Justice Department Sues Alabama Over Controversial Immigration Law

Discussion in 'Illegal Immigration Issues' started by kwflatbed, Aug 2, 2011.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 90K+Poster

[​IMG]

The Justice Department has filed a lawsuit against Alabama's new controversial immigration
    law, essentially fighting Alabama on grounds similar to its legal battle with Arizona over that state's controversial law.
    In both cases, the Justice Department argues that the states are overstepping their authority by wading into something that is a strictly federal responsibility: immigration enforcement.
    Gov. Robert Bentley signed the Alabama law in June, but it's not set to take effect until Sept. 1. The law makes it a crime to be an undocumented immigrant in Alabama and allows law enforcement to detain individuals they have a "reasonable suspicion" of being in the country illegally. The law also makes it illegal to give undocumented immigrants rides and requires school districts to check on the immigration status of students who enroll.

Read more: Justice Department Sues Alabama Over Controversial Immigration Law - FoxNews.com
  2. kwflatbed

Judge Lets Key Parts of Alabama's Strict Immigration Law Stand

A federal judge has refused to block key parts of Alabama's new law on illegal immigration, including its requirement to check the immigration status of students.
    U.S. District Judge Sharon Blackburn blocked some other parts of the law, which both supporters and critics say is the nation's toughest clampdown on illegal immigration by a state.

Read more: Judge Lets Key Parts Of Alabama's Strict Immigration Law Stand | Fox News

3. kwflatbed

Alabama Police Prepare to Enforce Tough New Immigration Law

[​IMG]
    Ashley Hendricks, a University of Alabama student from Huntsville, holds a sign and chants while protesting HB-56 on Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Police in Alabama are getting ready to enforce what is considered by many as the toughest immigration law in the nation.
    Beginning Thursday, authorities can question people suspected of being in the country illegally and hold them without bond, and officials can check the immigration status of students in public schools, Gov. Robert Bentley said.
    Those two key aspects of Alabama's new law were upheld by a federal judge on Wednesday. The governor said parts of the law take effect immediately.

Read more: Alabama Police Prepare To Enforce Tough New Immigration Law | Fox News
  4. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I love it!
  5. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Alabama is so racist, who are they to try to stop criminaliens from doing the work that Americans wont.
  6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

When will the moonbats wake up and realize that the American people are absolutely fed-up with illegal aliens and want something to be done? If the federal government refuses to address the problem, the states are well within their rights to do it themselves.
  7. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I'd move down to Alabama in a heartbeat. With what I can sell my house for up here (a simple brick ranch) I could get a plantation down there for. Well, maybe a palatial estate. And have the shitheel illegals thrown out as a bonus!
  8. kwflatbed

9. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Getting a little scared?? Geez... That's a reaaal obvious red flag huh? Pulling your kids from school on worries of deportation?

Alabama gets it. Get. The Eff. Out. Real threats of deportation actually work! They leave!
  10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

11. zm88

zm88 Supporting Member

Happy to see a state government with the balls to do the right thing.
  12. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[TABLE="class: esc-layout-table"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: esc-layout-thumbnail-cell"][​IMG] Fox News

[/TD]
    [TD="class: esc-layout-article-cell"]Hispanics leave school in face of Alabama's tough immigration law Christian Science Monitor - ‎6 hours ago‎

Alabama's new immigration law requires public schools to document the legal status of children upon enrollment. As a result, many immigrant families are withdrawing their children from school.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I love it.
  13. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Who are you people kidding??

THEY'RE HEADED HERE !!
  14. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I went to a domestic last night where there were 5 adults, 6 children, and a dog living in a cockroach-infested 1-bedroom apartment. They had all moved here from Florida a couple of months ago, because.......drum roll please.......Florida started drug-testing welfare recipients.
  15. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

SHOCKING! :rolleyes:
  16. zm88

zm88 Supporting Member

There's a family that should be flagged by DTA, and an investigation into where the cash bennies go.
  17. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I wouldn't call it a family.....no one was married, and I'm not sure even they knew who the fathers of all the kids are. The sleeping arrangements looked like a slave ship.
  18. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

At the very least - report them to the MSPCA for abuse!!

And make sure your AC officer has the addy to follow up on the dog's licence!
  19. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[TR]
    [TD="class: esc-layout-thumbnail-cell"][​IMG] Atlanta Journal Constitution

[/TD]
    [TD="class: esc-layout-article-cell"]Ala. loses workers as immigration law takes effect CBS News - ‎16 minutes ago‎

(AP) MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Alabama's strict new immigration law was touted as a job creation bill, a way to force illegal workers out of jobs and open them up for legal residents.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Here they come.
  20. kwflatbed

MA and RI will welcome them with open arms.
  21. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Man the borders! Shut 'em down on 95 in New York with artillery fire and napalm...
  22. kwflatbed

23. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[TR]
    [TD="class: esc-layout-thumbnail-cell"][​IMG] In-Forum

[/TD]
    [TD="class: esc-layout-article-cell"]Immigrants fearing deportation make plans for kids The Associated Press - ‎10 hours ago‎

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Terrified by Alabama's strict new immigration crackdown, parents living in the state illegally say they are doing something that was unthinkable just days ago - asking friends, relatives, co-workers and acquaintances to take ...
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I have a suggestion, Take them with you!
  24. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

Justice Department Sets Up Hotline for Foes of Alabama’s Immigration Law

Opponents of Alabama’s new immigration [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]law[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] can now call the Justice Department directly to make complaints about the state’s effort to crack down on illegal immigrants.
    The Justice Department has set up a hotline and email for the public “to report potential civil rights concerns related to the impact of Alabama’s immigration law.”
    The Justice Department is seeking to block the enforcement of the law, which is widely considered the toughest in the nation. Justice officials filed a challenge to the law last week, claiming it is “highly likely to expose persons lawfully in the United States, including [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]school[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] children, to new difficulties in routine dealings.”
  25. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people" - 10th Amendment, United States Constitution (c) 1787.

If Obama or Holder can point out where it says in the Constitution that states cannot protect themselves from alien invasion, I'd be interested to see it.