How to get hired or promoted at the Plymouth Co. Sheriff's Dept.

Discussion in 'Sheriffs' started by SheriffMcWaste, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SheriffMcWaste

SheriffMcWaste MassCops Member

BENOIT, RAYMOND
    DIRECTOR PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

BIRTWELL, JOHN

BITTEKER, CHRISTOPHER
    FLEET MANAGER PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

BUCKLEY, JOHN
    LIEUTENANT PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

CALLAHAN, DANIEL
    CAPTAIN PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

CHIANO JR, PAUL

COACHE, DAVID
    CIVIL DEPUTY PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

FINNERTY JR, JOHN

and his wife...

FINNERTY, LESLIE
    VOLUNTEER COORD. PLYMOUTH CO McDonald, Joseph $500.00

GABRIEL, MARK
    DEPUTY DIRECTOR PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

HUANG, PHILIP
    DETAIL COORDINATOR PLYMOUTH CO McDonald, Joseph $500.00

LAWTON, ROBERT
    MAJOR PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

and his brother...

LAWTON, PAUL

MOLINO, ALEX
    DEPUTY SHERIFF PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

and his brother...

MOLINO, JASON
    ARCHIVIST PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

MONIZ, ANTONE
    ASST SUPERINTENDENT PLYMOUTH CO McDonald, Joseph $500.00

MUSCATO, LISA
    DEPUTY DIRECTOR PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

and her husband...

MUSCATO, James

and if you want to go to the FBI National Academy for 10 weeks all on the taxpayers dime...

PETERSEN, SCOTT
    CAPTAIN PLYMOUTH COUNTY McDonald, Joseph $500.00

and his wife (who does not work at the PCSD YET)

PETERSEN, ERIN
    OWNER HAIR SALON McDonald, Joseph $500.00

All the above and more can be seen at EFS: Search Contributions

CPF ID 14188

More to follow...

2. BB-59

BB-59 MassCops Member

I wish our soon to be new health care system was as easy to understand!

3. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

Nice, I used it to see all the people that I had worked with years ago at Bristol who donated!!!!!!

4. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

So most of those guys donated 500 clams.

That's how the clam boil originated.

I love history.

5. Harley387

Harley387 MassCops Member

Ball suckers! Lol!!!!!

6. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

This one, for some reason, totally cracked me up!

Wifey is the hubby's Deputy ??

(there is SO much that snipe and 7 can do with that!)

7. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

Please dont encourage them :twisted:

8. SheriffMcWaste

Some call the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Dept. “Hollywood East” because of all the directors running around. James Muscato is the Director of Field Services and based in Plymouth. Lisa Muscato runs the Brockton civil process office. Like I said almost as many directors running around giving orders then in Hollywood.

There are around 30 big money members of the “command staff” at PCSD. Most of them are paid six figures a year for God knows what? I’ll be putting out a list soon.

I am surprised that more people who live and work in the Plymouth County area are not aware of the size of the budget of the PCSD. Especially members of the LE community.

9. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Needs desperately to work on her customer service skills. (WAFB)

10. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

Gotta love this BS!:rolleyes:

Okay so start quantifying your vague statements. PCSD has a command staff of around 30. Imagine that. "most of them" are paid six figures. Okay so just how many are most? What exactly is the budget of PCSD? what percentage of that budget is management salary? You've "discovered" a whopping $10K in campaign donations via public access.
    Got an agenda here?
    :rolleyes:
    Gay Guy Glodis and Homo Hodgson are two distinct High sheriffs who have blatantly wasted money on things like Urban Assault Vehicles and Anti-submarine warfare/Missile patrol craft. Hodgie blatantly pretended he was back in Maryland and put PATROL deputies into a large city against that city's wishes. Stick to crying about clowns like that.

