Florida Highway Patrol graduates 121st FHP class

Discussion in 'Academy Information' started by PBC FL Cop, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

The first two troopers in that video love the smell of their own farts.

2. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

"Elite" is the most over used word by the media when writing stories about law enforcement. "He was a member of the elite swat team"..."Only the best get to join the elite drug unit"...And on and on. I always think, who the hell is doing all the work with all these "elite" cops on my department? Oh wait...I know. I agree with you Delta. I have never seen it used in a recruitment ad by any department.

3. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

Sometimes "elite" means who has the biggest dime.

Sgt Jack, pahapoika and Delta784 like this.
  4. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Not on my department! Our bosses insist you get assignments like that based on merit not dimes. Wow I had a tough time just typing this because I was laughing so f****** hard.

MSP75, pahapoika, topcop14 and 2 others like this.
  5. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

The only FL cops who refer to FHP as "elite" are FHP and I would say even those are few and far between. It was an interesting video though...

6. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Elite usually refers to anything except the grotesque and pitiful assignment of uniformed field patrol.

7. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

"Can't make the height requirement for Miami PD, and want to show them who's the boss of YOUR stretch of road? Join the FHP today! You'll be slapping the cuffs on your fellow officers in no time!"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

8. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

there were 2 sheriffs cars providing back up in that video which was interesting................................ :confused:

must be an old video given their recent history

9. Sgt Jack

Sgt Jack Subscribing Member

Probably because you could make more money working at McDonalds than FHP.