Good things that happened today

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by CJIS, May 20, 2010.

1. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

ALWAYS take a peek - head on a swivel ! Especially working for the State!

2. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Wasn't today, but thought it was worthwhile...

Signed my offer letter this weekend. After 14 years of working in and around automotive finance and banking, I'm finally done.

pahapoika, visible25, mtc and 6 others like this.
  3. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly MassCops Member

i hear ya, just have to keep my head down and dodge any future federal indictments. CYA in full effect.

mtc likes this.
  4. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Had a very interesting phone call today, and may get a unique opportunity as a regional firearms affiliate for a cutting edge training company.

Its a good sign when they say: perfect fit and resume in same sentence. Crossing fingers

5. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Apparently I'm one of the old guys now because I was just handed the keys to a brand new cruiser.

I went from a crown Vic with 3 good tires to a fully decked out interceptor sedan with a new light package.

Need to drive like an old lady because new cars are always crash magnets

6. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

If it makes you feel better, my last car had a non-functional siren, no spotlight, takedowns that were pointed...down, and went from zero to 35 in about ten seconds. ;)

Herrdoktor and Mr Scribbles like this.
  7. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

My youngest daughter just found out that she passed her last MTEL. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! It's always nice when your kids are succeeding in what they want to do. My other daughter was recently recognized for work she did with one of her students.

FTH and mtc like this.
  8. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Gave my notice today... And start officially on Monday in medical. Fuckin pumped.

Comedy: Being pumped about a job on a law enforcement forum, that's not actually a job anywhere remotely close to law enforcement.

FTH, pahapoika, brk120 and 7 others like this.
  9. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

The good thing that happened to me today is that I found my way back! Hello all! Busy day today as the mister is here for good and we're busy celebrating Father's Day - but I hope all is well with everyone. Speak to you soon!

mtc, Tango_Sierra, GARDA and 6 others like this.
  10. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

Welcome Back !!!

11. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

we brought a code back to life. two zaps form the AED and she was talking on the way out to the ambulance.

12. mtc

Congrats to you and the Mister !! Hope you're feeling better - princess must be close to voting age! ;)

13. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

after 7+ months I finally get to see my sister, flying to DC to spend the weekend with her

mtc, FTH and right.as.rain like this.
  14. right.as.rain

right.as.rain MassCops Member

Have fun! Hope Arthur doesn't ruin your weekend.

15. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    :D

16. visible25

Really hoping he doesn't mess anything up, especially my very nice (late) flight tonight

There will be plenty of pictures, just not on here :cool:

17. mtc

I love it when the kids listen to their elders... nicely played kid!

visible25 and FTH like this.
  18. visible25

I try to take a few things from the elders every now and again! Also I care about what kind of career I want

mtc likes this.
  19. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

After a fee months PT, just got word I'm getting the FT dispatch gig I put in for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

visible25, grn3charlie and mtc like this.
  20. right.as.rain

right.as.rain MassCops Member

Yesterday I officially started a position to get my foot in the door politically. I've met a lot of great GOP candidates over the last few months, I've made a lot of contacts, and I've learned a lot about campaigning. After a successful event last night, I'm excited and encouraged about what's to come. It's going to take a lot of hard work to turn this state around for the better, but this year is the best chance we've had in a very long time. I'm beyond thrilled to be a part of it!

Johnny Law, GARDA, mtc and 5 others like this.
  21. grn3charlie

grn3charlie No! My teeth are real. See?

Been working alot of OT lately and haven't had much tie to spend with the family. Wife got to have a day out with one of her friends and I took the kids to get their haircuts. What I did not tell them was that we were going to Dairy Queen after and I got a little alone time with them. They didn't fight and were genuinely appreciative of the side trip.

Johnny Law, GARDA, nemedic and 2 others like this.
  22. visible25

Just got an email telling me I might be in the running for a full tuition scholarship that guarantees me being sent to the Reserves/National Guard right after commissioning. Perfect for me since that's the path I want

23. Goose

I spent part of the weekend trying to get the damn refrigerator fixed and I checked every single part and did everything I could short of adding refrigerant to it. Finally picked up a line tap today and added some refrigerant and it started cooling normally again. Bonus is that I only had to spend $4 since I already had refrigerant and a gauge set in the garage. :D

Some weekend projects have to wait until Monday for stores to be open.

24. grn3charlie

grn3charlie No! My teeth are real. See?

So not to sound like a dope (but I will). Is freon the refrigerant for the fridge and did you add R134? Or, I'm guessing you have an HVAC background and can access that stuff?

25. Goose

The refrigerator was made in 2006 and uses R134a...apparently a lot of refrigerators and freezers are using it now. I usually keep a couple of cans in the garage. :) If I was in a pinch and couldn't get any, I would just use propane instead. ;)

grn3charlie likes this.