Court Officer / Associate Court Officer (State wide vacancies )

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by Foxy85, Aug 23, 2013.

1. bos1iwh

bos1iwh MassCops Member

After the interviews? How long will it take to check background and cori? What is next after that?

2. EJS12213

EJS12213 MassCops Member

After interviews it's the medical exam. Should get that notice in about a week if you passed the interview. Then you should hear something probably in April.

3. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

Were you schedule for an interview ?

4. SKI3

SKI3 New Member

So is there anyone that could shed some light on the process AFTER passing the PAT and having a scheduled interview ? So far from what Ive read, the 1st Academy class wiill start May 2nd ? And now has been extended to 8 wks ? Any info would be appreciated

5. bos1iwh

bos1iwh MassCops Member

6. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

Lucky guy congrats.

7. bos1iwh

bos1iwh MassCops Member

I know. Thanks! Still have more hurdles to get over.

Webb likes this.
  8. Rthymz

Rthymz MassCops Member

@SKI3 I had my interview 2 weeks ago with the head of security and he told me that April 16th is the orientation were you sign your paper work human resources health insurance etc. And the academy is may 2nd to June 17th he also said there hiring about 75 to 72 officers. Those that get a medical clearance are good to go. So if you get a medical clearance you should be good. Good luck to everyone.:)

9. wyattearp1

wyattearp1 New Member

Was it me or was one of the interviewers an asshole during the interview? Did the lead interviewer challenge anything on your resume or responses?

10. Rthymz

Rthymz MassCops Member

@wyattearp1 2 years ago when I had my first interview it was with 5 people and I felt the same way. But this time around it was only with 3 people and they were really nice they never really challenged anything. The only thing they told me was why my address isn't the same address on my license so I told them I moved and haven't changed it but that was it. Good luck bro I hope everyone here gets hired many wishes to you.:)

11. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

Care to elaborate ?
    Hold on !!! They asked to see your DL at the interview ?

12. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

As hack as most of the court officers are they still read Masscops. Good luck when they see your post.

zm88 and Kenny like this.
  13. wyattearp1

wyattearp1 New Member

Well, he questioned my military service dates and thinks I was hiding something. Stupid crap like that. Didnt know if anyone else experianced the same responses.

14. Webb

Webb MassCops Member

How many questions did they ask you ? Asking because someone had an interview last week and was only asked 3 questions.8 minutes interview.

Thanks

15. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

You may want to learn to spell also.

16. redemption6

redemption6 MassCops Member

well I passed the PAT. got the interview. did the medical clearance. had a phone interview to clarify my background questionnaire I filled out... anyone else at that point as well? just wondering when and if I will receive word if I got the job or not.... ball of nerves over here. they haven't called any of my references... so am I to assume I'm just not going to be selected? Ive done all I can do... its out of my hands.

pahapoika and Tiponice like this.
  17. SKI3

SKI3 New Member

Well I guess Im behind most of you guys in the process, since my interview is next Monday which was originally 2wks ago but was cancelled due to the "storm". If May 2nd is the start date of the academy, theres not that much time to prepare for it since its been a very fast process. BPD at least gives you several months to prepare for the academy and the way things are going with this hiring process is kind of a disadvantage since the academy date is only a month away. Has anyone else heard of another Academy date ? Any other info would be greatly appreciated

18. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

there's a 2nd academy in August as well

19. redemption6

no other academy date besides may 2 to june 24. crazy!! I cannot believe they are still interviewing!

20. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

2nd academy in August

21. redemption6

oh that's good to know!

22. redemption6

if anyone gets notification they are being selected for the academy, give this thread a message please?

23. Q2B

Q2B MassCops Member

I had my interview 3 weeks ago, it went well. I was told things would be moving right along as far as backgrounds and medical screenings go but unfortunately have not heard anything. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. For now, I'll hurry up and wait.

24. redemption6

hurry up and wait... pretty accurate!

25. Gruntz

Gruntz MassCops Member

Do they send everyone that had an interview for a physical/ drug test or do they narrow it down based off of how well your interview went?