Driving with police patch in car?

Discussion in 'Whacker Central' started by The617Viet, Dec 21, 2015.

1. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

I know someone that drives with a Boston Police Patch displaying in the car. Is this even legal?

2. CO4Sho

CO4Sho MassCops Member

Definitely not illegal, but it is not getting you out of any tickets, in fact, it will probably get you more than save you from once they find out you don't work for that agency.

3. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

Good. I hope this guy gets pulled over

4. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

"Friend" of yours?

5. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

GHEY!!
    :eek:

USAF286, Tango_Sierra and Goose like this.
  6. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

Co worker

7. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

Also has a TBL plate and a LEO support badge thing on his back plate

8. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Maybe a relative, or just a fan.

9. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

I bet he has blue lights also bahahah!

10. JD02124

Whats even better is . . . correct me if i'm wrong but you're a armed SPO working for First Armored and you're asking if driving with a BPD patch in your car is legal.

Kilvinsky, zm88, mtc and 4 others like this.
  11. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

JL, Don't be mean to the boy! LOL!

12. bok

bok MassCops Member

LOOOUUUUZZZZZ''A.

zm88 likes this.
  13. JD02124

All in good fun! . . . Or is it?

zm88 likes this.
  14. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

50% wrong but ok. I dont even know where to get bpd patches. I have my own companys patches but i use it for parking purposes at work

15. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

Just in case

[​IMG]

HistoryHound, Goose and JD02124 like this.
  16. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

Years ago I worked at a campus in Boston. I got a call to meet a person wishing to report their car stolen in one of the parking garages. I met the person and explained that all the garages look alike and people often go to the wrong garage and believe that their car has been stolen. I offered to drive the person around first before filing a report. The person then pointed out an empty parking space which had one of the old style "the club" steering wheel locks broken in half on the ground with a Boston Police Patch on top of it. The victim said that they had a friend who gave them the patch and he kept it on his dashboard to somehow protect the vehicle. Obviously we didn't have to drive around to confirm the car was stolen.

Kilvinsky, felony, Fuzzywuzzy and 4 others like this.
  17. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

"I don't even know where to get BPD patches".
    One way would be the device you are now staring at.
    Geez.

pahapoika, Kilvinsky, zm88 and 2 others like this.
  18. ecpd402

ecpd402 Subscribing Member

I'm gonna put pinkerton security patch on my dash. Does that make me a security wacker

pahapoika likes this.
  19. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

I have a NASA patch on my dash.

pahapoika and mtc like this.
  20. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

You're a space shuttle door gunner too?? I thought I was the only one!!

21. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

boston-police-patch.jpg If you're short on money or time just hit print, trim and stick this on your dash. From E-Bay.

pahapoika, mtc, Kilvinsky and 4 others like this.
  22. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I have to admit. 1) I have MY department patch and throw it on the dashboard when I'm working a detail. So far, it's been respected by the city and the parking office of the entity I work for so, no ticket. 2) A couple of people who have parked on campus who were good people feared getting a ticket so I gave them one and told them to put it on the dash board and hope for the best. 3) I never drive around with it in the dash since I don't like advertising. 4) I've told the people to whom I gave the patch that: a) some parking office monitors can be dicks, don't be too confident. b) if you get one and aren't a regular on campus and/or don't have a permit, throw the ticket away, the ticket don't mean squat*.

*if you DO have a permit or ARE a frequent visitor, they WILL get you. Otherwise, I've heard the tickets are good for rolling papers.

Patches are no different than MPA stickers. Most who display them who don't work there are looking to get out of something, they're not whackers. Many get said patches or MPA stickers from cops on the job, not ebay, though that can be a source (as a collector, I KNOW!). Bottom line, most (not all) wouldn't have either of these if someone on the job wasn't 'helping them out'. Don't always blame them, blame those of US who are quick to give this stuff out. I'm not quick to do it, but I'm guilty.

pahapoika likes this.
  23. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

My Co worker knocked on a door once and announced that they were housing police

Goose likes this.
  24. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

You work with a lot of special people huh?

Goose likes this.
  25. ecpd402

ecpd402 Subscribing Member

I'm getting a la medical examiner patch so I look like quincy