Has Anyone Heard Anything on NH cities hiring?

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by ohhdom, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ohhdom

ohhdom MassCops Member

I know there's a test every few months or so, and i've been searching the forum. Looks like its been a while since someone posted here.. so i just wanted to double check if anyone has been keeping an eye out or if they've heard anything on NH cities/towns hiring? Please be kind enough to share any information you may have.. Im constantly checking Nashua, Pelham, Merrimack, Hudson, Salem, Concord, and Manchester

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine Infidel

Look farther north.

3. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

Great bay police testing is a good start. Get your name on the list.

4. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

Take the great bay and expand your options.

5. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

Indeed.com NH loves to post openings there. Also, even though it may not be advertised, send in resume and cover letter to ones your interested in. I will say make sure your physical fitness requirements are doable. Most NH departments do this first then move into the process. Also, Google NHLGC. local government center. Go under employment ads for municipality. They post there too. Any questions feel free to reach out.

6. Ringmassa

Ringmassa MassCops Member

Manchester is having a test May 18th

7. JP1209PA

JP1209PA MassCops Member

Of course Nashua PD is testing April 13, 2013.... I've sent my application in, check was cashed by Nashua PD... Still waiting to receive information on the test location and time. Not like it's coming up in a day or so...

8. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

Have you tested with NHSP?

9. JP1209PA

JP1209PA MassCops Member

I have not... But they do have a test coming up July 20, 2013...

But spoke with a recruiter this afternoon and all information was obtained. Just expanding my options since MA is such a difficult field to break into. It seems NH has better options and no civil service.

10. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Great bay test

11. JP1209PA

JP1209PA MassCops Member

Just took that test 2 weeks ago.

12. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I've taken it twice and usually get letters before I even get the score back.

13. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

GB test is a good way to get on. Separate testing from pd's are good too

14. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Gonna play the game in Manch-Vegas next month...

15. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

Yeah I got an orientation email. Outstanding dept. and very squared away. They hold an in-house academy plus the NH FT academy.

16. NHPaul4

NHPaul4 MassCops Member

The Gorham, NH Police Department is currently accepting resumes. Anyone looking to get hired in NH, a tip is to look onto the states police academy website; it's called New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council. The state usually offers 3 academies a year, each 14 weeks long. For people who are out of state certified, the state is generally gracious for accepting out of state academies. All you would have to do is complete a law package that they offer. Unfortunately, the state does not allow anyone to pay for the academy out of pocket. Everyone has to be hired by a pd first. The local smaller pd's in the state usually have their tests about two months before an academy starts

JP1209PA and Code 3 like this.
  17. NEPS

NEPS MassCops Member

18. LFOD603

LFOD603 MassCops Member

19. NHPaul4

NHPaul4 MassCops Member

The City of Berlin is hiring