Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Eastern MA Gun Shops

9K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  sgthoskins 
#1 ·
What and where are your favorite gun shops and why?

#2 ·
Hunter's Trading Post in Weymouth. However, I have't been there in a couple years but I used to visit it often because my father has a good relationship with the owner and I've had nothing but positive interactions with them. I believe it's a family ran shop too which is a plus, and becoming few and far between in MA.

#6 ·
Have you guys been to 4 seasons lately? Place has turned into a shit show. If you can get Jeff or Carl, its one thing but its so crazy busy in there they have a take-a-number deli thing, and have hired some clowns to fill out the staff.
Collectors in Stoneham can be ok depending what days you go but it's hard to find a good deal anywhere these days.
There is a great spot on 38 in Pelham NH.
Zero Hour struck me as guys who have a lot of money, but don't know a lot about guns. They have a lot of fun looking junk.
I think A&G in Lowell went out of business, Greg the owner was pretty unreasonable to deal with.
Walter's shop in Waltham isn't too bad, and I think the other store there Mcelhenneys (?) closed, either the owner was sick or died his wife was running the store last I was in. Not many deals there, mostly antiques he sold online.
There is a great place in Lancaster, that's mostly mail order out of a parcel store that is open to the public once a month.

#7 ·
I'm partial to Sportsmen's Den in Quincy. Ron has never been anything but great and knowledgeable. I've sent several friends to see him and they bought guns the same visit.

#8 ·
Sortsmens Den, FS Guns, Collectors, have all been good to me. I have heard mixed reviews regarding Hunter's Trading Post, but that guy has been decent to me too. The old M&Ms in Plymouth has some good stuff too. I think they are now Plimoth Bay Outfitters. Kittery is always full of good things but pricey. Zero Hours has sold me good stuff at a good price. Actually, every place I have been has been decent. Was at FS Guns today and their prices are very good. I appreciate the replies. I was just wondering if I had missed any good shops over the years.

#9 ·
I like ZHA because of their selection of milsurps.

Plimoth Bay Outfitters are also close by with some good selection and are fairly priced. Ammo can be a bit expensive though. Judy and Dave are great people and always helpful; Peter takes some warming up. They're also LE friendly.

#15 ·
Recently made a couple purchases at FS. Both used Glocks and both shoot very well. My only gripe with them is I have yet to examine a used Glock that has been cleaned. I examine the guns thoroughly before I buy and this is a pain. It only tales a second to run a bore snake through the barrel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.