Historic Police Photos

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by Rock, Mar 27, 2012.

1. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Its an older Worcester Police cruiser.

2. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

[​IMG]

Comfy bench seats that made one slide to the other side of the car in, tight turns.. Good ride, except for the loud ass siren wailing over your head.... I think I wheeled #50 for a lil bit before the CV.. sigh.......

3. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Thanks OSHA...

4. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

Fast as a mofo, too.
    I think there's a whole generation of us with hearing loss from those overhead sirens.
    Or maybe it was the Oingo Boingo concerts.

BxDetSgt, USMCMP5811 and Delta784 like this.
  5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Ah, the days of the bench seats, when it was far more comfortable to work the overnight. Damn consoles suck.

Delta784 likes this.
  6. Kilvinsky

Here's a historic photo from my OWN collection. I know a few will recognize the two fine looking gentlemen in this photo.

MCCPD.jpg

Delta784 likes this.
  7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

You got me.....what department?

8. grn3charlie

grn3charlie No! My teeth are real. See?

UMASS Boston?

9. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 108K+Poster

Further south, like Brockton ??

10. Kilvinsky

Massasoit Community College sometime in the mid 80s. On the left is Tom Finnegan, then sergeant and John Ward who, from what I've heard, essentially MADE that department. Two great guys.

25 points to KW!

11. grn3charlie

I think that we are both wrong. I zoomed in on the pic and it looks like it says Harvard at the top of the seal on the car door.

12. grn3charlie

Shit. I got interrupted will typing and sent it after. Only to look like a big dope.

13. Kilvinsky

So, that post goes back a few months, but in rereading it I gotta relate a similar event we had a few weeks back. A guy was going berzerk and after a stand off, a brief foot chase and a bit of a tussle, he was subdued by our guys. Seems he may have partaken in an illegal substance, but that's secondary.

As the boys fough with him, one of them figured a strike to his leg with a baton might help. He raised the ASP and brought it down. At that same moment, one of the other guys FLIPPED the suspect over a bit, thus removing the target from the path of the ASP but leaving his own leg exposed.

The 'victim' was out of work for a week. The 'suspect' was subdued with little other effort. The striking officer has take a HUGE amount of crap, good naturedly I might add.

Delta784 likes this.
  14. Kilvinsky

I would NEVER call you a BIG dope! :rolleyes:

grn3charlie likes this.
  15. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

You might want to call your eye doctor and schedule an appointment...I looked at the pic and it looks like Massasoit to me. :)

grn3charlie likes this.
  16. MetPolicePhotos

MetPolicePhotos MassCops Member

17. Kilvinsky

The look on the officer holding the gun SCREAMS for a sarcastic caption, but I'M rushing off to work so.....

lofu likes this.
  18. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

"Yes O'Brien, someday all coppers will carry weapons much like this one instead of the .32 Police Positive revolver you have now. And ladies will become policemen too, dress like you, and walk the beat beside you.
    But that's all a long way off lad. Now lets duck in to O'Leary's after roll call for a taste, shall we? It'll keep the chill off for the rest of the night."

BxDetSgt, dano448, mtc and 4 others like this.
  19. Kilvinsky

Picture them being campus cops.

"Did you get caught with THIS? I'm a little surprised at you. Don't you know we work in a nice safe bubble where violent crime does not happen? Where criminals respect property lines and would never harm a student and students all respect each other? Really, this is disappointing. Now, let's get to investigating that panty raid we heard some scuttlebutt about. A gun....sheesh, you're really out there Jackson, a dangerous man."

niteowl1970, USMCMP5811 and Delta784 like this.
  20. MetPolicePhotos

MetPolicePhotos MassCops Member

21. Kilvinsky

For all who've seen "Naked Gun" or who find "Killer Queen" a really irritating song.......
    MSP 1963 Lt Col Zuk.jpg

BxDetSgt, 7costanza, lofu and 4 others like this.
  22. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Looks like he's wearing a jetpack...with cannelures.

23. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Ya got me, coppers!!!

Giveup.jpg

24. Kilvinsky

That photo makes me think of how it must have been in the OLD days. (Yea, I would guess that pic is from the mid to late 70s-not THAT old) Just yesterday I was visiting my folks and we sort of watched an old Boston Blackie movie. In one scene the suspected killer has climbed out the 2nd floor window and down to a car. The Inspector walks in, sees the open window runs over and as the car speeds off, he fires two rounds! REALLY?!?!

Anyone recall the scene in "It's a Wonderful Life" where George has just socked Bert the Cop and as he runs down the crowded street, Bert fires at least ONE shot at him?

Wow, today you have to almost be dying due to wounds to justify shooting anyone, back then, the mere threat was enough to plug someone. Yeah, it was the movies, but no doubt there was SOME truth to it.

25. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

It just occurred to me that the suspect in the last picture I posted looks like Mitt Romney.