Good things that happened today

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by CJIS, May 20, 2010.

1. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

Just saved myself from the biggest mistake of my life. Got rid of a major expense of both time and money. Showed up at my (now former) girlfriend's house to pick her up for trivia night. Walked in on her and her apparently not-so-ex-boyfriend. Walked out, called and cancelled the order for the ring I was having made. Kind of a shitty day, but I figure the good things are that I've got nor money for the vacation/toy fund, and that I found out before I tied the knot.

Sent from the dark side.

donpilot, pahapoika, zm88 and 4 others like this.
  2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Better now than later.

donpilot and nemedic like this.
  3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Holy shit.

Though shitty, better you find this out now, than after you dropped all kinds of dough on a ring.

On the bright side, this now means you get to go crush some strange!

donpilot and nemedic like this.
  4. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

Going to NYC 1st week of June. Nothing like some out of town strange.

Sent from the dark side.

5. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

I'm sure it hurts, definitely better now than after!

nemedic likes this.
  6. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Scribs' #2 graduates from the Academy in a mere few weeks, and Scribs #3 got his card and is beginning the process. It's nice to see him motivated again, after getting boned by the military, he was a little down. He's actually listened to his older brothers and has started working out hard to be ready if/when he gets the call.

zm88, mtc, Kilvinsky and 6 others like this.
  7. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I can't agree with the others enough. If she doesn't appreciate you, she doesn't deserve you. You're much better off moving on and finding someone who does.

nemedic likes this.
  8. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

Wow! You actually caught them in the act?!? It seems like you were able to keep yourself in check and not do anything stupid. Good self control!

Channel that rage into motivation to go out and have some fun. Just don't mix sorrow with alcohol if you're feeling particularly down. Go on a cruise and meet some women on your ship. Cruise ships are like Vegas at sea and women tend to use them for girls trips, but not many guys do the same. So the odds of making a friend are in your favor. You can find solo cruiser specials so you don't have to pay for two people just to have your own cabin on Vacationstogo.com. Or bring a buddy and share a cabin and work out a deal if one of you need privacy.

I really think you dodged a bullet. I had the opportunity to get hitched a couple times and although it was difficult letting two great women go on with their lives without me, because they wanted to get married, I think I made the best decision for myself at the time. Unless you absolutely have your heart set on having the traditional family life with kids, marriage is usually a very bad deal for men. Especially when things go wrong. In fact, it can be one of the worst financial decisions you can make in your life unless it is something you absolutely want.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    nemedic likes this.
  9. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

Didn't make it inside the house. There's a big bay window in the living room, and the lights had silhouetted them..... (Think that scene from Old School where Will Farrell comes home and sees his wife in the BJ class)
    As far as not doing anything stupid, I'd rather not flush any hope of working in LE down the drain with a DV charge.
    Ended up just changing plans to beers and some cigars with a buddy last night.

zm88, Goose, FourInchFury and 4 others like this.
  10. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sucks to hear that bro. Greener pastures await you my friend.

nemedic likes this.
  11. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

I'd prefer pinker, but thanks. Waiting for the beginning of August to come around. Thinking a week or so in LV should work wonders.

12. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Just found out our squad is going to recieve a unit citation for our work in 2014. The unit had a closure rate over 90% in 2014 (we caught over 100)!!! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication guys, you truly are "The Greatest Detectives in the World!!!" The world and the city are better because of the work that you do. I am so proud to be associated with such a dedicated group of men and women. Stay safe and carry on.

zm88, mtc, Kilvinsky and 6 others like this.
  13. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

Congrats.

Sent from the dark side.

14. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

That was yesterday.

On the anniversary of my daughter's passing, a family member of a victim brought me a basket filled with cookies, snacks and what not. Small things that make me feel there is still a good reason to love my job regardless of how hard that may be sometimes.

pahapoika, zm88, mtc and 9 others like this.
  15. Kilvinsky

There are no sadder anniversaries than the loss of a child. I visit my sister's grave fairly frequently. I was 14 when she was born pre-maturely and lived only 2 weeks. I never got to meet her, but it still had a hell of an impact on me and of course on my parents. I can somewhat feel the pain you're feeling. God Bless.

grn3charlie likes this.
  16. grn3charlie

grn3charlie No! My teeth are real. See?

Hey my friend. Sorry I haven't been logging on as much in the past year so I'm just seeing this. Belated congrats to you. So, with these many months gone by, how has it worked out?

BxDetSgt likes this.
  17. grn3charlie

Not to be all mushy but, that's beautiful. Hope you are well.

18. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Living the dream brother!

grn3charlie likes this.
  19. grn3charlie

Like a boss!!

Get it? See what I did there? Crickets?? Aww, fuck all y'all bitches.

BxDetSgt and mtc like this.
  20. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

Lots of good things recently happening! Began seeing somebody, and so far it's going well, finally have an apartment for school next year in the good ol' 914 (NY), gtten to the range quite frequently, I leave tomorrow for a month of Drill with a reserve unit I've never met before, should be an interested experience although I'll be in and out of communication until July, AND I've got an awesome internship lined up for when I come home.

LGriffin likes this.
  21. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

What's his name?

;)

wwonka, mtc, Grant and 5 others like this.
  22. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

Wise ass.

23. Kilvinsky

I have a pulse, I haven't been fired and I can still remember things, like how to type. So, what site is this again?

24. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

Had a great night the other night watching some friends from the 84th play ball at the not so evil empire's Yankee stadium. Didn't get arrested, sent to he hospital, and managed to work the next day with nothing more than a minor headache. Now I'm just hoping that "what happens in New York stays in New York."

Mr Scribbles, mtc and BxDetSgt like this.
  25. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

That was you, we know all that happens in our backyard. You are hereby granted a MC pardon.