Good things that happened today

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by CJIS, May 20, 2010.

1. right.as.rain

right.as.rain MassCops Member

Had an awesome weekend with the family. Friday night, hubby and I had an overnight at the Marriott, including dinner and breakfast, thanks to a gift certificate from a friend. His sister stayed with the kids. Then Saturday morning, we all met up and took the ferry out to George's Island. Spent a beautiful day wandering thru Fort Warren, the old civil war fort there. Took the ferry back and wandered thru Faneuil Hall. Sunday, I took the kids to church while hubby worked. Then 2 kids went to friends' houses for a few hrs. When hubby got home, we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at Hampton Beach. The weather was perfect and the water was surprisingly mild. Just a perfect weekend! :)

2. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

It finally came down, I am getting promoted to Sergeant Supervisor Detective Squad on Monday. I have been waiting 7 years for this. Lt. money here I come!!!

grn3charlie, bok, mtc and 10 others like this.
  3. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Great news congrats!

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Awww wtf. Now I don't have anyone here to be surly and pissed off with?

Good job man, been a long time coming.

BxDetSgt likes this.
  5. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

LMAO!!! I am now a happy company man!!!

grn3charlie likes this.
  6. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

For now. Then it's just waiting for the new reasons to be pissed off. Be patient. The time will come.

BxDetSgt likes this.
  7. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I have a freezer half full of deer meat and just got a text that there's another one to go in there. Having a future son-in-law that likes to hunt is working out pretty well. One buck + one doe = lots of good food.

mtc, nemedic, FTH and 1 other person like this.
  8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

Congrats To My Grandson !!! Job Well Done !!!

[​IMG]

It's Official Congrats to you and to all that graduated!!!!

BxDetSgt, mtc, Pvt. Cowboy and 3 others like this.
  9. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

This afternoon I successfully checked off my last calendared event from my schedule, thus bringing to a close my most unexpectedly successful, eventful and exciting break I've ever had. I've hit the ground running this 2015 and can't wait to see what else comes along

ps It's been way too long since someone posted good any news in this thread, what's with that ;)

mtc and FTH like this.
  10. HistoryHound

I don't know what to tell you visible except, it was the holidays and everyone was in misery. :)

11. visible25

Headed back to college today, break has been long (and good) enough! Here's to second semester of sophomore year!

FTH likes this.
  12. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Setting out from Laramie, WY towards Denver, CO and Fort Carson to see the kids cousin. (and maybe a Goose along the way?)
    Then East - Kansas weather is forecast as sunny and lower 60's.
    Yay!!

Oh - gas out here? $1.65 !

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

FTH likes this.
  13. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Best of luck to you. Drove my daughter back to school the same day. The weather was perfect and my backache made carrying stuff up 4 flights of stairs just an absolute joy! But, she's doing well, loving school and that makes me VERY happy.

visible25 and HistoryHound like this.
  14. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

If you're looking to get goosed, I wish you all the power in the world! Plus Deval is exploring running for officer out there, so don't expect those great gas prices to last forever!

Goose and mtc like this.
  15. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Found Goose and the most adorable little gosling.
    Hit snow in PA and had to stay over... PA is worse than DCR in treating and clearing roads.

Kiddo has a job lined up, no career but it's a check, starts tomorrow. Then he starts taking civil circus tests....

16. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Went shooting with two of my boys. Scribs Jr had to fire familiarization course with his first pistol, and I wanted to toss some .556 downrange. Despite the cold, we were all smiles. I even got a compliment for my steel skills with the AR.
    Scribbles #2 son in Academy now, and # 3 sitting pretty with a 99 (he was the third shooter today). Can't wait for spring to do it again.:cool:

17. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

Getting ready to go pick up the wife at rehab and bring her home.

pahapoika, GARDA, Goose and 2 others like this.
  18. HistoryHound

I've been working with someone for quite some time on her genealogy. The problem was that she was adopted and the records are sealed. A couple months ago, I got a strong gut feeling that one of the families I was looking at had to be her family. After hours and hours and hours (ok it was weeks) of analyzing DNA matches, scouring obituaries, searching FaceBook, etc. I confirmed that we had found her birth family. Now here is the good thing: she reached out to one of the people on FaceBook (who looks a lot like her) and the person was receptive. I'm happy beyond words right now.

grn3charlie, pahapoika, mtc and 4 others like this.
  19. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

This was a few days ago, but a close friend of mine recently hit 30 years off the sauce. Threw him a surprise soberversary party. Ironically, the party was at a private room....in a bar

Sent from the dark side.

Mr Scribbles and pahapoika like this.
  20. visible25

More of a good things that happened this week:
    -Finally contracted into my ROTC program Wednesday
    -Aced two mid-terms that were worth a good chunk of my overall grade
    Finally, I'm back home for the next week and have a few good things planned for break!

(only bad thing is my FID card isn't in yet and kinda ruined plans to go to a range haha)

GoArmy14, CapeSpecial, FTH and 3 others like this.
  21. HistoryHound

Just found out that the guy who backed into my car admitted to the insurance company that he was backing up and I was stopped. I was really sweating that one knowing that he could have just as easily said I hit him and then it would be on me to fight it. Really thought I had a better shot of seeing video of Big Foot taking the Loch Ness Monster out to dinner.

22. visible25

Spend an hour and a half at the range today, felt good -shot like shit. But hey everybody starts somewhere

zm88, GARDA, FTH and 3 others like this.
  23. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

In honor of my mother who passed away in January and my dad who passed away on St. Patrick's day, 61 days after her of a broken heart after 62 years of marriage, I volunteered for meals on wheels and delivered 14 meals to the elderly folks in my neighborhood. I had some great interactions with a few of them and already scheduled another date to go deliver. Today was truly a good day for me

Kilvinsky, LGriffin, nemedic and 8 others like this.
  24. LGriffin

LGriffin Supporting Member

Today I realized that Massachusetts finally grew a set!
    Ball one dropped last year when my conservative vote finally counted in the gubernatorial election and ball two dropped today for justice. Keep it up, MA! You might grow some chest hairs soon.;)

zm88, Mr Scribbles, Kilvinsky and 6 others like this.
  25. visible25

Today I officially completed my sophomore year of college and watched as my two best friends of the last two years commission as 2nd LTs in the Army. Lots of good things coming up for me this summer, including an awesome LE internship.

And finally, I have piece of mind with the penalty decision today.

Overall a good, yet bittersweet, day