I'm LE in Plymouth county. Wanna cry about waste? Start with the salaries of some of the "higher ed" management clowns at BSC and Massasoit. Best scam going. Retired faculty and managers coming back on the payroll as "consultants", Faculty being paid good money to teach part time and making more than many FT employees. Whatever...

being anti-sheriff is a pastime here on Masscops, you better be able to really bring something better than this to the table
    :ermm:

11. SheriffMcWaste

The budget of the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Dept. was reported in April of 2008 to be over $61 million with almost 600 employees of which around 300 are corrections related.

Unfortunately getting the current payroll would involve coming out of the shadows which would cause problems regarding employment. So just be patient and understand that last year McDonald with $60+ million for a budget still went over almost $10 million dollars over that $60+ million budget.

As for toys this guy has got a 10+ horse mounted unit, a couple of motorcycles, and a mobile command vehicle worth around $750,000. Plus an armored truck and a older mobile command center which is just rusting away in the yard. But the older unit is still better then the current one Brockton PD has.

As for 03’s/consultants McDonald has them also but like I said getting the entire payroll is something I’ll have to do later.

As for donations to McDonald has a total of over $222,000 to date. I would not be surprised to find a few members of Masscops on that list considering I have to defend my statements.

12. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

People kiss ass and pay money to get ahead every day. If you are working for Sheriff's Office, you know that it is a fact of life. Who the Sheriff is, does not matter. Bosses change, but ass kissers mostly stay the same.

You hate this guy so much, and think you can change things? Maybe you should run against him.

13. Inspector71

Inspector71 Duke of Campus Police

Hey SheriffMcWasted!

Don't bother trying to defend yourself from us here on masscops! Just take a hike you disgruntled dipstick!
    :twisted:

14. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

This is really the issue. 600 employees with only half being directly related to corrections. WTF? The other 300 employees are doing what? This is rinky dink PLYMOUTH COUNTY, not Los Angeles County. There's really no need for 300 additional hacks doing things unrelated to the core mission of the sheriffs department.

15. SheriffMcWaste

Yes, I am disgruntled. Let me tell you a verifiable story. In 2005 Joseph McDonald becomes Sheriff. He fires 23 high paid hacks the first week in office and hires 27 new high paid hacks to replace the 23. One of these new hacks is Andrew Parks. Mr. Parks is a landscaper by profession and is a close friend of Sheriff McDonald…how close you ask? Andrew Parks is named to the newly created position of Deputy Chief of Staff and is making $87,500.00 a year along with an unmarked car and all the other benefits. Now consider me disgruntled when someone who was raking leaves in December of 2004 now becomes the number 4 man at the PCSD in January of 2005. Mr. Parks lasted less then over a year in that job before he was forced out of his position.

I look at someone in a hack position and not only see their salary but the cost of their benefits as part of the total cost to the budget for their position. So $87,500 a year plus their benefits and state paid equipment easily goes over $100,000 a year in actual costs.

As for being a dipstick that is a term I would expect one of Mac’s Hacks to use to try to belittle me and my statements on here.

16. Rocco39

Rocco39 MassCops Member

:jump:
    It's past time for the full dismantling of the County Sheriff sytem. Put em all under the control of the DOC! Then, and only then will our "brothers behind the walls" get the full respect that they deserve! Until then, keeping score on who's a "hack" and who's legit will continue to be a muddy pond.... IMHO...

17. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Looking at their website I'm confused as to why someone would want to join as a CO; the deputy sheriff program looks tit compared that other crap. Who do I make the check out to?

18. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

That will be to Mr. Cash,you can leave off the Mr.

19. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

As a civil-service full-time municipal police officer in Plymouth County, I may add that McDonald isn't nearly the threat as his Bristol and Worcester counterparts are. And until our state legislators put forth sheriff reforms, this will be par for the course, and is in nearly every sheriffs office in the state. All those things being the same in every county, McDonald doesn't go the extra next step and try to actively encroach on the law enforcement duties of the other municipalities that happens in say, oh, New Bedford or Worcester.

