or two for medical. They are looking for one to two classes this year. Good luck! Stay positive!!

Pvt. Cowboy and Webb like this.
  13. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

haha no problem and you get full salary while at the academy and I believe they have you sign stuff for the insurance on the 1st day

14. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

15. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

The upcoming academy will be 8 weeks or 12 weeks ?

Thanks

16. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

it's gonna be 8 weeks. they want to extend it up to 12 weeks max for future academies

Webb likes this.
  17. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

Thanks JR90

if they can train you in 8 weeks I don't know why another 4.How long is the state troopers academy ? 6 months ?

18. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

Yeah but the 6 week academy, it felt like too many things were crammed in and also more stuff could've been covered but couldn't so I probably see why they want to extend it. and MSP academy I believe Is 26 weeks

Webb likes this.
  19. Tiponice

Tiponice MassCops Member

Can anyone tell me if this is difficult and what exactly it means? Oh and how can one prepare for it. Thanks for any help.

DEXTERITY:
    • The candidate must stand with feet stationary and laterally hook the weighted (37 lbs. of
    force) handcuff extension to the center pole in a controlled manner and then lower the
    handcuff bar back to start without dropping the weight.
    • The applicant must then complete the same movement on the opposite side.

20. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

not hard at all. it's just the cuff attached to a box and you pull it and place the loop of the cuff on a small pole twice

Tiponice likes this.
  21. fjd1075

fjd1075 MassCops Member

There is also talk of 8 weeks but no mandatory stay the first 2 weeks

22. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

I don't think she went to the academy at all.:)

23. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

oh I'll put money there will be a mandatory stay. that's phase 1. to phase out a bunch of people

24. Tiponice

Tiponice MassCops Member

Good stuff. Thanks!

25. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

Weird why would anyone chicken out because of ONLY 2 weeks not at home ? If you're a mother with little babies is understandable,but otherwise no.