Quantcast

Katie Couric freaked out over 911 calls being placed from late husband's phone

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by kwflatbed, Feb 16, 2013.

1. kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 89K+Poster

Katie Couric freaked out over 911 calls being placed from late husband's phone

Published February 14, 2013
    FoxNews.com
    • [IMG]
      Host Katie Couric attends a panel for "Katie" during the Disney/ABC Television Group portion of the Television Critics Association Summer press tour in Beverly Hills, California July 26, 2012. (Reuters)
    Katie Couric is rattled by mysterious 911 calls being made from her late husband Jay Monahan’s landline.

The calls happen Tuesdays at 2 a.m., various sources told the New York Daily News[IMG], and are placed from the line in Couric’s apartment that belonged to her husband.

“It’s happened like three times the last three weeks,” Couric reportedly told the audience during a break in taping her talk show “Katie.”

“Every day, every time at 2 a.m. on Tuesday morning. I was out of town the last time it happened and apparently it happened before when nobody was home,” she said.

Police sources told the Daily News[IMG] there have been at least 10 calls placed from the line and each time a patrol car has responded to the calls.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/02/14/katie-couric-reportedly-freaked-out-over-11-calls-being-placed-from-late/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2L4fH2vFt
  2. Goose The Doctor is IN!

I'm alive and I won't pay for a landline, but a dead person has a landline.

I bet he voted for Obama too.
    LGriffin, Nightstalker, Hush and 2 others like this.
  3. MaDuce MassCops Member

A lot of dead people voted for Obama during the recent election.
    USMCMP5811, frank and Nightstalker like this.
  4. Delta784 Guest

I haven't had a landline in over a year, and absolutely don't miss it.
    frank likes this.
  5. Bloodhound MassCops Member

11 years now, no regrets.People thought I was nuts at the time.
  6. mtc High Priestess

There's a "landline" from a defunct office at the State House that "calls 911" sometimes.

It's a fault in the line - office doesn't exist anymore... Katie can get over herself and have her building super handle it.
  7. Goose The Doctor is IN!

If you dial fast enough (I dialed a radio station using a modem as a kid in an attempt to win a contest), you can dial a number that contains the digits 911 (not necessarily together, either - in my case it was a 931-1xxx number) and it will go to 911.

Fortunately no one tweaks their modem or fax machine to dial that fast, and I haven't done it since either. ;)
  8. Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit

Did you also almost start WW3 by playing "global thermonuclear war" with WOPR?