Good things that happened today

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by CJIS, May 20, 2010.

1. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

FIFY

Mr Scribbles and right.as.rain like this.
  2. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

The nasty rotten "tree" in front of my house is finally coming down. It only took years of arguing with the tree warden for someone to look at it and agree that it was coming down sooner or later. Now I don't have to worry about the branches landing on my car in the next storm or worse the damn thing crashing into the house.

This "tree" was barely still a tree. The Charlie Brown Christmas tree was healthier than thins thing.

mtc likes this.
  3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Had that happen to me. Remember that freak ice/snow storm on Halloween a few years back? All the leaves were on the trees still... Well the tree in my front yard came crashing into my house, punched a hole through my roof. Mtc saw me in my hungover glory on the news the next day...

mtc likes this.
  4. Pvt. Cowboy

Had an offer letter in my email before I left Kalamazoo airport after my fourth interview.

Moving north to NH for a pay raise? I'm in.

BxDetSgt, mtc, GARDA and 5 others like this.
  5. right.as.rain

right.as.rain MassCops Member

Hubby worked 78 hrs this week... Hooray for a weekend off! :)

Sent from my wicked smaht Droid Maxx

BxDetSgt likes this.
  6. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Im happy for you dude. Let me know when you get big time and need an 80k a year coffee fetcher

7. Dan Stark

No really a good thing.... but could be youtube material. Drinking at buddies house and chainsaw came out. Will update with links if this gets to: "Turn down for what" levels

8. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Just remember how most stories that start with "we was drinkin' some beers and all of a sudden..........." turn out. ;)

9. Dan Stark

He's been advised. Useless. Ive got CATs in my car. We're going all in apparently

10. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

As skeptical as I remain about negotiating through a third party (Qatar) for the release today of US Army POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's 'capture' by the Taliban almost 5 yrs. ago, in-exchange for five of their detained scum-combatants held at GITMO...
    My otherly-self could not be happier for the Bergdahl family and all of their friends who have waited so very long while wondering if they would ever hug him again. They will.

11. Pvt. Cowboy

I hope we double-cross them somehow.

mtc, Johnny Law, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  12. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Hellfire missles are always an option. ;)

Johnny Law, FTH, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  13. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

My daughter became a High School graduate. Yup, I'm a proud Dad.

pahapoika, BxDetSgt, mtc and 9 others like this.
  14. visible25

You'll only worry more from here on out o_O

mtc, FTH and kwflatbed like this.
  15. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I know it, oh GOD do I know it. My wife kept saying how she wants my daughter to have the "college experience." My reply has always been, I've worked too damn long at a college...I DON'T WANT HER TO HAVE THE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE! I lost.

....and thanks for all the LIKES! :)

BxDetSgt, HistoryHound and visible25 like this.
  16. right.as.rain

right.as.rain MassCops Member

After a very active day outside, all 4 kiddos are bathed and in bed by 7:15pm, while hubby and I snuggle on the couch waiting for Game Of Thrones. :D

Sent from my wicked smaht Droid Maxx

17. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

After 2 years and 27 days, I'm back at work! The docs would only clear me for 1/2 days, but I'll take it. There have been people that have been hired, worked and left that I never even knew their names. Took me 12 hours to clear out my dept email, got a new G22 issued, and found out a new guy in Crime Scene took all my equipment. I've been assured that when I'm full duty, all brand new cameras and equipment will be ordered for my homecoming. So I got that going for me....

pahapoika, visible25, Hush and 12 others like this.
  18. Pvt. Cowboy

Congrats bro. Glad you're back at it!

Johnny Law likes this.
  19. visible25

Haven't decided if this is good news or not, but...

my new summer position at the hospital entails working day, evening, overnights and weekend shifts, so in a way I'm just like all of you :rolleyes:

20. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

It will suck, but it will pay off when you can put on your resume, state in interviews, and check the box on some applications that you have shift work experience.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!

visible25, GARDA and zm88 like this.
  21. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

The more I read about this story, the more it seems like we traded five of the most dangerous terrorist leaders in the world for a deserter at best, and a traitor at worst. Not to mention the Americans that have given their lives while looking for him. There is something very disturbing about this and Bergdalh's father's apparent sympathy towards the Taliban just adds to my uneasy feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtc, zm88, HistoryHound and 2 others like this.
  22. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I realize the danger of judging a book by its cover, but his father and him look like the Taliban equivalents of Vanilla Ice.

pahapoika, zm88, HistoryHound and 4 others like this.
  23. LGriffin

LGriffin Supporting Member

Congratulations!
    I look forward to reading your posts in Random stuff that pisses you off.

Johnny Law likes this.
  24. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Congratulations.

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

Johnny Law likes this.
  25. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly MassCops Member

after 6.5 years behind the walls, I completed my first day with a different state agency not constantly having to look over my shoulder (yet).