Late-season snow to impact Friday

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by kwflatbed, Mar 30, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

Higher elevations receive "plowable" snow

[​IMG] |
    Updated: 5:48 AM EDT Mar 30, 2017

A.J. Burnett
    Meteorologist

|
    Updated: 5:48 AM EDT Mar 30, 2017

A.J. Burnett
    Meteorologist

BOSTON —
    March came in like a lamb and may end like a snow-covered lamb.

Low pressure that spawned severe weather over the Plains States this week will head toward New England on Friday. The air mass over New England will be just cold enough to support snow across the interior and higher elevations.

[​IMG]
    The best chance for accumulating snow should be north of the Mass Pike, in areas like the Worcester Hills, the Monadnocks and the Berkshires. The snow may mix with sleet and some rain later Friday night.

Winter storm watches have been posted for areas north of the Mass Pike for Friday and early Saturday.

[​IMG]
    Precipitation should begin by mid to late-morning on Friday across western and central Massachusetts. Eastern areas, including the Boston area and the Cape and Islands should see precipitation start toward midday.

The wintry mix should last into early Saturday morning before ending.

Friday is also the 20th anniversary of the beginning of the April Fools' Day Storm of 1997. Boston received 25.4 inches of snow, Worcester was blanketed by 33 inches, and Milford was buried under an incredible 36 inches.

2. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Greaaat :rolleyes:

3. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

We'll get slush and then rain on the So Shore.... that's cool... Sucks to live where the dinosaurs roam though !

4. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

Enjoy it my friends.

5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Yes, I'll be outside all day "enjoying it" :p

6. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

And of course I'm coming to Worcester Saturday morning... why did I leave FL again :rolleyes:

mtc and pahapoika like this.