Historic Police Photos

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by Rock, Mar 27, 2012.

1. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

2. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Right before he merged them all and pissed everyone off ;)

Delta784 and Kilvinsky like this.
  3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I could see the Capitol with the Mets and maybe the Registry with the State, but I drew the line there. Too bad MY influence was ignored, as usual. I tell ya, if the people running this country would only listen to ME......

I just like to think all the radio issues were finally solved.

Who else here remembers that oh so brief period where there were some ALL WHITE MSP cruisers???

4. Kilvinsky

Obie, that link was amazing. I couldn't get over how many photos there were. Someone is doing a nice job keeping the history of the department going.

5. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

That merger was such a shit show. The badge bunnies were quite confused for the next few years. Never understood why so many Troopers had the initials RT.

Kilvinsky likes this.
  6. MetPolicePhotos

MetPolicePhotos MassCops Member

Per the back side of the photo on ebay: Howie Croxton (MCP), William Cederquist (MSP) Gary Cedarquist (RMV) (they are brothers)and Joe Scuziano (MDC)

Kilvinsky likes this.
  7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

January 1965 (my mother was pregnant with me at the time) - Quincy PD Patrolmen Daniel Lyon (L) and John Mulligan (R) at the scene of a bank robbery where $100,000 was stolen.

Mulligan retired as a lieutenant before I got on, but I met him at several social events over the years....those who worked for him raved about him.

1965.jpg

MetPolicePhotos likes this.
  8. Kilvinsky

The major difference between a "LEADER" and a "BOSS". Anyone can be a boss and are either soon forgotten or forever hated. Only leaders are remembered fondly and celebrated.

I can think of two people at my job who will be forever hated long after they leave (if that ever happens).

I recall a friend of mine getting on a job southwest of Boston. One of his first nights on, his training officer took him to the cemetary where the former chief was buried. The exited the car, approached the grave and the TO SPIT right on the grave. "That's what I think of HIM!" He then went on to tell the guy how lucky he was to have missed that chief's admin.

frank and Delta784 like this.
  9. Kilvinsky

[​IMG]
    "You locked the keys in the car again, didn't you?" "Uh, yeah, kinda, BUT, it's snowing and I....ah shit."

Sorry Bruce, I HAD to. You don't understand these urges inside of me......:oops:

USMCMP5811, frank and Delta784 like this.
  10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I once locked the keys in the cruiser (before they were keyed alike) with the engine running and a prisoner in the back.

11. Kilvinsky

No prisoner, but yeah, I did it too. I was on an alarm call. Had just cleared and the alarm came in again. The shift was essentially over so to say the least, I was NOT a happy camper. I got out of the car, threw the door shut (not a slam for a change) and stormed towards the building, keys in hand, ah, but NOT the cruiser keys which I suddenly realized about 10 steps from the car. I had to wait for the DAY shift to bring a spare set down because for reasons unknown, we've NEVER had all the cars keyed the same!

12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Before ours were keyed alike (one of the best things we ever did), it sucked when you got home (it seemed like it was always after a last half) and the phone rang, with the desk sergeant asking if you took the cruiser key home. You had to go back to the station, which really sucked, as you had to be back in for a first half in less than 8 hours (first/last schedule).

Now, I carry 2 cruiser keys...one for the ignition, and the other is on a ring with my entry fob, a long handcuff key, and the key to the gates at Faxon Park. Once I turn on the cruiser, I leave it running....when I get out, I engage the gearshift lock and lock the doors with the engine running.

lofu and Kilvinsky like this.
  13. grn3charlie

grn3charlie No! My teeth are real. See?

OMG, I can't believe I did not recognize Joe Scunziano. He was my platoon Sgt. for a time and then my First Sgt. Good guy. He had been promoted out of my unit but made sure to be at the airport when we shipped out for Bosnia.

dano448 likes this.
  14. MetPolicePhotos

15. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Holy crap, is that Castro? He's got a cigar...

16. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

No it's actually Gabe Kapler.

Welcome back!

HousingCop, dano448 and Kilvinsky like this.
  17. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Nope, it's Fidel allright, and I wonder what the dear leader would think about one of his idols smoking around American youth? Or any of the other Libs for that matter!

18. Kilvinsky

Thoughts- Left to Right:

"I am NOT happy about this BULLSHIT. This commie pile of crap shouldn't even BE here, never mind trying to brainwash these people."

"I'm not happy. I wonder if I look like I'm not happy. I think I do. Whatever, I'm going along with my boss on this one."

"That blond in the third row is sure pretty. I think I'm smitten. Sigh. I'm so damn bored and tired. When will this idiot shut up so I can go home?"

"Hmmm, this guy in interesting. I can't say I like his politics, but this is a rather interesting story."

Fidel: "So, first we ran up to the palace of President Batista and we find he's not even there. So we go in and find his dining room all set for dinner. His montuno is sitting already dished out for his guests. I try the first bowl and I say, 'Aye ya ya, this is muy caliente.' Then I try the next and say, 'Se formo, this is muy frio.' THEN, I try Batista's and say, 'Juntos pero no revueltos, Esto es justo!' which means, I liked it. Then we went up to the luxurious bed rooms and...."

USMCMP5811, ShmitDiesel and Delta784 like this.
  19. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

I'm digging on the old salt campaign ribbons on the Capt. Looks like he may be wearing jump wings also, Ssgt looks like he might be wearing some fruit salad too.

20. dano448

dano448 Supporting Member

They all look thrilled to be there!

21. MetPolicePhotos

Flickr.com Boston Public Library Archives MDC Police 1930s Airplane Crash.jpg

22. MetPolicePhotos

23. Kilvinsky

Here we see the first two attempts by my department to have an air wing to cover the entire campus as well as properties beyond the local area.

To this day, no other attempts have been made.

It should be noted that both pilots and observers walked away with minor cuts and bruises yet with egos that were D.O.A.

The guy in the bottom picture with the white shirt on the Officer's left: "Yeah, sure take your damn picture, but it's MY garage!" Then the deep pockets of the university sucked him in and his heirs now own Dover.

24. MetPolicePhotos

Chicago Sun Times Archives via ebay.
    MDC Police 1947 Officer Pettingill MDC Police 1947 Pettingill at Range.jpg

Delta784 likes this.
  25. MetPolicePhotos

stm4710 likes this.
  26. Kilvinsky

"Ok, let's see if I got this straight; this little thing goes in here but round end or flat end first? Hmmm, no, NOT in the long part, in the spinny part in one of those holes. But which hole? Dammit, it was so easy when we used flintlocks, this shit is for the birds."

[​IMG]