Historic Police Photos

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by Rock, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Up until the 70's, we had a Lewis Machine Gun in our armory;

[​IMG]

2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Not nearly as cool, but I got to visit the armory of a department out here yesterday and they had full auto M14's in the vault.

3. MetPolicePhotos

MetPolicePhotos MassCops Member

37_1_12_0000041A.jpg Chicago Sun Times Archives, Concord Prison 37_1_12_0000041A.jpg

4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Our armory had a Smith & Wesson .32 revolver. It was quite rusted. There was also an old shotgun. I didn't realize double barrelled shotguns were for law enforcement use or that a slingshot with a laser sight was do-able.

No, we don't have an armory. :( We DO have our own range...at least until the building it's in gets torn down in a few months.

I DO love the above picture of the Troopers on thier way to break up a drinking party in Wampatuck State Park. Those beer cans won't get away at all! "If WE can't have 'em, NO ONE CAN!"

BxDetSgt likes this.
  5. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

6. Kilvinsky

Are the rest of you "LIKING" HousingCops post, or his signature? I'm going with both myself, but I'm not sure about the rest of you perverts.

Is this what is meant by TOUGH TITTIES?

HousingCop likes this.
  7. MetPolicePhotos

8. MetPolicePhotos

9. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

Ummmmm, mom...... I crashed the Studebaker and now that mean old State cop is making me miss the prom. Can you call dads lawyer?

10. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

The only difference I see is they had hair back then.

11. Rock

Rock Undefined

I cant imagine working in those class A uniforms

12. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I think the kid in the tux got smart mouth with the trooper and then was taught a valuable life lesson.

13. Kilvinsky

"OK, it says here that if we turn the third button from the left to the left, NO, RIGHT, then throw this switch up, then...aw come on guys, the Sox ain't gonna win the Series this year, is this radio shit really worth it? Let's just go down to Duffy's and listen to it on the Philco like we normally do."

[​IMG]

14. Kilvinsky

"Well Mom, it's like this. I wised off to a State Trooper and the car was wrecked. Well, KIND OF in that order. I had an accident and then when the Statie..TROOPER, TROOPER showed up, I got a little flip and well, he couldn't have been nicer. No, I didn't go to the hospital yet. Yeah, I DID get mouthy again, but the Sta...TROOPER said I had to go back to the Barracks to help with the investigation, then if needed, I can go to the hospital. Jennie, oh, she was decapitated at the scene, but Mom, you don't get it, I'm 'helping' the Troopers with....shut up? Ok. Sure. I'll call you again from the hospital. My left wrist is broken but I can still use the right. I have to go now, the Sta....shit, TROOPER is getting impatient. Could you call Jennie's parents for me? DRINKING? No, not much....ok, sorry Mom. Bye."

[​IMG]

USMCMP5811, frank and LawMan3 like this.
  15. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

A first gen leaf blower?

USMCMP5811 and frank like this.
  16. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

My National Guard unit had one, it's a tear gas fogger, which is kind of like a gasoline driven leaf blower, but it emits a constant cloud of tear gas instead of air. They're better than tear gas grenades because the gas cloud can't be thrown back at you, and it will run as long as there is gasoline and tear gas liquid on-board. You just have to make sure that you're upwind of your targets.

17. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

very important indeed. found that out the hard way in training :cool:

Delta784 likes this.
  18. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

As one of my drill sergeants used to love to say, "Privates, the lessons you learn the hardest are the ones you remember the best".

LawMan3, frank, MSP75 and 3 others like this.
  19. Kilvinsky

20. MetPolicePhotos

10.10.1974.South.Boston, Chicago Sun Times Archives. 1_14D_img0833A.jpg

21. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I love how he's leaning back while using it too. It leaves no doubt that this was before modern firearms training and LIDAR. :)

22. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Fedora.jpg

LawMan3 likes this.
  23. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Note the classic wooden "batons" in Met's photo. They were AWESOME, you usualy only had to hit the shitbird once and down he went...not like those collapsable pieces of crap we're issued now. I was classically trained in the "Lamb" method way back in the day, and a lamb was what they turned into immediately after delivery, Oh the good ole days

Kilvinsky and Johnny Law like this.
  24. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Another officer and I were assigned the task of cleaning out the supply closet and shit canning all the old equipment, taking it to the dump and "certifying" that it was thrown into a deep hole and covered by a bulldozer with earth.

I rescued an unused, still freshly lacquered and shiny stick from an ignominius end. I also kept my old, three foot long riot baton (made of some dense wood like maple or mahogany) and plan on mounting it on the wall at some point. For now, Mrs. Law likes the regular baton to be by the front door, "just in case".

Mr Scribbles and Kilvinsky like this.
  25. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

NICE! I still have mine (and a spare) in my shed, awaiting enshrinement in the man cave.

Johnny Law and Kilvinsky like this.