Quantcast

How bad is your districT court?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Meat Eater, May 2, 2012.

1. Meat Eater MassCops Member

I just had a jury find a man guilty of violating an HPO order. He was found guilty of driving by the front of the woman house who had the order against. She lives on side street no where near the suspect. The order says he has to stay 100 yards away from the woman and he has to stay away from her house and work place. The defence said the order didn't say how far away he had to stay from the residence. The judge over turned the guilty verdict and said that the order should've had a distance he had to stay away from the residence on it. The judge was the one who wrote the HPO order. My court is a joke!:mad:
  2. CJIS MassCops Member

Wow that is bad.
  3. sdb29 MassCops Member

I know of an OUI case in my District Court that was a bench trial. Case was dismissed. From the bench the judge said he was dismissing it because the arresting officers were out of their division when they made the arrest.
    Not out of town, just in the wrong geographic area of the city.

Next!
  4. Deuce screw you...

It's Assachusetts, they all suck. Unless the courts screw up something that happened to YOU, who gives a fuck?
  5. trueblue MassCops Member

I love my district court....everytime I go there it's 4 hours minimum. I got over being upset at the outcome of the cases along time ago. I did my job and I can't make others do theirs.
    Jeepy, LA Copper, GARDA and 5 others like this.
  6. Tuna Always entertained

Bounced a guy out of a state park, well after hours telling him the hours of operation. Wrote a NC under the CMR. Clown took it to court and won because it wasn't posted. Judge said I needed to hang a sign. I told him I didn't work for the park but would see what I could do. (the horror, the horror of it all. Apocalypse Now 1979)
  7. Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit

Tell the Judge that it would be more expedient and work better if you just hung him.
  8. Foxy85 MassCops Member

My district court still does public hangings.....So its really bad down here.
  9. Delta784 Guest

Mine is Quincy District CWOF. I mean Quincy District Court.

I have among the best arrest numbers for my department every year, solely because of the shift and area I work, but in the last 3 1/2 years, I've been to court exactly ONE time for a criminal trial, because EVERYTHING that doesn't get kicked-up to superior court is either CWOF'ed or dismissed. I've had more court time in other courts on probation surrenders than I have in my district court for my arrests....it's beyond a pathetic joke.

So.....I win. What is the prize?
    Jeepy, mtc, cousteau and 1 other person like this.
  10. Meat Eater MassCops Member

The story gets better. The judge let the guy go after he was convicted while she made up her mind. She took 3 weeks to make up her mind. The guy is a suspect in four house breaks during that time. We grabbed him with one of the stolen lap tops 2 days before the judge over turned the jury verdict.
  11. TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

Orange District Court...OUI .22 on the BT. Case dismissed because the marked lane violation didn't put anyone else in danger because no one else was on the road.
  12. niteowl1970 Big In Japan

Northampton District Court... Nuff said.

[IMG]
    LGriffin likes this.
  13. Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit

Was that ruling from Judge Richard "Dick" Carey? Dick Dick Carey before Dick Carey dicks you.
  14. Harley387 MassCops Member

I had one in Orange. .20 and a pocket full of drugs. 3 rd offense. Falling down drunk. All on video. Dismissed because even though we had numerous traffic violations, I didn't cite him for them. THey were in the report, AND on video. Just not on the citation.
  15. TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

Nope judge Davis "toss" Ross. The same judge that scolded a trooper on the stand because when he introduced himself to the jury he said my name is trooper...Which promptly lead to a whoah whoah whoah your mother didn't give you the name trooper.
  16. Delta784 Guest

At least you made it to a motions hearing or trial....EVERYTHING that isn't headed to superior court at QDC is either CWOF'ed or dismissed. Some young hard-charger reporter could probably win a boat-load of journalism awards if they did some digging.
    adroitcuffs, USMCMP5811 and mtc like this.
  17. Harley387 MassCops Member

I've been saying for years, that we don't need all this BS reform for laws. What we need is to reform the appointing of Judges. Make them accountable. THEN you will see reform happen as if by magic.
    adroitcuffs likes this.
  18. adroitcuffs Subscribing Member

I "give a fuck" because ultimately, it affects the quality of life for all of us.

13B, Jeepy, LA Copper and 5 others like this.
  19. SinePari Needs more complaints

At least you have the option of umm, not "working" in Orange DC's area. It appears not much has changed since when I was up that way. Luckily, there are four other courts in your area. Not so lucky for the other PDs that have to use Orange DC. Just swing the road out west, but drag any of your mv stops back over the Phillipston town line.

I've been very fortunate to have mild success in Worcester District and Superior. I like the fact that there there are over a dozen judges and I've gotten a fair shake from most of them. There's always going to be one or two hug-a-thug judges everywhere. If so, get your court card signed and move out smartly.
    TopCop24 likes this.
  20. ShmitDiesel Radio

I bet his mother didn't give him the name "judge" either.
  21. TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

I can only imagine what would have been said if the trooper replied with that....
    LawMan3 likes this.
  22. trueblue MassCops Member

Here's one option that a whinning judge might use:

"I'm holding you in contempt of court" Translation-"you hurt my feelings"
  23. Delta784 Guest

One of my moles at the courthouse told me that she was absolutely stunned when she heard that cops call her "Let 'em go Mo".
    trueblue and Q5-TPR like this.
  24. GARDA Subscribing Member

"How bad is my district court?"

My expectations may be so low that I think they've already been met. :rolleyes:
  25. mtc High Priestess

BUT - what did the prosecutor have to say about it - or did he/she have no clue what was going on?

Seriously - it's sounding more and more like total and complete incompetance from the prosecution!

Stupid bitch failed to even read the arrest report and let the drunk that hit your barracksmate on 93 trapping his legs - walk!