Job Prospects

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by visible25, Jan 30, 2017.

1. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

NYPD is hiring. Great place to start.

felony, Joel98, visible25 and 3 others like this.
  2. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I always say it...

If I had it all over to do again, literally woke up tomorrow at 22 years old, LAPD.

carodo, Joel98, LA Copper and 2 others like this.
  3. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

You stole my video.

4. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

Above +1
    I knew from the start that L.E. was going to be a "hobby" for me. My advice is to do what I did and marry an R.N. or hell even a NP or MD.......Let them make the big bucks so you can concentrate on loving the job!!!! LOL!!!!;)

j809, Joel98, Kilvinsky and 2 others like this.
  5. Treehouse413

Treehouse413 MassCops Member

Was so into the job when I first started. I'm very grateful for where I am now and my retirement but if I could do it all over again I'd be a plumber,electrician. Etcccccccc

USAF3424, Kilvinsky and pahapoika like this.
  6. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

/\
    This

USAF3424 and Kilvinsky like this.
  7. CapeSpecial

CapeSpecial MassCops Member

You can very easily transfer to another unit wherever you end up with a cop job. I looked into this quite extensively myself. Don't let your reserve service stop you from going South or West.

Joel98 and visible25 like this.
  8. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

I realize that switching won't be the end of the world... what's keeping me is family - specifically sick family

LA Copper likes this.
  9. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

I hear you there.... and that's what's most important.

pahapoika, Joel98 and visible25 like this.
  10. devenob

devenob 2300

You had to join the program with a small amount of credits, it's like a 5 year program you get your masters and a FT academy. Try VT, Maine there always hiring troopers. Money ain't good but if you wanna stay here and not deal with CS then that's probably your best bet not being academy trained. Depending on your unit or mos I had a couple friends get put through the Worcester academy by the army as MPs a while ago? But I would go west, look at Utah, colorodo ect it's gorgeous out there

pahapoika and Joel98 like this.
  11. CapeSpecial

CapeSpecial MassCops Member

Well, that's a good reason then.

12. felony

felony MassCops Member

I went to Rhode Island, I was hired within 4 months of taking the test. The RI Academy, is accepted by the MPTC in case you ever decide to return home. RI is close enough to MA and has high population density and there is plenty of police work to be done. You won't be policing a one horse town, unless you go to Scituate or Foster.

Soon enough most departments will be out of CS, then it will be all political hooks and academy training.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    visible25 likes this.
  13. Treehouse413

Treehouse413 MassCops Member

Some advice . If your local area doesn't pan out please look federal . Postal police has a great gig w great money. At the end of the day it's about the pay,time off, and benefits . Trust me.

Kilvinsky, pahapoika and devenob like this.
  14. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Virginia is lovely this time of year.

We are always hiring and it's a great stepping stone if you want to get your 1811 one day.

visible25 likes this.