Cowboy's Broken Record

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Education & Training Questions' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I'm guessing that though chokes are not part of this departments valid DT skill set, he could have easily put that guy to sleep for fear that he'd access his firearm.

Top guy should have locked up a kimura, but started to get an Americana later in the fight. Guy on the bottom did a good job maintaining control... this could have ended VERY badly.

Then there's this fuckin' trainwreck. There's so much wrong here it's just... awful.

Anytime anyone of you folks wants me to do another class...

HuskyH-2, LawMan3, Goose and 2 others like this.
  2. MassM123

MassM123 New Member

The only issue I have with the video involving the Tulsa Gang Unit is the weak open hand smacks. If you're fighting for a gun you should be punching that guy in the face as hard as possible.

3. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

The open hand strikes are distractionary strikes to a target of opportunity. When you start pounding on a skull with a closed fist, there is a strong potential to cause damage to your own hands, limiting your ability to transition to a taser or firearm. Good all day.

My only complaint is that the cameraman didn't stomp on the suspect's nuts.

LawMan3, kdk240, carodo and 3 others like this.
  4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I know only a little about DT rules on striking... I know a good amount about grappling.

Guy did a great job maintaining control on his back.

My point with everything I post relative to DT, is this: there's cameras everywhere. Start raining bombs on people (justified or not) its going to open up a can of worms and possibly subject you to being a victim of the public's lynching for your career. That's all.

Learn SOMETHING. As MMA continually rises in popularity, I see more ground fighting becoming a mainstay in DT. Remember the cop in Milford (I think) that got put to sleep in a triangle choke? Dude he was trying to hook put him out cold.

5. devenob

devenob 2300

Im sure the camera man standing there broadcasting everything influenced there decisions. Asshole grabbing the officers gun like that and a life or death fight..id be thinking about the knife in my cargo pocket..

Goose and mpd61 like this.