Kimber

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by USAF286, Nov 27, 2016.

1. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

I've been asking around a lot recently and keep getting different answers. Figured I would ask here as well. Is a MA LEO able to purchased a Kimber handgun in MA? Purchase in NH and send to a MA FFL? Does the MA EOPS gun list pertain to MA LEO? Has anyone had any success using Buds Gun Shop (online). Thanks for any and all input!

2. USM C-4

USM C-4 MassCops Member

Interesting. I own a couple of Kimbers, both are single-stack 45's. Has MA restricted them as well? When I lived there the hi-cap ban was in effect but nothing that would have impacted a 1911. Or is it just a fact of the AG approved list not covering Kimber?

3. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

According to the http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approvedfirearmsroster10-2016.pdf site they are not an approved firearm. I was just wondering what (or if) there is a process that a LEO can purchase a Kimber in MA.

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Goose, USAF286 and pahapoika like this.
  5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

You can buy a Glock all day and it's restricted .
    Why not a Kimber?

mpd61 likes this.
  6. rabbitranger

rabbitranger MassCops Member

Ive heard of Some shops that will require you to get a letter from your chief or superior officer saying its OK for them to sell the gun to you. But even then they are very leary on doing it because of the AG.

USAF286 likes this.
  7. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Perfectly fine, just need a willing ffl. Try Atlantic tactical

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

USAF286 likes this.
  8. USM C-4

USM C-4 MassCops Member

Au contraire, mon ami. I have two. Neither spends much time in the safe. 1600 rounds through one (just getting broken in!) and about 300 through the new one. They shoot great, look great, trigger is top notch out of the box.

They aren't the custom guns they used to be... (or semi-custom maybe) but for a production gun they are one of the best. Anything else better is gonna run you $3000 or up and a good Kimber won't set you back more than a Sig or Smith.

9. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cut it out! Just buy the phukkin thing and PM any of us and we'll tell you which FFL's will transfer it to you on your creds!

10. Pvt. Cowboy

I'm just shit talking anyway. :)

I heard of all the Kimber issues from a while ago, so I'm just busting. I'm a huge Sig fan. I've run prob a 1000 through my 226, about 600 through my 229, and another 500 through my 320. Flawless weapons.

mpd61 and USM C-4 like this.
  11. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

You need to get out more brother. I've got that much ammo in an ammo can waiting for me to go shoot it.

12. Pvt. Cowboy

Need more time bro. I spend most of it doing jitsu, not shooting.

Goose likes this.