Intermittent Academy Mass ..

Discussion in 'New England Area Law Enforcement' started by knight73, Oct 10, 2015.

  1. knight73

    knight73 New Member

    My son just finished his degree and is interested in attending the Western Mass Intermittent Academy. I understand he needs to be endorsed by a police chief. Will a police chief endorse him if he has not yet been hired onto the reserves or auxiliary police? He has been saving and can pay his own way if need be. Nobody outside law enforcement seems to know. Hoped you guys might have an answer.
  2. Goose

    Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

    Depends on the Chief...some will, some won't. He'll have spend an afternoon or two making phone calls or sending emails.
  3. felony

    felony MassCops Member

    Join an auxiliary department as they will often send their officers to the R/I Academy.
  4. woodyd

    woodyd MassCops Member

    Start by having your son call the Chief where you live. Also if any of his CJ professors where he got his degree are Cops, he could ask them about getting a sponsorship or becoming an auxiliary for their department.
    But have your son do the leg work. Most Chiefs will want to sponsor someone who has the initiative to make the call themselves. The Chief who sponsored me for R/I was an old friend of my Father, but I did everything to secure his sponsorship (made the call, had previously interned for that dept, went in to meet with him, paid for the Academy myself, etc) I didn't want to rely on my Father to get sponsored.
    mpd61 likes this.
  5. mpd61

    mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

    You're such a big boy Woody!
    Goose, pahapoika and woodyd like this.
  6. woodyd

    woodyd MassCops Member

    Awww thanks MPD. My mommy said she'd take me out for ice cream when I graduated.
    mpd61, Goose and pahapoika like this.
  7. knight73

    knight73 New Member

    Good advice Woodyd thanks

Share This Page