Former Sheriff McDonough, whom McDonald replaced, was indeed that tool. Anyone remember when he spent thousands of taxpayer dollars printing up paphlets touting the PCSD's acheivements---three months before his election?

Second, keep in mind that these donations may be more geared to people wanting to KEEP their positions by donating to the re-election campaign, as a new sheriff would simply cut them loose and install his own crew.

Third, ever consider PCSD has a huge budget because the jail is one of the newest, largest, and most secure facilities in the state, housing county, state, and federal prisioners, and that is takes tons of staff to man it? Just a thought...

All I'm saying is that what you've posted is no surprise to anyone and happens all over the state. It's not right, but it's the way it is. Past that, McDonald doesn't f*ck with local departments, which is mainly what I'm concerned with.

I find that last line to be quite offensive.

So what...you should be able to come in here and spew whatever garbage you want without someone taking to to task? You think you should get a free pass simply because the MC community usually bases sheriffs as a recreational sport? Who says you shouldn't have to defend your statements? Don't think just because you anticipate your posts being popular doesn't mean you don't have to answer for them.

Listen, god knows I'm not one to go out on a limb and defend the extreme political patronage that goes on in the dozen sheriff's offices around the state. But I think the Masscops community is more than in the right to question someone who comes in here like a bat outta hell with an axe to grind.

Don't throw around your threatening language and expect members to bow to you as if you're going to call thim out a la Eugene McCarthy.

20. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Well, there is ONE good reason to go through that crap. If you go to the employment link and see the slideshow of training, there's one female in the middle (an instructor, perhaps?) that brings back some memories...

Plymouth County Sheriff's Department

[​IMG]

21. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 92K+Poster

If McDonald is so great why doesn't he do something about his call jumping
    K9 deputy.

He is no better than the other hack sheriffs.

22. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

For the record, I have never had a Plymouth County K9 jump my call. I know it's happened as reported in previous threads, but I highly doubt that was the sheriff telling his guys to go forth and call-jump and rather an over zealous deputy wanting to run his dog around a car or two.

Furthermore, those K9 guys are always professional when we call on them for help.

Whatever. I would just prefer this anger be directed to those who are more deserving, like Glodis and Hodgie. Last I heard Hodgson just secured a federal grant to renovate the USS Massachusetts which would enable it to patrol the Taunton River Watershed.

23. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

That's the problem. The good guys who go to work everyday and work within the walls, are the first ones to get spanked for even the smallest misdeed.

The guys with the plastic badges going around playing cop give the entire sheriff's department a bad name.

Do away with the sheriff's department, put them under the DOC, and the used car dealerships will go through the roof.

The competition will be good for the economy and anyone looking to buy a car. The price of seafood will drop due to an overabundance. (Less clam boils)

It's a win-win situation.

24. SheriffMcWaste

How much more of a hack does McDonald have to be then to take donations, give promotions, and show special favors?

Plympton police officer completes FBI academy training - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise

I believe “Captain” Petersen deceived the FBI National Academy into thinking he was a Captain in a legitimate county law enforcement agency with the help of the current Sheriff. I wonder if they would have taken him if they knew he was a part-time police officer. Somewhere there is a full time academy graduate superior officer in a police department who missed out on an opportunity to go to the FBI National Academy because of this deceit.

If you wondering how did this happen just take a look at:
    OCPF's Electronic Filing System

You will see Petersen has donated $1,300.00 in the last three years to the current sheriff. So it looks like the cost of the FBI National Academy via the PCSD is $1,300.00.

25. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

As Obie, 263FPD, and Inspector 71 pointed out, PCSD is 180 degrees out from Wackos like Worcester and Bristol County. Again you have specific minor incidents of favoritism or wasteful spending. Like nothing like that happens anywhere else in L.E. or Plymouth County. Nice that you have your 15 minutes of whatever, now please...

Grow up, and go to Masssheriffs and moan there...:(

PLEASE LET"S CLOSE THIS THREAD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.