Florida man accused of planning to bomb Target stores to lower company's stock

Discussion in 'National' started by kwflatbed, Feb 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM.

  1. kwflatbed

    kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 108K+Poster

    Florida man accused of planning to bomb Target stores to lower company's stock
    Published February 17, 2017
    FoxNews.com
    Facebook0 Twitter0 livefyre21 Email Print

    [​IMG]
    May 16, 2016: A newly constructed Target store is shown in San Diego, Calif. (Reuters)

    A Florida man is accused of planning to bomb Target stores along the East Coast in an attempt to buy cheap stock in the company, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

    Mark Charles Barnett, 48, of Ocala, was charged with possession or possession of a destructive device affecting commerce by a previously convicted felon, the Orlando Sentinel reported. Barnett is a registered sex offender in Florida.

    The Justice Department filed a complaint alleging Barnett built at least 10 explosive devices and paid another man $10,000 to place the bombs on store shelves. The man also received a mask, a license-plate cover and a bag of gloves. Officials said the other man went to authorities.

    Officials said bomb-making materials were found in Barnett’s home as well.


    Florida man accused of planning to bomb Target stores to lower company's stock
     

Share This Page


Search tags for this page

two men in florida recently planning bombs on target stores