Fire to police

Discussion in 'Fire, EMS & Medical' started by Sodox, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sodox

Sodox MassCops Member

hello, I took the 2012 FF exam and I am a vet who may or may not be getting onto a fire department soon (in the process) just wondering how hard or easy it is to go from the fire service to police in a civil service city. Don't get me wrong I will be very grateful to get on and would definitely give many years to the department If I am lucky enough to get on, but law enforcement is where I want to be. By reading other posts on here I know I will get shit on and people will think I am crazy but I want to go through the experience no matter how bad I will hate myself for doing it in 10 years...lol

2. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

I don't understand the question. If you are looking for job security, either one will provide it for you, as long as there isn't another major budget crisis and they want to lay off. As far as going from one service to another, you will have to begin fresh. All you will carry over is your City/Town time.

3. Sodox

Sodox MassCops Member

I guess my question is how do police departments feel about taking firefighters on from the same town/City . I dont think I will have job security because If I am hired on the fire department It will be from a federal grant that last 2 years. The job will then depend on the city budget after that :(

4. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

I don't think it is an issue. If you get through the process, you will get the job.

5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

You might like the Fire better :cool:

6. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

You'll take shit for being a hose dragger .

Here, lemme start.... NOZZLE JOCKEY !!! :D

frank and USMCMP5811 like this.
  7. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

8. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

Somehow I don't see this thread going much further without being locked...

9. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

BTDT. You'll have to endure plenty of ball busting but it's certainly doable.

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

We have a half-dozen former nozzle jockeys on my PD.

Code 3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.