Getting into SSPO??

Discussion in 'Academy Information' started by The617Viet, Jan 29, 2016.

1. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

Quick, everyone read this before mpd comes.

I realize that all academies, MPTC and SSPO require a sponsorship. I have just about given up hope on being hired by Boston, despite it being my first test and having vets pref. How do I get into the SSPO academy in New Braintree? Every department I look into, like Colleges and Hospitals, require me to attend a MPTC academy BEFORE getting hired at all. Money is an issue, but it also isn't. How do I get my foot into this impossible door? If it helps at all, which I doubt it does, I am a Boston Special.

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Seriously? I won't bore you with my personal story but it took myself and many others around here many tests and a lot of perseverance to get where they are. Way to hang in there.

zm88, USMCMP5811, pahapoika and 3 others like this.
  3. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

1 test and your throwing in the towel?

Anyway you kind of answered your own question. You need a sponsorship. Which means your either find a chief willing to send you, or you join a dept in a non sworn position that has a track record of pulling people from within for police officer position.

zm88, USMCMP5811, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  4. felony

felony MassCops Member

LOL given up after a year. It took me 6 years to get on a city PD and I went out of state. The SSPA requires sponsorship by a law enforcement agency, such as hospitals/colleges etc. You have to find a college PD that is willing to hire you and sponsor you to the academy. Most of the bigger private schools will send you, along with state schools such as Framingham State/Fitchburg/ Quinsig etc.

Goose and Joel98 like this.
  5. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Jesus, I can only type this so many times on here. For you guys who are vets with Boston residency and a clean background its just a waiting game. The department has been hiring 50-100 guys annually for the past 4 years and thats not going to slow down anytime soon. There are always civilians in the first class meaning they go through ALL of the vets. Sit back, keep your nose clean and it will happen eventually.

6. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Was going to write something else, but if your a vet ( and Par-10 ? } keep your Boston residency and you should get picked up in the next couple of classes.

7. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

There's only ONE towel thrower around these parts.

Don't try and steal my thunder.

USMCMP5811, HuskyH-2 and pahapoika like this.
  8. CapeSpecial

CapeSpecial MassCops Member

Wow.

timothy135 likes this.
  9. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

What about that City-Issued Purple Heart? Doesn't that give you head of the line over D-Vets and Sons/daughters? It should!? Oh yeah wait....Sorry, it's Boston.

Maybe you could ask Maahtee for a favor. I mean you DID pull one for the team!o_O

Oh and before I forget, FUCK SSPO!!!!!!!!!!!!

USMCMP5811, Goose and pahapoika like this.
  10. pahapoika

Did 617Viet get stabbed too or are we thinking of JD02124 ?

11. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

I know that game haha!

zm88 and Goose like this.
  12. JD02124

Hey! hey! hey! If Cowboys title is towel thrower and that's hands off so isn't mine! Like the late great Jet Li said… there can only be one…human pin cushion.

Pvt. Cowboy, mpd61 and pahapoika like this.
  13. mpd61

OMG JD!!! How did I screw that up?

14. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

I got stabbed when I was 14. Does that count?

pahapoika and mpd61 like this.
  15. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

I'll wave the white flag instead. Or the French

16. JD02124

Pencils don't count.

17. The617Viet

The617Viet Red Striper

I wasnt aware they had pencils in Mattapan, used by a 30 year old thug to get 2 dollars and a Motorola RAZR from me.

18. JD02124

Well I can tell you where you first went wrong. Being in mattapan…

zm88, Goose and Pvt. Cowboy like this.
  19. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

uploadfromtaptalk1454282946389.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

20. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

I don't know of anybody who attended SSPO without being hired/employed by the Department that sent them. It's not like MPTC where you can self sponsor with a Police Chief's signature. FWIW, if you're going to self sponsor and attend an academy without pay, I probably wouldn't do SSPO- a full time MPOC will open all the doors that SSPO does, plus you can use it for a municipal job.

pahapoika and Goose like this.
  21. pahapoika

Cause guys in the city stand a better chance getting stabbed ? :p

mpd61 likes this.
  22. felony

felony MassCops Member

Exactly, the SSPA provides excellent training, however it is about as usefull as the reserve academy in getting on full time at a municipal department. I don't believe any New England states accept it as a full time academy. (VT maybe?)

woodyd and mpd61 like this.
  23. mpd61

Willing to bet CT does, and I do know that many western POST states do too!

24. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

I believe 38 states accept it, not sure which ones. NH might be one?